Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I identify a Satellite TV card

Thanks

Default How do I identify a Satellite TV card

Can anyone help me, I am not a technical genious.
    What I wanted to know is to solve a debate some of my friends were having in regards to "Free to air satellite cards used by caravaners on the irdeto / optus network" their is disagreement on what the cards actually are, some say they described as silver, goldcard, eeprom, iso 7816-1, msoc, slimcard, wafer, and lots more, PLEASE HELP. Then others say that they all work but have different capacities (what does this mean, my friends are about as technically knowledgable as I am, and just guessing, I think), I have seen the ones with "iredto optus" on them, and also a different type with some picture on them, Is there a good site which explains all of this easily to a non-techo.

Regards
    Richard

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Ill try to explain...

-Irdeo is the encryption or scrambling used by the Optus Aurora service.
    -Optus/irdeto cards are genuine cards in their unmodified state which then can be changed to add extra channels making the card a MOSC (modified original smart card)
    -Silvers/Golds are wafer cards that you can buy from jaycar or other stores in a blank state. You then can load on card details that you have extracted from your real card and load them onto the wafers. Providing this is done correctly, the card will function the same as the original but will open all channels on the Aurora platform.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Optus Aurora is running 2 systems Irdeto and Irdeto2, Irdeto is to be turned off soon
    Irdeto has been hacked/cracked long ago, so the details can be put on many cards Gold, Silver, Emerald, Fun, ect, they all have a Pic and Eeprom chip, just different capacity size, the bigger the chip the more it holds, so more than one set of details or more complex code can be on it, or other encrytions
    The term Mosc is for Original Cards, they can me modified

Thanks

Thanks for the quick help, I gather from what you guys have said that the optus card is the original, and the cards - silver, gold, emerald, fun, are blank cards, all of which could be cloned to do the same job.

JAZ808 - when will the irdeto service be turned off?

Will the irdeto card then have to be replaced with the irdeto2, of which you speak, will this mean that all of the caravaners and remote area people need the new cards, there must be thousands of them?

Separate from my card questions, technology always amazes me, as when they seem to come up with a new idea to stop hackers and viruses, there always seems to be someone out in techo land who treats it as a challenge, and overcomes all the security, the world must have thousands of such people.

Regards
    Richard

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Thomas View Post
    Thanks for the quick help, I gather from what you guys have said that the optus card is the original, and the cards - silver, gold, emerald, fun, are blank cards, all of which could be cloned to do the same job.
    Basically yes. From an Original Irdeto card you can extract the Hex Serial Number , Provider ID , Hex Master Key and Plain Master Key. These are used to create a new card.

JAZ808 - when will the irdeto service be turned off?
    I dont think anyone knows this , many dates have been stated and have been and gone and it is still running.

Will the irdeto card then have to be replaced with the irdeto2, of which you speak, will this mean that all of the caravaners and remote area people need the new cards, there must be thousands of them?
    Irdeto 1 Aurora Cards havent been sold for a number of years now and the Optus Aurora tuning channel which is free to air has had information about all this for a couple of years. I am not sure what cut off date they are advertising now. Anyone with an Irdeto 1 card will need to get an Irdeto 2 card.

Thanks

Red face Thanks to all

Thanks to all who have helped resolve our debate, this is a great forum!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Thomas For This Useful Post:

Onefella (10-03-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    Basically yes. From an Original Irdeto card you can extract the Hex Serial Number , Provider ID , Hex Master Key and Plain Master Key. These are used to create a new card.

I dont think anyone knows this , many dates have been stated and have been and gone and it is still running.

