Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Roadking from Chinavasion CVGX-C39 KING4LYF123

Thanks

Hi

Thank you for your answer, i'll try this. I will post the result afterwards.

Best regards

Thanks

Default CVGX-C39 experience

Hi to all the members with enquiries and great solutions for road king (more likely – track peasant). This is my experience, and I have condensed it a bit as well, but it is worth reading so you can make your own opinion.

I purchased my unit January 2010 direct from chinavasion, to install in a Tarago. I had also purchased a reversing camera from Elinz in Melbourne. Like most, I pre-connected the wiring with the basics operating until I tested the rear camera. The camera would only operate occasionally. I figured out that the wiring loom in to the camera had a broken wire, so went through the process of sending it back for a replacement. The new one arrived and so I did the testing thing again. From that I have discovered that if the battery supply is not at least 13volts the head unit will not give vision from the camera.
    Another problem with not enough voltage is, when you start your car the head unit will lose any settings, because the starter motor takes the majority of the voltage when used. So you must be sure to have a good strong battery.
    By February I had tried most of the options other than the gps, the dbtv worked well if in a clear line with the station picking up most commercial stations. Then it shit itself. The following is what I sent to chinavasion;

'The screen will not move up and down, which means I can't insert any discs or view the screen easily.' The TFT LCD / screen has the following permanent touch buttons along the bottom edge, Mode/Band/Mute/Volume - +/Screen lower & raise/Eject. When I press either the screen 'lower or raise or eject' buttons nothing happens, the screen does not move, I cannot access the disc or SD card slots, I cannot adjust the screen so as to be able to view it easily in its mounted position. I have only used the unit a maximum of 25 times on the radio and 1 cd and 1 dvd (just to test for about 5 minutes) and once on the dvb-t to set the stations. After stopping the car last Sunday the screen didn't move back to the upright position, then after restarting the car later in the day the screen wouldn't move at all. On pages 22 to 26 of the instruction manual under the heading 'System Setup', I am unable to access this information as mentioned on page 21 '#19. Setup'.

Their reply was; I've read your description of the problem and I am sorry about this quality issue.You can return the item(s) in question to our warehouse in China according the following instructions by EMS or registered mail.
    We will repair the faulty item(s). If a repair is not possible we will offer credit so you can buy replacement/alternative products.

3 weeks and $66 later they received it, this was their reply; * The product is confirmed faulty due to that the retractable panel cannot be back.

I had also noticed that the unit would get very hot at the back. So I sent this; May I make a suggestion, the wiring details sticker that is on the top of the unit covers some of the ventilation holes. Perhaps the sticker can be placed on the underneath of the unit. Also, was the panel fault an electronic or mechanical problem?

They didn’t understand, so I had to reword it more simply with one line at a time. This was their reply; Ok, I have forwarded the request to our technicians. They would double check the item before sending it back. I will email you if there is any undated information.

I finally received the repaired unit back at the start of April. When I opened the packaging the on/off button was jammed inside the shroud, so I dismantled the tft screen and found the button was broken. It is a very flimsy design with a bit of welded plastic, 1mm round, off the side of the actual switch. I had to melt a bit of plastic around it to fix it. Be warned – if your on/off switch stops working, that is a likely fault.

So, installation and testing went on for about a month. I had not gotten even close to trying the gps, just making sure that I had all the right software first. The dbtv side of things now only received SBS (not that I intended to use it a lot). Come May and it started playing up again. I persevered with it until August when it shit itself again. This is what I sent to chinavasion;
    For the past 3 months there have been 2 intermittent faults which occur approximately 1 in every 5 times of turning on the unit.

1st fault; It would go through the all motions of turning the radio on, but there was no sound. The only way that I could get sound was to turn it off, then on again. Then it would be alright.

2nd fault; The preferred angle setting of the screen would not go back to the same place after turning off the vehicle’s ignition. When the ignition is turned off, the screen moves to the closed position, and when the ignition is turned on again, the screen tilts to a different position that it was last set at.

Yesterday I had started the car and the screen moved to the fully open position, as if ready to load a disc. There was no disc in the unit. The screen would not move by pressing the ‘Screen lower & raise or Eject’ buttons or by turning it off and on again. I disconnected the power supply for a period and reconnected, but that made no difference. The screen will not move with any of the controls.

There is obviously a major problem with this unit. Any attempt at repair is still going to be a problem later on. I am requesting that this unit be replaced with a new unit, not a repaired unit.

After sending it back again, they just said that it was a faulty item and they would credit me the amount that I paid originally. Not repay me that amount, plus the postage I had to pay ($135 total).

I don’t have any choice but to select another unit from them. I do like the controls on the different screen modes on this model, as opposed to the others. I would like the ‘king cobra CVFY-C41’ model if it had the same screen modes (as the road king) and a front usb connection.

I have requested if they can build a road king unit with these changes; WinCe6 operating system, WiFi net solution, 128mb memory & a rear cooling fan. I very much doubt that they do it, let alone even understand the request.

For those whom would like to try a software update, go to ‘download.chinavasion.com/’ and do a search for ‘CVGX-C39’ in the blank box in the top right corner, then you will have all applicable items, about 6 all up.

For those who have fiddled with a cooling fan, similar to what is used on some of the other model units, is the voltage supplied via the pcb going to be 5v? The above mentioned search area has a reference to the fan replacement steps on a CVFY-C41 model if you are interested.

Thanks

re the fan. I already used an Aerpro wiring harness adapter to mate the ISO standard plugs on the unit to the Nissan plugs in my Patrol, so I spliced a connection to the 12V line in the adapter. That way I did not need to void warranty by opening up the case, nor did I modify the Nissan wiring. I bought a 30mm 12V fan to suit but at this stage I still have a 40mm fan installed by one screw on the outside of the case. It was an old chipset cooler fan and was on hand. I will replace that 40mm fan with my new 30mm fan when I next remove the unit. I got that from the fanvan.com

I hope I get another few years from my unit. It has been to China once, but I doubt I would send it again.

Thanks

45trekker can you take some photos next time you have your unit out. My cheap chinese player stops working after a day or so and then take several days to work again. Im sure it is due to heat and i really dont want to have to send it back to china. This is my second unit in 2 years and im starting to think i should have learnt my lesson by not buying cheap stuff from china.

Thanks

Can somebody enlighten me how to change the video player programme on the wince OS. The default(Don't know what programme) can play .MP4 or .avi video but can't produce audio.
    I've read TCPMP is a free player available on net for wince. how can i install that?

Thanks

Default Whereis R18 map

Hi Alan

where did you get the whereis R18 map from may i ask?

Cheers
    Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by ach15 View Post
    I am running Igo8 with Whereis R18 map & have had no problems with blank, freezing or flashing screen. Drive an hour & half per trip each day & the roadking has worked perfectly all summer.
    Rgds Alan

Thanks

Default hardware

Hi everyone!

I thinking of putting some other computer inside the unit or to change the OS.

Mabay Android could run on the unit?

For that i would like to have more information of the used hardware.

Does anyone has more infomation about the hardware?
    Took someone any Photos of the open unit?

Thanks you very much

Thanks

My Road King is working great in Canada with iGO8. Many thanks Hollowman for the stuff you put up here. It did take a bit more work given that I don't live in OZ, so the directions I had to follow were slightly different than those listed on Austec.

One thing I had to do differently was to delete my Speedcam folder to get around the "out of memory" error that occurred when during "initializing warning" section of boot.

Also, I had to edit the settings and convert my GPS to Autodetect as the port and baud settings outlined in the start of this thread did not match up. However, I was able to change this from directly within the igo8 interface itself.

Thanks

Hi

My unit has now been replaced, and it is great. It runs iGO8 perfectly, no problems at all.

Best regards

Thanks

Hi Guys.
    Great Thread.
    I have purchased a similar radio and it has route 66 s/ware and I agree CRAP!!
    Does anyone know how to get my tomtom s/ware to work ?
    I have 2 tomtoms and I would prefer to use it than the rt66.
    I would be most greatful if someone could help me.
    When I purchased the unit the supplier said the tomtom will work, I just needed to copy the tomtom card to the sd card.
    Thaks in advance

REGARDS

Darren

Thanks

I have questions regarding "security code" in the original cd player of my car. What's the function of this security code? and how do you re-enter this code into these new double din units (or do you need to do this?)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steelpossum View Post
    I have questions regarding "security code" in the original cd player of my car. What's the function of this security code? and how do you re-enter this code into these new double din units (or do you need to do this?)
    The security code is there to disable the unit if the power is cut - meaning, if the unit is stolen and the security code is not entered correctly after a certain number of times the unit stops working assuming that it has been stolen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steelpossum View Post
    This code was for your original unit and is a theft deterrent, steal it and if no code, no workee, and it has no bearing on this new unit.

Thanks

Hi All,
    Please could someone explain that the TV AMP wire is for?

Best Regards
    Salveeno

Thanks

Default hi

great

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Salveeno View Post
    Hi All,
    Please could someone explain that the TV AMP wire is for?

Best Regards
    Salveeno
    you can get a tv antenna with an amplifer on it, this wire supplies the power for that

Thanks

wonder if anyone can help me out?

im gonna be installing this unit..

and i have reasonable experiance on car wiring but the diagram is bit confusing..

BRAKE..green wire that goes to handbrake wire? or i was told to earth it.

BACK..orange wire goes to were??

I also have the reversing camera that has a red and black wire, i assume black is the earth and red is to the positive of reverse lights? to only power when the reverse light light up??

Thanks

@buster!
    Green wire goes to earth for active video.
    BACK..orange wire goes to reversing camera (positive of reverse light)

Cheers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laogia View Post
    @buster!
    Green wire goes to earth for active video.
    BACK..orange wire goes to reversing camera (positive of reverse light)

Cheers.
    so orange to red wire of camera?

and then orange & red to posivtive of reverse light?????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    so orange to red wire of camera?

and then orange & red to posivtive of reverse light?????
    Yes, or you can extra toggle switch from there, and can use as manual or auto.

• Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast