Thread: Memtest & Ram problems

Thanks

Default Memtest & Ram problems

Hi, I have an Asus P5KR Mainboard, Intel Core 2 Duo E2180 2ghz CPU, Asus 2400Pro PCI-E 256mb video card, 2x1GB Kingston DDR2 800 memory modules, WD120gb HDD (boot drive) on Pata with WD250GB on Sata 1.

I continually get the blue screen of death after several hours with various different faults each time, so I ran memtest86+ on each memory module separately and each in different socket (to test if faulty sockets) for about 4 hrs each with no issues, then I ran it again with both memory modules installed together and I get numerous errors.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem may be???
    thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

sounds like the memory is clashing ... try 2 other sticks together ..test with memtest see if get errors same as first 2
    Trust thyself only, and another shall not betray thee.

http://s18.postimage.org/h9xu3rrhx/fb_sevapers.jpg

Thanks

Check your handbook that you are using the "approved memory". For dual channel operation only use the yellow sockets (A1 B1) when you have 2 memory modules.

Thanks

Yeah, using approved memory according the the manual. Was in single channel mode, trying it again now in dual channel.

Dual Channel appears to be working fine, so I'll run my stability tests again to see what happens.

Just out of curiosity why would having the system using memory in single channel cause issues during memtest?

As always many thanks to the contributers of these forums. Much appreciated.

Thanks

Blue screen of death again... This is so frustrating. Ran memtest again after crash with memory in dual channel and get mere errors again.

Any more ideas? I'd rather not have to go and buy another couple of sticks of ram just to test with.

thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    Blue screen of death again... This is so frustrating. Ran memtest again after crash with memory in dual channel and get mere errors again.

Any more ideas? I'd rather not have to go and buy another couple of sticks of ram just to test with.

thanks
    Mikey , had this exact problem with my Sons computer except when we tried to reboot after the BSOD it always come up saying C:/windows/System32/config/system missing , only way to start again was to restore using XP disc and backup of system file.
    Did total re-install , problem come back after couple of hours again , so removed one stick of ram and ran for next couple of days so swapped with other stick and still continued to run without problem , put both in together and a few hours later BSOD , tried ungrading bios , using different slots , dual channel mode etc and always failed with 2 sticks of ram.

Bought 2 new sticks of ram and has never failed since
    Original Ram was 2x512mb 533mhz Samsung ,now using the same ram you have 2x1gb DDR2 800mhz Kingston , Sounds like you have some conflict with your ram so I would try a different brand.