Thread: O2 Atom Exec with GPS issue

Thanks

Unhappy O2 Atom Exec with GPS issue

Hello all. I have a question and being a first time forum user am not sure how to get the right details. I have used many a PDA ranging from the old Motorola A920 and A100, to a O2 Atom.

I now have an O2 Atom Exec with Tomtom GPS installed and am having a problem with com port settings. I used to have this working but was forced to do a hard reset on this device and now I cannot get the gps software to locate the gps unit. I have set up my connection correctly in bluetooth manager and it is there in devices, but when I try to start Tomtom it says no gps devices found.

I am guessing I have not got the correct com ports set up again (And cannot find the forum I found the details on in the first place again!!) Would anyone out there be able to assist in what I am doing wrong?? It worked first time when I found the settings last time.
    Almost forgot....the bluetooth reciever is a Globalstar BT-338....

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Not sure if you are the same as me but I had some fun stuffing around trying to work out what comm port my pda's gps is set to (A696). I tried all the different comms and finally found it by selecting one and then wait for 20 seconds or so if it doesnt work move to the next one.... Its not instant detect is what I mean.

Thanks

Is the unit running WM5 or have you upgraded it to WM6? (WM5 should be easy to set GPS. I have had a lot of trouble since upgrading to WM6 on my Atom Exec)

When you search for the GPS unit, make sure you select that it's a "Other NMEA GPS receiver" not a bluetooth one.

Thanks

Well I sorted it out eventually..... the only problem now is my phone has just fried the entire operating system...

Thanks

Head here for the operating system