Thread: Trying to grasp encryption

Thanks

Default Trying to grasp encryption

Hi, I'm on a steep learning curve and have been reading solidly for days trying to gain some info but still I am stuck.

I have a paid au* sub card. It has the red au* logo. I believe it is version 5.3. That is what is mentioned when the card is interrogated via the Ci module.

I have a brand new purple cam and a twinhan 1034 ci pci card with latest drivers. All channels scan fine with both the au* box (flinders) and the pci card.
    With the twinhan software, version 3.2 and 3.4 of Digital TV, I have no problems watching the channels I have paid for. It is a doughey piece of software, though. I have no ability to change codec etc.

With ProgDvb, I hcan watch the fta channels and that is it. It will not decrypt channels I have paid for. The cam is fine in the Ci module.

The owner of the ProgVB forum asked me to manually set up the EMM on the channels I don't have a freaking clue of what they mean. Here are some screen dumps of the offending screens. I'm hoping someone has a clue on what I need to achieve here.
    Also what does the actual encryption? Programs like DNTV NOW! don't have CI modules yet can still be used to watch Selec tv and Au*..So is it the codec itself that does the decryption after the sub card in the cam gives the okay to do so?

I'm really at a loss here and have no idea on how I can get the info I need...

Regards,
    Last edited by sanquar; 15-03-08 at 12:07 AM. Reason: added to it

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I use Twinhan 1020a for my ProgDvb using softcam to decode NDS sub card.

I manage to get it working using "Reader" and "tcp-client". Unfortunatley, I don't know anything about your au* sub card

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sanquar View Post
    I have a brand new purple cam and a twinhan 1034 ci pci card with latest drivers. [snip]
    With the twinhan software, version 3.2 and 3.4 of Digital TV, I have no problems watching the channels I have paid for. It is a doughey piece of software, though. I have no ability to change codec etc.
    I agree the DigitalTV software is poor. I have spent three weekends already trying to get my system to work. I have the Twinham 1034 with a purple CAM and a Aurora smartcard. I can tune in all the FTA channels ok but I have a feeling that the smartcard is not being activated. I have left the unit plugged in and turned on for a few days and I still didn't get any messages recorded.

Sorry to change the thread a bit but have you been able to get the smartcard activated with the Twinhan card or did you have to plug it into another receiver.

Cheers