Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: today tonight at it again

Thanks

Default today tonight at it again

the last time they did this it was TV techs they targeted, AND ONE COMMITED SUICIDE!!!!! they never learn

"The obvious misfire could only be caused by the loose plug, which Scott says should be corrected free of charge." this idiot works for FREE, everyone use him!
    When I explained to the guy what avatar I wanted, that wasn't what I meant!

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

From the report, it sounds like Ultratune haven't changed.

I took a car to them several years ago with a similar problem... a misfire.

Lots of $$ later and the problem was still there, despite being returned to them twice.

I then took the car to the manufacturer's dealership, which slugged me even more $$ to replace the engine management computer... but still the problem persisted.

I then located a private mechanic working from his home... he found the problem instantly... blocked fuel injector!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Fark me.... How many times do they bring up these repeat storeys

Weight Loss
    Noisy Neighbours
    Dodgy Mechanics
    Bad Tenants

I haven't watch TT and ACA for years... yet i see they still running the same cheap shots.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    From the report, it sounds like Ultratune haven't changed.

I took a car to them several years ago with a similar problem... a misfire.

Lots of $$ later and the problem was still there, despite being returned to them twice.

I then took the car to the manufacturer's dealership, which slugged me even more $$ to replace the engine management computer... but still the problem persisted.

I then located a private mechanic working from his home... he found the problem instantly... blocked fuel injector!
    What dickheads, i hate story's like this... even better is when they try and say you must have got some dirty fuel.
    WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!!!

And all you do is waste your time and money, because others can't do their job right... and worse still, aren't man enough to admit it.

I helped a local girl with her brand new Ford Focus... It used to run rough under load, like the roo hops when people can't drive.
    She took it to the dealer, they said dirty fuel, gave her a bill and sent it back.
    Same thing happened again weeks later....She takes it in a second time to the same dealer.. They say dirty fuel again.
    Which is funny, because she fills up at the same place the rest of us do and our vehicles run fine.

It happens a third time, i said i'll go in for you... In the end her Father took it in... They said, we can't find the problem, you'll have to leave it with us (well.... a change of story now... Mmmmmm)
    After using a borrowed car for 3 weeks, she has hers returned and told it was fixed but no explanation what it was.

After another 2 weeks, the same problem is back, we ring the dealer it had been to and they say that they can't fix it and it MUST go back to the Ford Dealer it was purchased from.
    What a load of crap.... Anyway... back it goes, 2.5 hours away to the dealer it was bought from.
    Comes backed fixed and has worked ever since....

Mmmmmm dirty fuel my ass!!!
    Last edited by ol' boy; 17-02-10 at 11:34 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

What a load of Shit....

They pull a injector lead and say its an easy fix.

Start pulling leads one at a time to find the cylinder.

Logic is pull the spark plugs out and have a look at it.

Test another in case the old one is cracked once you have it down to one cylinder.

Check the ignition lead for resistance, possibly test another.

Could it be the coil? (before turning to the injectors)

Then start examining the injectors. (One hour later)

Point is a simple fix can have you running in circles till you cross paths with it, it happens to all Pro's no matter hot/good they think they are.

And no, that problem can be caused by MANY more faults than just a injector disconnected.
    ECU
    Crank angle sensor
    Plugs
    Leads
    contaminated Fuel
    cap, points or Electronic dizzy.
    O2 sensor
    Map sensor
    Airflow meter

I could go on.....

The thing that most people who don't work on cars don't realize is that the injector plugs have a wire locking clip, its VERY rare to have one disconnect its self unless the last person to work on it lost the wire clip or damaged the plug.

As i said, its quite possible for a simple fix to get out of hand without any monkey business from the mechanics side.
    Last edited by Godzilla; 17-02-10 at 11:26 AM.

• The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

2rox (18-02-10),alphredo (17-02-10),best4less (17-02-10),kombiman (18-02-10),mandc (17-02-10),ol' boy (17-02-10),OSIRUS (17-02-10),oyama (18-02-10),weirdo (17-02-10)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Very good point Godzilla

"Process of Elimination"

Every good tradespersons and/or mechanic uses it in what ever field they work in.
    You always look at the most common areas first.
    I've had it in my work where sometimes it is the last thing you look at, and there is the problem, but you were NEVER going to look there first.

So if someone has "set up" a very uncommon fault, what the hell do they expect.
    Of course, they don't tell the viewing public that do they.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    What a load of Shit....

Test another in case the old one is cracked once you have it down to one cylinder.

Point is a simple fix can have you running in circles till you cross paths with it, it happens to all Pro's no matter hot/good they think they are.

And no, that problem can be caused by MANY more faults than just a injector disconnected.
    ECU
    Crank angle sensor
    Plugs
    Leads
    contaminated Fuel
    O2 sensor
    Map sensor
    Airflow meter

I could go on.....

The thing that most people who don't work on cars don't realize is that the injector plugs have a wire locking clip, its VERY rare to have one disconnect its self unless the last person to work on it lost the wire clip or damaged the plug.

As i said, its quite possible for a simple fix to get out of hand without any monkey business from the mechanics side.
    The best they could give to the customer is a horse at least it would still go with no troubles!..all you have to do is feed it..

Administrator
    Thanks

I agree that fault-finding can often take considerable time and you look for common causes first, however, these ripoff merchants should't be replacing parts and performing other work that is not required, requested or authorised by the customer.. and charging them for it.

