Looks like I have been given the classic bait and switch.

Diamond Energy-

REF: Diamond Energy Solar Installation

Congratulations on receiving pre-approval for the $8000 rebate under the Solar Homes and Community Program. We are now entering the final and most exciting stage of the process – Installation.

At this point the key focus is to get your solar system installed prior to the Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts (DEWHA) deadline. Unfortunately, despite Diamond Energy’s best efforts, our suppliers of First Solar panels, inverters and system installation are now not in position to provide the hardware and services promised.

Diamond Energy have sourced an alternative system that meets all DEWHA requirements and is at a minimum, similar to the original Diamond Energy offer. This system is as follows:

Alternate System Details

- 6 x 175W Eko Energy monocrystalline solar panels

(1.05kW total with 25 year power performance warranty)

- 1 x Approved Eko Energy Inverter (1 kW or larger)

- Approved racking & standard wiring

- 1x Bi-directional meter

- Installation by CEC Accredited Installer

This system is still “at no cost to you” and is expected to provide comparable savings in your electricity bill. Diamond Energy is excited to work with you to install solar on your roof.

We are pleased to advise that our accredited installer EKO ENERGY has been allocated and will be contacting you shortly to arrange a specific date for installation.

If you do not wish to accept the system listed above, you may cancel your contract with Diamond Energy and we will release you from your contract at no charge. We sincerely hope you will not find this necessary.

Should you have any queries about the system or your installation, please contact EKO ENERGY.

Their contact details are:

Phone 1300 356 353

Fax: 03 9583 9440

Mail:
EKO ENERGY Solar Department
P.O. Box 4222
Black Rock North VIC 3193

Web:

Email:
admin@rezeko.com

Best Regards,

My whole strategy with going for the Diamond energy system was the thin film panels on a West facing roof. Any suggestions/recommendations of a reputable installer with quality equipment so I can expedite an installation before our rebate grant expires.mad: