Thread: Aurora 1.2 Card

Thanks

Default Aurora 1.2 Card

Hi all, I have just put my original Aurora Card in the box after misplacing it 2 - 3 years ago and It actually fired up and is working minus GWN & WIN. A few questions does anyone still log the chids for these?
    Secondly I had the details on another card, (purple) which works fine in a Hyundai HSS 1010 receiver however it will not work in a Strong SRT4652. Could this be a firmware problem?
    I thought all of these old version 1.2 cards were killed off, due to the new Aurora cards.
    I look forward to replies
    Cheers

Look Here ->
    Premium Member 2011 AFL tipping champion
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MartyinOz View Post
    Hi all, I have just put my original Aurora Card in the box after misplacing it 2 - 3 years ago and It actually fired up and is working minus GWN & WIN. A few questions does anyone still log the chids for these?
    Secondly I had the details on another card, (purple) which works fine in a Hyundai HSS 1010 receiver however it will not work in a Strong SRT4652. Could this be a firmware problem?
    I thought all of these old version 1.2 cards were killed off, due to the new Aurora cards.
    Cheers
    Nope...they all still work and may well last until 2013, or at least until the new nationwide satellite FTA service for country viewers comes online.

I don't have a 4652 but my goldies work in practically any box, be it a Strong, Hummy or whatever, so you might want to swap firmware, if you can still find it.
    Last edited by evilbrian; 11-03-10 at 01:22 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to evilbrian For This Useful Post:

MartyinOz (11-03-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink Australasian software for Strong.

G'Day Cobbers,
    I have contacted Strong Australia, and have been assured that they will handle any such requests. Hopefully this also applies to obsolete models that are no longer listed on the main Strong site.
    Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Quote Originally Posted by Strong
    Yes this is correct. Software for the Middle East and Africa markets differs to the Australasian versions and hence why we only now have Australasian versions on our dedicated site.

As previously mentioned should anyone require software for models not on the site, they are more than welcome to contact us.

Best regards,
    Jim Kaneleas
    Product Manager

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beer4life For This Useful Post:

bambbbam (11-03-10),MartyinOz (11-03-10),weirdo (12-03-10)

Thanks

Cheers
    easy way I found to get chids can be with wallbanger , once setup with the details from your card (PMK , HMK , PRid , HSN) the log window will show what they are as you flick through the channels (2 bytes) you can then make a note of them to add to your card. Otherwise you could use your purple card and a card reader with wallbanger, at least you'll know the pk's are up to date amd not get problems.

You can use FMcard to generate the sig's with the chid to send to your card, again , you will need the current PMK, HMK from the card you want to update so it will except the new details.
    This was one of the popular ways to get more channels on a original smart card

• The Following User Says Thank You to theriddler_1 For This Useful Post:

MartyinOz (11-03-10)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theriddler_1 View Post
    .....You can use FMcard to generate the sig's with the chid to send to your card, again , you will need the current PMK, HMK from the card you want to update so it will except the new details....
    Nope ignore this, you don't need to calc the sig on a Genuine 1.2, FMCard will do it for you with the S1 macro, no HMK needed, no PMK needed, just run the attached .crd file and see how you go, 19 Id's in the file, you only need a couple, but a 1.2 will take 20 Id's anyway.

Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

MartyinOz (11-03-10),oscillator_1 (24-03-10),OSIRUS (11-03-10)

Thanks

ahh , i missed the bit where he said 1.2 :P

Thanks

Default Thanks all & Can someone send me FMCard

thanks guys all great comments, now where do i find FM card I thought i had in archived in my sat folder but its gone.If anyone can help
    thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Talking Fmcard.

thanks guys all great comments, now where do i find FM card I thought i had in archived in my sat folder but its gone.If anyone can help
    thanks
    Your request is my command.

Thanks

I dont know if its a software problem or not, but if it is you can get the latest Australian firmware from the strong site now.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Cheers
    Last edited by Min; 25-03-10 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Re-named the link.