Thread: Telstra ADSL2 25 gig for $49.95

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Telstra ADSL2 25 gig for $49.95

I personally wont sign up for it due to the 2 year contract ( though it would be interesting to see how much it is to break the contract ) but if you have all other services with them it might be worth a look.

BigPond Elite Liberty 25GB ADSL Broadband Offer for $49.95 per month on a 24 month plan – ENDS 31 May 2010

If you're eligible, you could receive up to $30 off the standard monthly BigPond Elite Liberty 25GB access fee.

To be eligible for the BigPond Elite Liberty 25GB plan for $49.95* you must have^:

* a Telstra Full Service Home Phone (or sign up for one within 30 days of you activating your broadband service); and
    * a BigPond Elite ADSL service on a 24 month plan; and
    * Your home phone and ADSL service must be on a Single Bill.

If you move to another BigPond® Broadband plan after 31 May 2010, you will be unable to move back to this offer.

* Min cost over 24 months HomeLine® Plus with Self-Install ADSL Home Network Gateway Modem on BigPond Elite Liberty 25GB Broadband is $2016.60 plus $9.95 delivery fee.

Cable/ADSL not available in all areas.

^ Eligible services only count towards one offer. Incompatible with Telstra Reward Options and most other offers. Cancelling your home phone or Single Bill will result in the standard monthly access fee for your service.

Please check all plan details before signing up if considering the offer. It locks you in for 2 years and you cannot leave with your home phone or mobile.

If anyone knows the contract breaking fee , please post it.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Still Expensive, Still Telstra,

But if telstra is your only option guess it seems okay - at least they are trying to be more competitive.

Administrator
    Thanks

To a lot of us its the only ADSL2 available. But I wouldnt say its expensive...well it is if you compare it to companies that have their own ADSL2 infrastructure and offer plans but as far as TW ADSL2 goes it's very cheap.

*Apparently Telstra Homeline Budget is a full phone service so you can still use it if you have it and continue to use a Voip provider.

* I read this on Whirlpool so you would need to confirm it as they have Homeline Plus in the minimum costs.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

They are the only mob to offer ADSL2 here in town. We're too small for anyone else to come in and install their own gear So it may be dear to comapared with the ADSL2 plans offered by competitors in the city but I already pay $45/mth for 7Gb with Aanet.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Administrator
    Thanks

What speed is that for Leroy ? 8000 ?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    What speed is that for Leroy ? 8000 ?
    no that's only 1.5mb. AAnet keep putting the price up. There's been a few price rises and plan changes in the last couple of years and I like high speed but small downloads as I don't download much but they only cater for the higher download limits.
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

To a lot of us its the only ADSL2 available.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    They are the only mob to offer ADSL2 here in town.
    Other ISP's use Telstra's ADSL2 infrastructure to supply their customers.

ie, My ADSL2 is with Internode but using Telstra DSLAM's.

So no reason to stay/switch to Telstra. Best to check with your ISP.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    no that's only 1.5mb. AAnet keep putting the price up. There's been a few price rises and plan changes in the last couple of years and I like high speed but small downloads as I don't download much but they only cater for the higher download limits.
    I could nearly swap quotas with you. I am on Internode's Easybroadband 1500/256 50 gig $49.95. I probably use 10 gig a month on average but its nice to not have to worry. Maybe worth a churn ?

Quote Originally Posted by vk6xlr
    Other ISP's use Telstra's ADSL2 infrastructure to supply their customers.

ie, My ADSL2 is with Internode but using Telstra DSLAM's.

So no reason to stay/switch to Telstra. Best to check with your ISP.
    Leroy's ISP use their own ADSL2 infrastructure and Internode like most others reselling Telstra ADSL2 are not good value. In all honesty I cant say I have seen a Telstra ADSL2 reseller with reasonable prices. But it all depends what your budget is I suppose, I wouldnt pay $80 to Internode for what Telstra is offering for $50. I cannot get ADSL2 with Internode , I have applied before and been rejected because I am on a rim. Telstra on the other hand say there will be no problem. Telstra also seem to prioristise their own customers in regard to limited bandwidth on rims ( not that they will admit it of course ).

Thanks

Leroy's ISP use their own ADSL2 infrastructure and Internode like most others reselling Telstra ADSL2 are not good value. In all honesty I cant say I have seen a Telstra ADSL2 reseller with reasonable prices. But it all depends what our budget is I suppose. I cannot get ADSL2 with Internode , I have applied before and been rejected because I am on a rim. Telstra on the other hand sa there will be no problem. Telstra also seem to prioristise their own customers in regard to limited bandwidth on rims ( not that the will admit it of course )
    That's so true of Telstra. Make the rules to suit themselves and BigPong.
    I was under the impression that only ADSL is available via RIM's, not ADSL2.

I'm happy with what I have through Internode but I'd really like to be where they have their own DSLAM's. Alas, that's not going to happen in a hurry

Administrator
    Thanks

I'm not 100% sure. I get door to door salesman trying to sell me Telstra ADSL2 all the time through Telstra and have argued a few points with them but they all say the same...we sell it here and people get it here. Every other reseller's website says not available when I put my number in. The only way I got to apply with Internode is because I was on their 8000 plan and tried an upgrade via the members area. It came back a few days later as rejected.

At my last house which I was at for around 18 years , when ADSL first came out there I tried to get it with 3 different companies. All rejected. Tried with Telstra even though it said 2 year contract which I didnt want. Application accepted and connected by Telstra. I then made a complaint to them about it and they let me churn out free of charge because I threatened to go to the TIO.

Shifty buggers arent they

Thanks

I'm not 100% sure. I get door to door salesman trying to sell me Telstra ADSL2 all the time through Telstra and have argued a few points with them but they all say the same...we sell it here and people get it here. Every other reseller's website says not available when I put my number in. The only way I got to apply with Internode is because I was on their 8000 plan and tried an upgrade via the members area. It came back a few days later as rejected.

At my last house which I was at for around 18 years , when ADSL first came out there I tried to get it with 3 different companies. All rejected. Tried with Telstra even though it said 2 year contract which I didnt want. Application accepted and connected by Telstra. I then made a complaint to them about it and they let me churn out free of charge because I threatened to go to the TIO.

Shifty buggers arent they
    Just remember telstra count your uploads as part off your 25GB downloads

10Gb up only 15Gb down then what is there cost per GB over i have heard $150 per GB

Administrator
    Thanks

As far as I know they count up/down ( as does my current ISP ). There has been no mention of peak and off peak , you can use it when you want it.

Thanks

Bigpond is joke ... they count uploads ... there inet always seems to lag ... there tech support is useless ... 99% of time when customers rings me its bigpond connection with issues ... there techs always say ya have to get computer technician in to fix it ..
    Trust thyself only, and another shall not betray thee.

http://s18.postimage.org/h9xu3rrhx/fb_sevapers.jpg