In the case in question, all the customer should have been charged for is labour time.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CONAXLE View Post
    The best they could give to the customer is a horse at least it would still go with no troubles!..all you have to do is feed it..
    Almost.... I'd rather pay mechanic's rates than vet fees!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CONAXLE View Post
    You missed the ACA report the other night on Vet charges. LOL

Oceanboys spot on, its the process of elimination and sometimes after hours of searching you come down to one shitty little plug.

The mob performing the tune up may have checked the service book, found none, taken a quick look at a few parts that looked 50/50 and said its more logical to perform a complete tune and cover inspecting and replacing all parts that dont look right.

Sure they were wrong in the end but when working on so many cars day after day, most problems such as miss fires come down to a lack of servicing.

Premium Member
    Thanks

most problems such as miss fires come down to a lack of servicing.
    Ahhhh thats why the work van is sounding like a chaff cutter again

Thanks

Go, take your van in and tell them its sounding like a chaff cutter.

Ill bet the last thing they look at is a blocked injector (MTV) or a disconnected injector lead (TT).

Id even lean towards saying they may suggest a full tuneup and if the problem persists to start fault finding further.

Many people do not service their cars on time, some dont bother till there is an actual problem, in many cases on a mechanics first contact with a car he has no idea of its history and whether anything was nearing borderline in terms of condition and needing changing.

Only the last mechanic working on it knew the condition of its parts and if they were OK to survive till the next service.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

circuit (18-02-10)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Service... Huh, whats that???
    Nar mate, the key turns, it starts.... end of story.
    You put fuel in it when the fuel light has been on for a couple of days and you have sucked some grit into the elec pump and left it running dry.
    And when the oil light comes on... you put some oil in it, when you get around to it
    And that funny squealing noise when you turn the wheel... sounds like a disk rub or something... No idea, just keep going
    Last edited by ol' boy; 17-02-10 at 12:37 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (17-02-10)

Thanks

Thumbs up

What a load of Shit....

ECU
    Crank angle sensor
    Plugs
    Leads
    contaminated Fuel
    O2 sensor
    Map sensor
    Airflow meter

I could go on.....

spot on God spot on

Thanks

many yr's ago i had a fuel pump go on my xf ute being just shy of 8k's from home no phone only a rusty old flat head screw driver a pair of scissors what does one do???
    while drawing back on my ciggy thinking i gotta get home ... i grab my shitty old screw driver and scissors and did some bypass surgery on the carby bleed some fuel out of tank replaced the water in the window washer with fuel hooked her up and presto
    yeah sure she ran like shit but it got me home i say improvise in anyway u can......
    this will not work on EFI cars i already tryed it
    cheers
    trev

• The Following User Says Thank You to trev78 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (17-02-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 974 Posts

When I was doing my advanced drivers course in the navy, the instructors favourite trick was to draw a line, using a lead pencil, from the plug lead on the cap of the distributor to the body of the distributor. This used to cause a lot of wannnabes to rip their hair out trying to find the miss.

BTW how many members watch that drivel called TDT/ACA?
    Some people need to get their finger out of their arse so that the brain can get some oxygen"

Thanks

What a load of Shit....

if your the one that left the plug off, it would be very easy... but as you said, if your the poor sucker that trying to find the fault from cold, you do the fault finding procedure....

we get the same deal with electronics, "it's probably just a fuse and your going to rip me off" my usual responce is "F**KOFF and fix it yourself then"....If the fuse is blown then the unit has a real problem, and its going to take time to investigate why, fuses dont blow for no reason.

had one yesterday that wouldn't accept my diagnosis with the problem with his cordless phone, unreal stupid bugger then raised his voice and started to argue with me at the counter....WRONG WAY TO PLAY, I DONT RESPOND WELL TO STUPIDITY..

needless to say, there was nothing wrong with the unit, nothing was done to unit, and it given back with a big ok, and when he came to pick it up was told to call customer care. they get paid to care and put with crap
    When I explained to the guy what avatar I wanted, that wasn't what I meant!

• The Following User Says Thank You to iwacelect For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (17-02-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trev78 View Post
    many yr's ago i had a fuel pump go on my xf ute being just shy of 8k's from home no phone only a rusty old flat head screw driver a pair of scissors what does one do???
    while drawing back on my ciggy thinking i gotta get home ... i grab my shitty old screw driver and scissors and did some bypass surgery on the carby bleed some fuel out of tank replaced the water in the window washer with fuel hooked her up and presto
    yeah sure she ran like shit but it got me home i say improvise in anyway u can......
    this will not work on EFI cars i already tryed it
    cheers
    trev
    Just a tip for members here with EFI cars that just stop. (Most likely 99.9%)

If you think its the in tank fuel pump, open the petrol cap, get someone to turn on the ignition and listen carefully in the filler hole.
    If you cannot hear the pump run for 5-10 seconds take off your shoe and use it as a hammer to whack your fuel tank a few times till the pump starts again.

Thanks

If you cannot hear the pump run for 5-10 seconds take off your shoe and use it as a hammer to whack your fuel tank a few times till the pump starts again.
    And then go and get the damn thing fixed, as whacking it with a shoe won't work forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Fark me.... How many times do they bring up these repeat storeys

Weight Loss
    Noisy Neighbours
    Dodgy Mechanics
    Bad Tenants

I haven't watch TT and ACA for years... yet i see they still running the same cheap shots.
    Next time it will be dodgy builders. Neither of them have done us builders for a while.

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast