Thread: Signal problem

Thanks

Default Signal problem

Hi

I have a strong 4563x box scanned for DI and have been attempting to recieve the FTA channels. I can - i think- access the satellite but on the reciever the following is observed-level 90% but quality only 20%.
    I have tried to adjust the Lnb but to no avail. I cant get over the 20% quality.
    The system has rec'd channels before through a borrowed aurora card.
    anyone have any suggestions? All help welcomed.
    cheers
    Craig

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi Craig,
    Wellcome to the forum.
    If you were using the Aurora card before with your system and hasn't altered your dish position, you are still pointing at C1 satellite. In the case you need to slightly move it. If thats the case and you need further assistance in tuning your dish, give us your location as well.
    BTW the 20% quality you see is something there all the time (little Strong's trick). You can disconnect LNB cable from your decoder and still observe 20% quality .
    Anyway, this is just my guess as you didn't tell us much about your setup (LNB type, how the box is configured, what Transponder you are trying to watch, etc).

Thanks

fromaron advice is good ...

It sounds that you just don't have a signal - its dceptive to use the sat receiver as a signal locator as fromaron mentioned ...

Best thing for now and possibly future is to get a sat signal meter (about $20) and home-in on the C1 signal - by 'tuning your dish' (small movements to peak the signal) ...

Once you have peaked your signal from the LNB - fire-up the rceiver and you will most likely get a 'locked' signal ...

I have spend hours once using the receiver as my 'meter' all was fixed within minutes with a proper signal meter ... albeit I decided to get a decent meter >$100 so as not to go through this pain in the future

Thanks

Default Signal problem

Thank fromaron and eyesee.
    To answer the questions-the lnb is a ku-band model I-2107, input 11.7-12.75ghz,lo-10.7ghz. I have a satellite meter which i think i am using correctly.
    i have the strong 4563x box which was supposedly supplied with optus d1 scanned in.
    I dont have an aurora card as i borrowed one a few weekends ago.
    I also have austar and tried the card in the slot on the strong on what i thought was c1 with no read.
    I am in caloundra queensland.

I will try again this afternoon using your suggestions.
    thanks for the input.
    cheers
    Craig

Thanks

Having the blind scan decoder you don't need a card to determine which satellite your dish is aimed at.
    My wild guess is you are pointing at Optus C1 bird. Your decoder came with D1 pre-scanned, means you won't get any channels on your screen until frequencies in the decoder channels table for the satellite transponders will match the actual signals coming back from satellite.
    So if your dish is pointing at C1 and you are trying to use pre-scanned D1 settings you will get good signal and no quality.
    Before you get any card, you can blind scan signals you are currently receiving. If it's C1 you will get few FTA channels (check lyngsat site). This will give you good idea where to your dish is pointing.
    Before you do all this you have to go to your strong box configuration menu and make sure LNB frequencies entered there matching your LNB spec.

Thanks

if you have strength your quality should change to green when the lnb is correct
    what setting are you using for lnb