Thread: windows MCE

Thanks

Default windows MCE

hi,
    has anyone had a winfast tv2000xp rm edition tv card working with MCE? ive read up and it seems that any card you use with MCE needs a hardware mpeg2 encoder? is there any software i can use to emulate this?

any help appriciated

cheers

Gav

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gavpk View Post
    hi,
    has anyone had a winfast tv2000xp rm edition tv card working with MCE? ive read up and it seems that any card you use with MCE needs a hardware mpeg2 encoder? is there any software i can use to emulate this?

any help appriciated

cheers

Gav
    You don't need the hardware MPEG but it does reduce system loads if you got it. All you really need to do is get codecs MCE can use installed, a common one is installed with Cyberlink's Power DVD, Winfast has one, nVidia's purevideo can be used and so forth. On the microsoft site is a utility called MCE deccheck that can help sort out which codecs on any given system is in use.
    Mine uses the codecs that come with powerdvd 6, as I've found them the most consistant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redwight View Post
    You don't need the hardware MPEG but it does reduce system loads if you got it. All you really need to do is get codecs MCE can use installed, a common one is installed with Cyberlink's Power DVD, Winfast has one, nVidia's purevideo can be used and so forth. On the microsoft site is a utility called MCE deccheck that can help sort out which codecs on any given system is in use.
    Mine uses the codecs that come with powerdvd 6, as I've found them the most consistant.
    yeah i read that it can be done , but puts a heap of load on the cpu, i installed power dvd ultra 7.3, windvd pro, a shitload of codec packs and every windows mce patch update there is, and still in media center under settings/tv it says "tuner card not found" i only want to watch tv (dont want to record or anything) i had the card there spare and used it so i had remote control.
    correct me, but i need an encoder (hardware or software) not a decoder? i was thinking about myth tv, but that went straight in the "too hard pile" (for now anyway)

PS, the card works fine just in windows with winfast pvr

thanks

Thanks

i downloaded deccheck.exe and it says the power dvd one is cool for mce, tv card still dont work though?

Thanks

The best place to do some research on that would be the xpmediacenter.com forum. They've been through most of these dramas before, and help on that specific tuner should be a little more knowledgable than me on that problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redwight View Post
    The best place to do some research on that would be the xpmediacenter.com forum. They've been through most of these dramas before, and help on that specific tuner should be a little more knowledgable than me on that problem.
    cheers mate, appriciated

Thanks

hey, thanks heaps, got a mce plugin, and its picked up my tv card tuning it in now, anyway great help