Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate and New IGO8 Thread By Hollowman - FEB 2010

Thanks

Talking The Ultimate and New IGO8 Thread By Hollowman - FEB 2010

OR HER WAY ?

DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND AND THE ORIGINAL THREAD RECEIVING 24,120 VIEWS AND 447 POSTS AND RISING (AS OF 15/2/10) I DECIDED TO MAKE A NEW IGO8 THREAD ON THE SAME SUBJECT AND COLLATE ALL THE INFO IN HERE FROM (Which is still running). This will hopefully eliminate people from sifting through a thousand pages before getting to the answer. I have collated all the relevant and useful questions and answers in this first post.

SO WELCOME AND ENJOY, HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE THE ULTIMATE IGO8 THREAD ON THE NET!

I ALSO WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FROM MY PREVIOUS THREAD THAT HELPED MAKE IT SO LARGE AND TO THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTED IN HELPING OTHERS (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE).

My links are now protected, so if a link dies, please PM me about it and ill fix it .... (don't notify me in a post)

IF THE APP / MAP ETC GETS UPDATED, I WILL CHANGE THE LINK IN THE FIRST POST, SO YOU WILL NEED TO IGNORE WHAT VERSION IT SAYS. THIS WILL ELIMINATE YOU FROM GOING THROUGH 50 PAGES TO FIND A NEW VERSION

For most of you, it will work the first time, however some of you will have problems, some minor and some major. All devices are different and you will get many different types of errors. I can't list all the issues here but I want to ask people to help each other out and support eachother if someone asks for help. I'll do my best as well. If there are newer versions of what I uploaded here, please let me know, please dont just say there is a newer one, please supply the link or upload it yourself.

Another issue that I had with some of my other threads is that people come on and say "HAY I FIXED IT" then run away, but never tell us what
    they did ? I still don't understand why people do that ?

I always tell people this in all my threads and posts, but I thought I will add it in again. Before you ask questions, please remember to use google first, I know forums are here to have your questions answered, but please don't expect people to do the searching for you. DONT be lazy. Eveyone here is willing to help but if you do a search, you will find that your question has already been answered 1000 times in another thread that is the same or similar. Click on the google girl below to ask her a question ! - If you can't find your answer, please, by all means post your question.

(¯`*•ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸(¯`*•.¸
    THINGS TO KNOW¸.•*´¯)¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,¸,ø•*´¯)

1) FOR GOODNESS SAKE PEOPLE, BACK UP YOUR FILES FIRST FROM YOUR EXISTING IGO AND YOUR SYSTEM FILES ON YOUR GPS BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO UPGRADE OR INSTALL ANYTHING. YOU DONT UNDERSTAND HOW MANY PEOPLE FORGET AND STUFF UP THEIR DEVICE ! ESSPECIALLY YOUR CHINESE BRAND GPS. BACK UP WHAT EVER IS ON THE ROOT OF YOUR SD CARD AND INTERNAL MEMORY IF YOU HAVE IT.

2) You may need to edit the sys.txt for your device, it may not work straight away for your particular device.

3) If you get errors or trouble starting the application ask here for help or google it, because google is your friend.

4) Includes speedcam.txt which is 29kb.

5) Sensis R16.1 map is good for city area's and NAVTEQ is good for rural.

6) Click to see a list of sys.txt commands.

7) Each skin allows you to do different things, eg: skin 1 wont allow you to choose different cars, but skin 2 will. Each skin have different settings available.

8) Please make sure you got "hidden files" OFF in your windows xp/vista/7 folder settings.

9) I really appreciate you all thinking I know everything, but I actually don't, lol ... I get alot of requests/questions from people asking me how do I unlock this and how do I hard reset that. Well to put it simply, I dont know eveything about every device, I don't own evey PNA.

10)
    The reason why my version of iGO8 is larger then usual, is because I have included the POI/VOICES/MULTI-RESOLUTION DATA.ZIP and BRANDING.ZIP/SKINS.

11) For the iPhone section below, It may not be updated, but its just to get you started anyway. If you click on "Or this one" it will take you to another site, where there could be newer versions.

TOOLS (optional)¸.•*´¯)¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,¸,ø•*´¯)

1)
    , this tool gives you details about your device type, platform, screen resolution, ram, partition sizes, wince version, screen resolution etc.

2) a better file explorer for windows CE.

3) , shows what applications and processes running.

WHAT DEVICE DOES THIS WORK ON?¸.•*´¯)¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,¸,ø•*´¯)

1) Any Chinese DVD/GPS systems for cars (confirmed working on my Chinese All-In-One Car DVD/GPS).

2) Any PNA or PDA that runs Windows CE 4.2 core or higher.

3) Will not work on TOMTOM devices, as they are Linux based !

4) Any Windows Mobile 5.0 or 6.5 devices (confirmed working on my HTC TyTN II Mobile Phone, HTC Touch Pro 2 and mio168 running windows mobile 2003 with CE 4.2 core).

WHAT TO DOWNLOAD¸.•*´¯)¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,¸,ø•*´¯)

1) REQUIRED - Nav N Go iGO 8 R3 series - v8.3.4.117940 (Nov 3 2009)

UPDATED PACKAGE OF EVERYTHING REQUIRED IS HERE -
    It contains current uptodate map and everything else in the links below. One single download of 150 meg contains everything listed below.

2) REQUIRED - Australia Map

• 1 MIRROR: Australia 2008.Q4 [090612]
    • 3 MIRRORS: Australia /Telestra R16.1 [090708] 2009

3) OPTIONAL - (will work without it)

4) OPTIONAL - (Australia.dem 130mb - will work without it, but wont look sexy)

5) OPTIONAL - (TTS) (will work without it, just wont pronounce the street names)

6) OPTIONAL -
    7) OPTIONAL - (older version)

8) OPTIONAL - Australia Premium Telestra R16.1 090617 (already included)

8) OPTIONAL -
    9) OPTIONAL - (See FAQ's below on how to enable this)

10) OPTIONAL - for other countries, which includes a smaller DEM file for Australia that may have better details in certain area's

PREPERATION¸.•*´¯)¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,¸,ø•*´¯)

1) OPTIONAL - Back up any previous versions of igo8 data that you may have (eg: poi's, skins, maps, speed cams etc).

2) OPTIONAL - Uninstall/Delete any previous igo8 versions/directories.

3) If your CE device / PDA / PNA / Car GPS uses a SD card for the maps and software, then you'll need a SD card reader for your computer or laptop, or you can plug your device in via the USB to transfer data that way, depending on your device.

3) REQUIRED - Have installed.

4) REQUIRED - Please know what your doing before fiddling, do some reading if your a noob. It stresses me out when people PM me stating that their PNA/PDA is not working because they deleted important files!

INSTALLATION¸.•*´¯)¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,¸,ø•*´¯)

1) Extract [Nav N Go iGO 8 R3 series - v8.3.4.117940 (Nov 3 2009).rar] that you downloaded above (using winrar).

2) Copy the iGO folder to the root of your SD memory card.

3) Extract the [map.rar] and copy the Australia.fbl and basemap.fbl to \iGO8\content\map

4) If you downloaded the optional stuff, Extract the [buildings.rar], [dem.rar] & [TTS_LOQ.rar] files to a temp folder.

5) Copy Australia.3dl and Australia_Petrol.3dl to \iGO8\content\building from the [buildings.rar].

6) Copy Australia.dem to \iGO8\content\dem from the [dem.rar].

7) Extract [TTS_LOQ.rar] and copy [TTS_LOQ] folder to the root of iGO (not the content folder) - Just make sure all the other dll's are in the root of iGO as well.

8) Start iGO with iGO8.exe (may need to fiddle with sys.txt, read FAQ's below if your having issues).

(¯`*•ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸(¯`*•.¸ iGO FOR iPHONE¸.•*´¯)¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,¸,ø•*´¯)
    I have not writen tutorials for these, but here are the links to download them.

1. You need your iPhone jailbroken.
    2. If you dont know what jailbrake is, then don't even attempt to read further.
    3. Google is your friend, USE IT ! - it will show you how to jailbreak, alternativley go .
    4. You can find info on this forum about these apps.
    5. Blackra1n is available , its the offical website.

• Thread is

OTHER HANDY SITES

• Thread is
    • Thread is

Trivia - iGO for iPhone is actually the same Nav n Go Amigo.

Here is a app that I found that may come in handly for people that hate itunes like me, and

(¯`*•ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸(¯`*•.¸ FAQ's¸.•*´¯)¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,¸,ø•*´¯)

THESE ARE THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FROM MY PREVIOUS POST. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS REALLY LONG, BUT ONLY READ IT IF YOUR HAVING ISSUES, OTHERWISE YOU WILL JUST CONFUSE YOURSELF (OR JUST READ IT LATER FOR USEFUL TIPS)

• If you have igo and amigo both running on the sd card, open your sys.txt of amigo and type this in

[folders]
      content="\Storage Card\IGO8\content"

Now you can delete dem, map, voices, buildings from the amigo content folder. This will save heaps of space on your memory card. Basically it just uses the content from igo which is the same anyway (you may need to modify the path according to your device)

• HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SKIN

go to MAIN MENU > SETTINGS > CLICK RIGHT ARROW TO NEXT PAGE > MENU > SKIN

• Old version/s of iGO may not read newer maps...

• Some TTS voices perform better than others.

• You can go to and download the KLM file for igo8 for school zones or what ever catergory you want.
      then put the KLM file in \Storage Card\iGO8\content\userdata\POI
      then go back to manage poi and you should have a school zone catagory by it self...

• To find out what version of iGO8 you have, just go to the MENU >> SETTINGS >> NEXT PAGE >> ABOUT >> (here you will see your version number, then press the earth icon to see what maps you have.

• TO GET THE AUDIO SPEED CAMERA WARNINGS TO WORK WITH DIMKA SKIN

So to get it all happening with the Dimka skin
      1. Menu -> Settings -> Warnings -> Speed Camera Warning
      2. Mark the checkbox
      3. then click on the 3 dots to the right of it
      4. Mark the checkboxes for desired operation, i.e. al least audible warning
      5. Choose the language, e.g. English and type, e.g. Female
      6. Bottom row, you can enable which types of cameras to activate/disable alerts for
      7. Now the important bit, click on the 3 dots and the bottom right
      8. Middle at the bottom is where you can select the sound files; click until Ultra comes up
      9. Click on any of the pics for an example of the audio alert.

• HOW CAN I PUT A SHORCUT FOR IGO8 ON MY WINDOWS MOBILE DEVICE ?

1. Open file explorer
      2. Go to igo.exe and right click the file (or hold it down) then press copy
      3. Go to my device\windows\start menu\programs
      4. press PASTE SHORTCUT (not paste)

you can paste the shortcut anywhere in the start menu or even create a folder called GPS or GPS APPZ, what ever you want

• MY DEVICE KEEPS TURNING OFF DURING NAVIGATION

go to MENU >> (then next page) >> DEVICE >> set power management ALWAYS ON. If this does not work, then adjust the settings in your windows mobile power settings

• Some devices dont have enough ram, try disabling some features like terrain, 3D buildings or POI's to get the TTS to work.

• To reset the speed cam index list, just delete everything in the speedcam folder EXCEPT the txt file, then restart igo. This will rebuild it. If you have other speed cam txt files, you ill need to add them one by one and keep restarting igo. So add one, restart, exit, add the next one, restart and so on.

• If your using 800x480 resolution try using dimka SKIN

• HOW DO I CHANGE OR FIX MY RESOLUTION?

Open your sys.txt

[interface]
      skin="ui_igo8"
      resolution_dir="480_272"
      vga=0

[rawdisplay]
      class="landscape"
      screen_x=480
      screen_y=272

(RED IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED TO SUIT YOUR DEVICE, YOU MAY NEED TO DELETE THE SKIN="UI_IGO8" LINE IF YOUR HAVING ISSUES)

• IGO IS NOT FINDING MY GPS

Try adding the below command to your sys.txt, but you have to change your port and baud to suit your own device ! (Red is what needs to be changed for your device).

Ports can range from 1 to 9 and baud rates can go as follows;

add this sys.txt

[gps]
      port=2
      baud=4800

alternativly go to MAIN MENU >> SETTINGS >> NEXT PAGE >> GPS

Untick GPS Enabled, then retick it. Down the botton, you will see a "satellite icon with a magnifine glass" picture, press that and it SHOULD auto detect your com and baud rate. (your auto detect icon may look different, as I dont have the default skin on) if it does not auto detect, then you will have to untick. enable gps and input your settings manually).

• HOW DO I RESTORE DETAULTS IN IGO8?

To restore defaults, go into MAIN MENU >> MANAGE >> down the bottom, there is a little icon with a man (could be different on yours, depends on what skin your using), press this, then press RESET ALL SETTING.

TIP: If your new to iGO8, start by using the default skin first so you can get the feel of it and know where things are, later change the skin if you wish to your liking.

• The Austraila.ph file is the file containing rules for pronouncing road names etc, correctly and are customised for each country or region

• If your having issues with your SD card, try . Its a low level formatting tool for storage devices / memory cards. This tool is "less harsh" on your SD card.

• The Sensis R16.1 2009 map has speed limit data, and its pretty accurate too! I have driven from Sydney to Mudgee with it. I would estimate it to be about 98% accurate.

• If your device is not loading iGO properly and keeps giving errors etc, here is what you can do. Keep on trying to load iGO, it will continualy give you errors etc. Possibly after the 5th time, it will tell you "do you want to load the defaults", press YES. Alternativly go to the SAVE folder, there you'll find a system.ini , delete it and reload igo.

• Sometimes the auto detect does not work properly. You may have to enter your port and baud settings manually.

• If you have heaps of trouble starting iGO, try deleting or moving the sys.txt file (backing it up first of course) - There may be lines or commands in your sys.txt thats stopping iGO from loading.

• With the speed limit warnings, increase the leeway, this will eliminate iGO nagging you to death when you go 1kmph over. To do this, go
      to MENU >> NEXT PAGE >> WARNINGS

• If your really having trouble keeping the backlight on or stop your device from turning off, try adding this to your sys.txt

[power]
      backlight_day=100
      backlight_night=54
      backlight_slow_api=1
      backlight_sync_with_OS=1

• For some PNA's or locked devices, you may need to rename the igo.exe to what ever your device uses to load its software. For example, rename igo.exe to navigator.exe

• iGO

• HOW DO I ADD MORE BACKGROUNDS TO THE MAIN MENU OF IGO

The backgrounds are in data.zip\ui_igo8\240_320\background
      (or what ever resolution your runnning) unzip it, add/change the bmp files (keeping the resolution) then rezip it (zip not rar).

• With the voices, skins and languages, DONT extract the zip files, otherwise they will not work.

• If you can't see skins in your skins settings, try removing this line in your sys.txt (if its there) or add it if its not in your sys.txt

skin="ui_igo8"

• Some skins do not support all resolutions

• HOW TO CHANGE THE POI ICONS IN IGO8

The igo icons need to be a bmp (its all icons in one image)

SDCARD\iGO8\ui_igo8\common\poi_mapclose.bmp

SDCARD\iGO8\ui_igo8\common\night\poi_mapclose.bmp (different colour for night i guess)

in addition, i've got

SDCARD\iGO8\ui_igo8\240_320\Backgruond\picture.bmp

(background picture in bmp format and make sure the size fits your screen) You can download your POI icons from the links above or from your favourite POI site

• HOW TO SET YOUR HOME AS FAVOURITE IN IGO8

Type in your address and then a bar should appear accross the bottom of the screen with icons in it, tap the one with the star then tap on an empty line then you can edit the address in favourites to what ever you wish to call it.

• If you add this to your sys.txt under [interface]

skin="ui_igo8"
      resolution_dir="320_240"

it will force to igo use this skin resolution on your unit, but it may not look good (for testing purposes only)

• HOW DO I GET THE TERRAIN TO WORK IN IGO8

It will work automatically, you don't have to do anything, but just make sure you change your SKIN other than the default, and go to 3D setting and set TERRAIN details according to your preference.

• HOW CAN I DISABLE THE PHONE FROM LOCKING WHEN NAVIGATING OR WHEN IGO8 IS RUNNING?

Open sys.txt and add this

[power]
      backlight_day=100
      backlight_night=54

or go to MENU >> (then next page) >> DEVICE >> set power management ALWAYS ON

• HOW DO I ENABLE AND INSTALL 3D CARS IN IGO8

Extract the 3D Cars folder from the .RAR file and place it in the iGO8 folder.

Add to sys.txt:

[3dcar]
      work_dir="\SD Card\iGO8"
      mortscript="\SD Card\iGO8\Themechanger\MortScript.exe"

Alter the following section in sys.txt to change the size of the 3D Cars:

[map]
      3d_scale_carmodel=1
      3dcarsizemin=2500
      3dcarsizemax=5000
      3dcarsizemul=25000

Note: These values are the default ones.

• HERE ARE SOME COMMON STUFF TO PUT IN YOUR SYS.TXT - ORANGE IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED TO SUIT YOUR DEVICE

[rawdisplay]
      screen_x=800
      screen_y=480

[gps]
      port=2
      baud=4800

[debug]
      skip_eula=1
      tts_min_ready_ogg=1
      tts_getaway_time=100
      sound_q_length=200
      reserve_memory=1835008
      cache=262144

[interface]
      maxzoom2d=6000000
      show_exit=1
      defaulttilt3d=7600

[map]
      3d_max_tiltlevel=10000
      3d_max_zoomlevel=3000
      3d_min_zoomlevel=40
      3d_max_zfar=2000

[smartzoom]
      minangle=0
      maxangle=80

[tts]
      tts_buffer=131072 ( or tts_buffer=65536 )
      tts_logics=3
      always_say_road_names=1
      announce_street_name=1
      announce_exit_directions=1
      skip_exit_numbers=0
      priority="HIGH"

[timezone]
      sync_os_timezone=0
      reset_os_timezone=0

[map]
      3dcarsizemin=700
      3dcarsizemax=7500
      3dcarsizemul=90000

• Some devices read storage cards differently, if your editing any ini or txt file, you may need to find out how your device recognises your memory card.

This can include:
      StorageCard
      Storage Card
      SDMMC
      SD Card
      Flash Disk (internal memory)
      Resident Flash (internal memory)

TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND APPRECIATION, DONT FORGET TO PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HAVE HELPED YOU AND THAT YOU LIKE THIS THREAD !

Last edited by hollowman; 15-02-10 at 04:23 PM.

2. The Following 186 Users Say Thank You to hollowman For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

45trekker (07-03-10),acejas (16-02-10),adamgosp (16-03-10),ADG (21-03-10),Ali (01-08-10),allananicol (07-04-10),angusc (04-06-10),astroboy (24-02-10),ausmap (16-02-10),b3n0s (24-06-10),bazzle01 (16-02-10),benaus (17-02-10),big_billy_g (28-09-10),blindpete (16-02-10),bobaruni (07-06-10),boleh (01-11-10),brett0004 (04-06-10),bruce69 (16-08-11),ccer (26-03-10),chadiwrx (17-02-10),Challenger (14-05-10),chrlz (26-06-11),conan_oz (15-02-10),coop (21-08-10),cowabunga (29-04-10),Crossie88 (26-02-10),cskepper (22-07-10),dalderton (08-09-10),daniellim (14-04-10),davebee (15-06-10),dedge (09-08-10),denniss1 (30-04-10),dickwyn (16-03-10),diver18 (12-03-10),Djchd310870 (18-04-10),Dobby (14-09-10),doda (24-02-10),dogsfoot (15-02-10),dom1959 (30-06-10),doogler63 (06-04-10),Doron (08-03-11),Downunder35m (15-02-10),Dreadd (18-07-11),Dredd (02-03-10),drgtr (18-06-10),dr_death (17-02-10),duke55 (16-02-10),Electrikmonk (06-10-10),estimaster (17-02-10),EvilChuckie (04-02-11),Farmsky (05-06-10),fforacing (14-03-10),Flagg (13-03-10),fnven (14-03-10),gavogr (14-05-11),geobjw (12-04-12),gl007 (18-02-10),Godzilla (27-07-10),gomax (08-04-10),gpsmad (25-03-10),grantacraig (14-01-11),grinner914 (11-03-10),gwd (22-06-10),harrietjames (04-05-10),hoe (15-02-10),Hose.Man (27-03-10),humax300 (19-04-10),ian9au (25-06-10),Iangh (25-02-10),Icon (14-08-10),INFO (17-07-11),jajemi (16-02-10),Jards88 (15-02-10),jasonliu234 (18-02-10),jba_driver (27-05-10),jglnb (10-04-10),Jjaakk (23-07-10),jnim (19-02-10),Jock21 (05-04-10),jonsnow (09-06-10),Jungery (27-02-10),k3v1n48 (01-05-10),Kevaclone (01-03-10),kfa1950 (05-10-15),kirribilli (26-07-10),knaff (18-02-10),kochimurali (18-02-10),ktloog (19-02-10),kukuk (15-02-10),L 'n' S VR-X (19-04-10),ldsilvester (09-01-14),letrabob (27-07-10),Luck Duck (17-02-10),lucky-phill (16-02-10),mal (26-02-10),Malooski (04-07-10),markanthony (29-09-10),markwid (25-03-10),marney (16-05-10),martymoose (08-03-10),master phi (04-03-10),mattyg (27-05-10),MaXiLeeCH (27-02-10),Memito (17-02-10),Mgoldbe1 (15-02-10),mikemunro (08-08-11),mildew (11-05-10),mittonsimon (25-05-10),Moof (16-02-10),Mr Ed (20-09-10),Mr. Flibble (29-10-10),mrfish (16-02-10),mrmacka (26-02-10),MrRadio (14-04-10),mulga (04-06-10),nagraeblanco (13-04-10),nfnovice (28-02-11),nightshadow (16-02-10),Nitephyre (04-10-10),nommaad (09-03-10),NoService (15-02-10),Oberg (06-03-10),ol' boy (17-02-10),oldsalt (15-02-10),onlyme (08-04-10),OUT24Q (20-02-10),ozheat (02-06-10),pandorf (29-03-10),pedro99 (10-07-10),peejayw (13-06-10),phenonix (30-06-10),Pnather (14-06-10),puca (15-02-10),Quiz (17-02-10),rastus555 (27-02-10),Ricki (11-04-10),RickSter (21-04-10),RiffRaff (18-05-10),rorywquin (15-02-10),rumey (06-12-10),Sandokan (17-02-10),scatman (08-02-14),ScooterRat (10-03-10),sdrambo (17-02-10),sexy1 (16-02-10),Seymour Butts (23-04-10),shedhead (30-04-10),Silas (17-02-10),sionghua (08-05-10),smartufo (14-04-10),snibs (15-02-10),sniper (09-04-10),spagy (16-02-10),sparky26 (10-03-10),Spike109 (30-10-10),steve58 (06-01-11),stevens (15-03-10),Stokbroka (21-02-10),StormyKnight (13-03-10),sydnorton (21-03-10),Tadhg (15-03-10),tas05 (29-04-10),the batla (08-10-13),the evil twin (20-02-10),TheOtherLeft (13-09-10),Thepom (17-04-10),timbo43 (02-06-10),tomar5e (19-04-10),tomtindall (16-02-10),toolz (07-03-10),Tradesman (10-08-10),tristen (11-03-10),truder44 (14-03-10),Twinfire (01-07-10),Twoshots (04-03-10),Uncle Fester (15-02-10),vbthanks (18-02-10),Vengeance911 (04-09-10),vinal (18-03-11),vinnie05 (11-06-10),viper000 (21-05-11),whiterx (01-05-10),yetihunter (14-01-11),Zelig87 (04-12-10)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

holy crap batman there is a wealth of knowledge there hollowman for IGO8
    good work m8
    IF IT DONT WORK USE A BIGGER HAMMER

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puca For This Useful Post:

hollowman (15-02-10),nommaad (09-03-10),phenonix (30-06-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 862 Posts

All we need now is the working BB-Code for spoiler.
    Like : [spoiler=Info]all apperas when you klick on it [/spoiler]

Makes it easier and to check the thread
    But looks like our good Hollowman is knee-deep into it now - good work !!!
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

• The Following User Says Thank You to Downunder35m For This Useful Post:

hollowman (15-02-10)

Thanks

Wow staying up till 3am...good work mate..your a premium member now!!!
    NOYPITS

• The Following User Says Thank You to kukuk For This Useful Post:

hollowman (15-02-10)

Thanks

wow what an effort......again!!

good stuff HM.

NS
    Last edited by NoService; 15-02-10 at 08:13 PM.
    The Early Bird May Get The Worm But Its The Second Mouse That Gets The Cheese!

• The Following User Says Thank You to NoService For This Useful Post:

hollowman (15-02-10)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

I clicked on the Google girl but I was so overwhelmed by your thread that I forgot what I wanted to ask her (had nothing to do with GPS though).

Great job
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hollowman (15-02-10)

Thanks

Great work Hollowman thats a fantastic effort.

• The Following User Says Thank You to conan_oz For This Useful Post:

hollowman (15-02-10)

Thanks

Ive linked your post so all the WD6050 owners who keep asking me questions about IGO etc can now come here.

Many thanks Bazzle

• The Following User Says Thank You to bazzle01 For This Useful Post:

hollowman (16-02-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bazzle01 View Post
    Ive linked your post so all the WD6050 owners who keep asking me questions about IGO etc can now come here.

Many thanks Bazzle
    Can recommend the WD6050 units, installed one into the wifes VW EOS a few weeks back. Nice unit comes with wiring harness to plug straight into the original cars harness, has Sat Nav, DVD, TV, Bluetooth etc. Works with all steering wheel controls. Have igo and Tom tom running so far. The unit looks and fits just like an original, not bad for only $500.00

They make units to suit many others cars.

Thanks

DUDE !!!!! NICE ONE H
    I've driven the Missus mad sitting at the PC and installing/uninstalling different Schemes, Skins, Maps etc for the past month. But with this new Forum H, I might have to get you to go halves in the divorce fees!!! LOL - BlindPete

• The Following User Says Thank You to blindpete For This Useful Post:

hollowman (16-02-10)

Thanks

Nice Work. There is 2 links in the DEM are they both the same?

Thanks

Great work Hollowman,
    Got mine working just right now.
    Cheers

• The Following User Says Thank You to dogsfoot For This Useful Post:

hollowman (16-02-10)

Thanks

LMAO @ Blindpete - funny !!

sexy1, the dem on 4) is 130mb and 10) is about 30mb - im assuming the 130 is better considering the file size... see my previous thread about it (last page or 2)

Thanks

Hello all.

I just wanted to ask a favour from you guys... I always wanted a good collection of igo skins, but the skins webpages are SO confusing and dissorganised. I get RSI looking at the website and just loose interest ... Im not sure if I have them all or only some ?

Basically, what I wanted to ask is if anyone is interested in collecting skins, sorting them in resolution folders and organising them etc... then sending them to me so i can post here (you will be credited obviously)

I'm not sure if this would be really time consuming or not, but just an idea. So if someone wants to help me out, shout out

Please PM me as the thread will go out of control heheh

• The Following User Says Thank You to hollowman For This Useful Post:

allcars (27-06-10)

Thanks

......Holy Cow !!! This thread should be submitted to Nobel Committee

a) For showing people the way 'if installed correctly' ( ie. route by the means of GPS and reaching their destinations without issues)

b) for reducing the domestic feud inside cars when reading maps (esp when missus is the navigator)

...etc ...etc...

I classify this thread as the mother...oops...Grandmother of all GPS threads !!!

Sir Hollowman....thou shall be blessed !!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Sandokan For This Useful Post:

hollowman (16-02-10)

Thanks

hahaha, thanks heaps Sandokan... tell your friends about this thread dont forget to press thanks on the first post
    Last edited by hollowman; 16-02-10 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks

This is great! All the info you need in one place. Thanks for putting in all the effort writing this! I found igo8 to be my favourite so far - especially with the 3d terrain mapping (haven't tried them all yet though).

• The Following User Says Thank You to tomtindall For This Useful Post:

hollowman (16-02-10)

Thanks

I don't really care - but the link to 3d cars gives this -

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Thanks

Ive got a How To question

How do you keep the zoom size on the map screen, i like my map zoomed in close,200/250mtrs but it always zooms back out to about 800mtrs/1klm

Thanks

3D cars link is fixed, guys just a reminder, if a link is broken, please PM me... less clutter

• The Following User Says Thank You to hollowman For This Useful Post:

Mr Ed (20-09-10)

• Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast