Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freakee1 View Post
    yep Mr Inbetween

Prison Napalm - pretty nasty

Prison Napalm ???????

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

The Expanse s6 is now airing, up to e5 so far & I like it. Plenty of action.

Star Trek Discovery s4 is also airing, up to e7, looking good so far.

For those that liked the first 2 series of the Mandalorian, a spin off from that has started called The Book of Boba Fett, it is up to e2. Good so far once you get your head around the time slip memory scenes. The lead actor is quite good, I like his style.

**I think Uncle Fester was talking about a series from back about 20 years ago called Andromeda, have located all 5 series, might start watching that. Hope it's worth watching.

Also hoe recommended Mr Inbetween, just noticed it is on Binge channel, Foxtel, later this month so will have a look.
    Last edited by Tiny; 09-01-22 at 12:01 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Just started watching Foundation and I am "hooked", just after the first episode.
    The acting, the story and the visuals are superb.
    Even with The Expanse I needed a few episodes to really get going.

Tiny, lets say this is on the opposite end of the SciFi spectrum as Andromeda

I read some of Isaac Asimov's series as a kid so I don't remember so much of the original but this show definitely hits the nail on the head and wants me to revisit them, only these days I just don't have much time to read books.
    I wish I could just give up sleeping and replace it with reading ...or just stop time somehow.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 06-02-22 at 10:50 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (16-02-22),gulliver (17-04-22),lsemmens (07-02-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Just started watching Foundation and I am "hooked", just after the first episode.
    The acting, the story and the visuals are superb.
    Even with The Expanse I needed a few episodes to really get going.

Tiny, lets say this is on the opposite end of the SciFi spectrum as Andromeda

I read some of Isaac Asimov's series as a kid so I don't remember so much of the original but this show definitely hits the nail on the head and wants me to revisit them, only these days I just don't have much time to read books.
    I wish I could just give up sleeping and replace it with reading ...or just stop time somehow.
    Yes, I have to agree I enjoyed every minute of Season 1, can’t wait for Season 2.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following User Says Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (27-02-22)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Started watching the cleaning lady.

First couple of episodes showed promise, but its starting to get a bit woke.

I'm just waiting for the faggots to appear.....

usages.kangaroos.sound

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Snowpiercer season 3 ...never a dull moment.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Premium Member
    Thanks

Just watched star trek Picard s02e01.

As soon as 7of9 (jeri Ryan) showed up I had to have a little tug.

#### she's hot.....

usages.kangaroos.sound

Premium Member
    Thanks

i just watched a Korean show on sbs on demand titled Lies and More Lies it is one of best shows on tv i have seen a change from watching all the repeats

Premium Member
    Thanks

Started watching the ipcress file, shows some promise....

The token black was introduced in the first episode, the gays in the second....

usages.kangaroos.sound

Premium Member
    Thanks

Just watched the first episode of halo in 4k.

Looks promising.

I have no idea what relevance the series has to the game, as I'm not a gamer. But as a standalone series it seems ok so far.

usages.kangaroos.sound

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I used to have Jeri as the desktop on my computer which was set up in our bedroom (small house). One night as SWMBO and I were getting a little amorous computer decides to wake up. I put computer back to sleep and we get started again, computer wakes up again. It did that on a few occasions. We got a good laugh out of it "Jeri getting jealous!"

BOT just finished watching Stargate SG1 only 'cause son wanted a copy and I had to perform a recovery on the Drive it was on. About 7 episodes over all 10 seasons need to be "found: at sometime as they were unwatchable. Either corrupt or not there at all.
    Last edited by lsemmens; 26-03-22 at 09:07 AM.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks

The outlaws.....

The dirty rat in the final scene is interesting......

usages.kangaroos.sound
    Last edited by hoe; 02-04-22 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    just finished watching Stargate SG1
    No you haven't You've got Stargate Origins to watch now.

Time for a catchup. What have I been watching? I might have to work backwards on this...

Star Trek Picard. Mnrrrrrrrr Jeri Ryan Still hot even without lycra.
    Star Trek Discovery: To boldly gay where no gay has gayed before. Shit is getting weird. Though I liked tig as an Engineer, her dry humour is great. Bit of the shame they made her character gay. A no shit hetro female engineer that isn't a damaged in every other way would have been my new fav star trek character. (after 7 of course)

Star Wars, Mandalorian, Bob Fett, Oni Wan coming soon and Andor not far off.

Resident Alien - I cannot stop laughing. While I think about all the people I'm going to kill.
    Disenchantment I like, but it appears not many people do. Probably the last season. Dagmar is hort.
    F is for Family - also the last season for it. Cutie Pie. She's well drawn.
    Big Mouth - new levels of disturbing - I need more. Connie is awesome. Not forgetting the shame wizard !

Reacher - That was good. I had a tolerance for Tom Cruise... but now I'm looking forward to Tom dying doing one of his own stunts.
    Severance - A Dystopian workplace. This is weird enough to keep my attention for such a shallow story and simple premise.
    From - It has a high monster count. The most scary thing is not the monsters outside, it's that their might be an idiot inside with you. It's an interesting puzzle.

Ozark - another show with a high body count. Almost there - Ruthy is my favourite white trash
    Better call Saul - about to start up again. It's been too long. I need more.
    Pennyworth - Another very dark series. Bit of a shame it got stupid at the end of the last season.
    Carnival Row - lots of fairy sex happening
    Westworld - I like sweet Dolores. Bad arse Dolores ain't so hot.
    Stranger Things - new season about to start.
    Evil - I can't get enough of George the Demon - he's piss funny.
    The Boys - arse bomb - do I need to say more. It needs more messed up shit in the storyline.
    Preacher - that was messed up funny
    Happy! - wins my award for seriously disturbing messed up funny.
    Loki - looking forward to another more.
    Umbrella Academy - if you ignore the talking monkey - it's ok. I like Klaus - but ####ed up is funny to me.
    Ghosts - the BBC version - not the shit American version .. Are yanks that stupid they can't understand The English?
    The Great - Hazzah ! An occasionally true story.
    Hamilton's Pharmacopia - is it just me or is Hamilton always stoned.

I'm waiting to see if the Pentaverate is any good. I figure this will be Austin Powers and Get Smart kind of slapstick.
    also waiting for another season of the Orville.

Some other minor shows - Black Jesus was a bit of a laugh but I tired of it.
    I tried Turner & Hooch but meh.

Always looking for more things to watch.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following User Says Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (08-04-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,150 Times in 576 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    ~ Reacher - That was good. I had a tolerance for Tom Cruise... but now I'm looking forward to Tom dying doing one of his own stunts. ~
    LOL, the name "Tom Cruise" is an instant veto for me these days. The fact that they cast him as Jack Reacher just shits me to tears!

~ Umbrella Academy - if you ignore the talking monkey - it's ok. ~
    Never watched but... Does that have anything to do with the Resident Evil franchise? If so I might give it a go.

There is supposedly a new Star Trek iteration coming in May:

Aside from that I'm really hanging-out for Halo.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I'm well aware of the other Stargate series, just worked my way through Atlantis and am now on Universe (YUK!). Not engaging at all. I'm over Stargate, I think every story is a variation on the same theme. fighting bad guys who the rest of the universe can't cope with.....
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,150 Times in 576 Posts

Stargate Universe shot themselves in the foot, they completely lost touch with their target audience (the core group of SG fans).

So much potential, and a wasted opportunity to expand the SG universe (no pun intended).

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

also waiting for another season of the Orville.
    Orville scheduled for 2/6/22
    Star Trek; Strange New Worlds is scheduled for 5/5/22

Looking forward to both.

BTW: Really enjoyed Mr Inbetween, also had a look back at the pilot short movie & extension of that. Quite interesting. This guy is very talented, hope to see him expand on that talent. Surely that isn't all he has in the kit.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

enf (18-04-22),Uncle Fester (13-04-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella237 View Post
    Stargate Universe
    Lets not speak of it ever again.

Stargate SG1 I like. Love it. It's funny and just simple sci-fi entertainment.
    Stargate Atlantis I tolerated, it was ok but annoying at times.

Stargate Origins was a surprise series. Episodes are about 10 minutes each. It's an interesting format and the episodes seat nicely as a prequel.

I'm not sure about the new Star Trek series yet. I'll wait till I see it before I start cracking jokes about it.
    Good shit on the Orville. More funny messed up shit. Bortis cracks me up.

I liked the Dark Crystal series, but it's not getting another season. Shit me.
    Doom Patrol is another I started watching but it wasn't really going anywhere for me.

LOL, the name "Tom Cruise" is an instant veto for me these days. The fact that they cast him as Jack Reacher just shits me to tears!
    Yes, I've heard that. I really had no idea. It wasn't until a Reacher fan was excited by my description of the TV series.
    I was a bit amused. But he summed up how badly Reacher fans hate Tom Cruise.
    I'm coming from the other direction. I have a special hatred for Scientology and Tom is their golden child. Or golden goose.
    So I've been buying my time waiting for Tom to implode and David Miscavige to suck the juice out of him and discard the empty shell of his life.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Doom Patrol is another I started watching but it wasn't really going anywhere for me.
    I tried for a couple of series, waiting for it to get better, but it didn't. I finally gave up. I doubt it was going anywhere at all.
    Cheers, Tiny

Thanks

+1 Bortis from The Orville, hilarious. Excellent in the episode where he and his partner get addicted to cigarettes, even though the main story line of that episode was not quite my cup of tea.

Problem with that show is the Captain and his Second sometimes try too hard. For a parody these two actors need more spontaneous wit.

I also agree with Trash that Resident alien is fun to watch, seems to be stuck at episode 8. I thought it would be 10, terrible cliff hanger.

• Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast