Thread: Licenced Security Technician

Thanks

Default Licenced Security Technician

Queensland Goverment could be charging anything up to $1000.00 for a persons installing/maintaning security alarm systems very soon

So without predujice here is my liitle input to another money scamm

It this seems to be just another money spinner for the government as apart from a security clearance check there is to this date no requirement to prove you have a cabling licence nor as they admit is there any trade requirements as there are none for security technicians in Qld.

Therfore and soon being a Qld goverment licenced security installer/service person does not in anyway guarentee that the licence holder is actually qualified to perform the duties they will soon pay more money for.

From what I have seen in NSW you must have worked in the industry for some time but again most licenece holders never completed a training course and are thus all basically self taught but are also required to pay a anual fee.

The only fair thing is to regulate the industry nationally so we pay one fee so that we can work in any state as all you poor techs in NSW are going to have to fork out more money is you want to do any work in Quesland which is great as we poor Queenslanders had to pay the NSW Goverment when we worked south of the border.

BUt one thing is certain (or is it) that the industry will soon be rid of persons with a criminal history. I don't think so as we are all thiefs just that some have a proven record whist others have never been caught out yet. Remember taken a pen from someone without being given permission is stealing and we are mostly all guilty but not proven.

Just a thought from a newby

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

It has always been about revenue, just wait until you have to apply for a master licence then it becomes black and white.

Master licences are priced according to number of employees.

However, you have to be a member of an approved industry organisation which base their membership pricing on your annual turnover.

And I have always returned pens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intelliGEORGE View Post
    It has always been about revenue, just wait until you have to apply for a master licence then it becomes black and white.

Master licences are priced according to number of employees.

However, you have to be a member of an approved industry organisation which base their membership pricing on your annual turnover.

And I have always returned pens
    Good to see a honest person in this industry but then here we have someone that has taught a old dog some new tricks with some very intersting posts and shows the experience and confidence we require with more techs in this industry. Thank you.