Irdeto 1 Aurora Cards havent been sold for a number of years now and the Optus Aurora tuning channel which is free to air has had information about all this for a couple of years. I am not sure what cut off date they are advertising now. Anyone with an Irdeto 1 card will need to get an Irdeto 2 card.
    Which app can see the Hex Master and Plain Master keys?
    Last edited by dishboy; 29-01-11 at 01:57 AM. Reason: typo
    Just chasing my tail and getting nowhere.
    In my last life, I must of been a dog.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

With Irdeto 1 original cards,

you could use FMCard to Find (Dump) the HMK, then Calculate the PMK,

with Ghost Encoded, Gold or Silver cards,

you could use LMEdit or GGEdit to show the HMK & the PMK

Irdeto 2 is more complcated,
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 29-01-11 at 04:15 PM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

• The Following User Says Thank You to OSIRUS For This Useful Post:

dishboy (29-01-11)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Optus Aurora is slated for switchoff after completion of the Australian analogue terrestrial TV switchoff of 31 December 2013.

The actual date of the Aurora switchoff has not been announced, but it's expected to be soon after the terrestrial switchoff completion.

Optus Aurora is being replaced by VAST.

As mentioned, there are a few varieties of 'genuine' Optus Aurora cards in use and many more 'unauthorised' cards.

The genuine cards will have the card serial number printed on the back and a return address to return the card if lost/found.

There is a lopp running on the Aurora tuning channel which shows the genuine cards and examples of 'non-genuine' cards.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OSIRUS View Post
    With Irdeto 1 original cards cards,

you could use FMCard to Find (Dump) the HMK, then Calculate the PMK,

with Ghost Encoded, Gold or Silver cards,

you could use LMEdit or GGEdit to show the HMK & the PMK

Irdeto 2 is more complcated,
    I like complicated!
    Just chasing my tail and getting nowhere.
    In my last life, I must of been a dog.

Thanks

Hi, am new at this, do not know if I could manage to get cards to work with the program am interested in as look very complicated but my main question is - - is it possible for the program/satellite provider to see/trace a card that has been self made?, are any encription harder then others to copy?. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy39 View Post
    Hi, am new at this, do not know if I could manage to get cards to work with the program am interested in as look very complicated but my main question is - - is it possible for the program/satellite provider to see/trace a card that has been self made?, are any encription harder then others to copy?. Thanks
    No. The only cards you could copy are the old Irdeto 1 Aurora cards and they're now on the home stretch with vast now here.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy39 View Post
    Not really Eddy, satellite tv is a one way connection (receive only) so a provider would never know.
    And yes some encryptions are harder than others if not impossible to copy

Thanks

Thanks weirdo, I will have a try

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz808 View Post
    Optus Aurora is running 2 systems Irdeto and Irdeto2, Irdeto is to be turned off soon
    Irdeto has been hacked/cracked long ago, so the details can be put on many cards Gold, Silver, Emerald, Fun, ect, they all have a Pic and Eeprom chip, just different capacity size, the bigger the chip the more it holds, so more than one set of details or more complex code can be on it, or other encrytions
    The term Mosc is for Original Cards, they can me modified

Austech Members have been saying this for 3-4 years. they may, they may not. it will cost them a lot in cards and they cant expect people to pay $80-$100 for a new one. what does it matter if a few are using Goldies etc. I dont think they care that much, not that many people are doing it really campaired to Austar and aurora arn't losing any money, most people that need aurora purchased cards years ago or not many would know anyone to make a gold card anyway lots of people after the austar I1 shutdown got rid of there programmers and stopped doing it. the people that have gold aurora cards are people that wouldn't get it anyway and they are not losing any money by people doing this. there is no reason for them to replace all I1 cards, besides VAST will take over long before they replace all there I1 cards. unfortunatly I dont think you can just buy a VAST card I contacted a guy selling Kits with VAST cards/Boxes and dish kits and he had dozens forsale and all the cards where already activated but locked to the boxes or vice versa like austar. I belive austar married there cards to the boxes to stop theft as people used to either get stolen boxes or get one from a mate that got it disconnected and put an extra card in there bedroom etc and take the card from one room to another so this way with married card to boxes the stolen or kept boxes are useless. they must have lost a lot a boxes I knew a few people with ABS 8776 boxes with goldies they failed to return. cloned there cards onto a goldie and got there service cut off. I had a cut off card that was still updating for over 3 years actually it was still working up until 2-3 days before they shut all the I1 cards down. it took about a week for some reason a seller mate had about 20 sets of keys and each day he lost about 3 cards I got him to program my card (Free) with the last set of keys he had and it lasted 6 hours.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    3 x 90CM Hills Offset, 1.2M Aluminium Offset, 1.2M Offset,
    1.7M Offset.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DJmatt View Post
    unfortunatly I dont think you can just buy a VAST card I contacted a guy selling Kits with VAST cards/Boxes and dish kits and he had dozens forsale and all the cards where already activated but locked to the boxes or vice versa like austar.
    Wrong.... there are NO VAST cards that are already activated. (unless a person has registered/activated them in their name/address).

The purchaser has to register the box and card and request activation.

ALL VAST pairing of cards/boxes are locked to each other.

You CANNOT buy just a VAST smartcard, you must purchase the 'married' decoder and smartcard together.

How many times do you need to be told this?

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (23-04-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJmatt View Post
    Austech Members have been saying this for 3-4 years. they may, they may not. it will cost them a lot in cards and they cant expect people to pay $80-$100 for a new one. what does it matter if a few are using Goldies etc. I dont think they care that much, not that many people are doing it really campaired to Austar and aurora arn't losing any money, most people that need aurora purchased cards years ago or not many would know anyone to make a gold card anyway lots of people after the austar I1 shutdown got rid of there programmers and stopped doing it. the people that have gold aurora cards are people that wouldn't get it anyway and they are not losing any money by people doing this. there is no reason for them to replace all I1 cards, besides VAST will take over long before they replace all there I1 cards. unfortunatly I dont think you can just buy a VAST card I contacted a guy selling Kits with VAST cards/Boxes and dish kits and he had dozens forsale and all the cards where already activated but locked to the boxes or vice versa like austar. I belive austar married there cards to the boxes to stop theft as people used to either get stolen boxes or get one from a mate that got it disconnected and put an extra card in there bedroom etc and take the card from one room to another so this way with married card to boxes the stolen or kept boxes are useless. they must have lost a lot a boxes I knew a few people with ABS 8776 boxes with goldies they failed to return. cloned there cards onto a goldie and got there service cut off. I had a cut off card that was still updating for over 3 years actually it was still working up until 2-3 days before they shut all the I1 cards down. it took about a week for some reason a seller mate had about 20 sets of keys and each day he lost about 3 cards I got him to program my card (Free) with the last set of keys he had and it lasted 6 hours.
    MMMMMMMM..............24.96

Thanks

Default Irdeto and Irdeto2

hi leroy tell me this reciever maybe ok but i just bought a cam for irdeto but i am not sure if is irdeto or irdeto2 com so i am not sure so how you can tell if is the right one? becouse the one i bought shows scranble so pls what is your opinion?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Thomas View Post
    What I wanted to know is to solve a debate some of my friends were having in regards to "Free to air satellite cards used by caravaners on the irdeto / optus network" their is disagreement on what the cards actually are, some say they described as silver, goldcard, eeprom, iso 7816-1, msoc, slimcard, wafer, and lots more, PLEASE HELP.
    If you are having a debate regarding "Free to air satellite cards" then you all lose the debate.
    If the service in question is Free to air then no card is necessary at all , Any service that needs a card is a paid subscription service so is not Free. , this includes Aurora.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    If you are having a debate regarding "Free to air satellite cards" then you all lose the debate.
    If the service in question is Free to air then no card is necessary at all , Any service that needs a card is a paid subscription service so is not Free. , this includes Aurora.
    No need to resurrect a debate that's been had a hundred times before. You and everyone here knows what a 'free-to-air card' is...

| www.SatTVGuide.com.au |

Volunteer, non-profit online TV guides for VAST viewers.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast