Thread: wii coverflow

Thanks

Default wii coverflow

just wondering is any one using this loader for the wii and just having problems adding the cover art how do u do it?

cheers

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I didn't even know that there was a wii coverflow I installed wiiflow the other day and adding covers is as simple as clicking on the download button if you have your wii connected to the net of course.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Hi,
    Sorry, I'm only new here, and picking up on info.

I see reference to wiiflow, and it looks good.

My games are on usb drive, however it only shows a blank panel, and it's game name as I scroll the contents of the drive. This application seems to give a quick visual of the cover, and is appealing.

Can you only do this if your wii is connected to the net to download the cover art?

I didn't particularly want to go on the net with it, so I don't mess up my soft mod etc.

Is there any other way to do it, or am I best living with what I have.

I have found this...

Sorry, as I say, I only have my L plates on a wii !!
    Last edited by viewer; 27-06-11 at 08:48 PM. Reason: last bit

Thanks

wiiflow has 2 places you can download covers. You can manually download covers for each game that shows up (initially with a "?") by clicking on the settings icon and scrolling to the appropriate page you can download the cover. Alternatively you can click on my main settings icon and again scroll to the appropriate page and download covers for all games or even just missing covers if you already have some. Great program to use. Of course for all of this to work you need to have your wii connected to your internet for me i use the wireless network in my house. These settings are done in the normal settings menu not in wiiflow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to nihonjin For This Useful Post:

viewer (28-06-11)

Thanks

I use the USB Loader GX you can download the cover for the games the same as on wiiflow

• The Following User Says Thank You to DND For This Useful Post:

viewer (28-06-11)

Banned
    Thanks

I think I understand you both, but it still requires the wii on the net to do it....I believe. I was looking at a way of not connecting the wii. My further problem is, if a pc connection workaround was available, then the files on the usb drive are WBFS, and as such my pc would not read the drive to do it. Hmmm...I think I've made things a little difficult for myself...

Thanks

Yes I have a wireless connection for the internet for the wii, but you can use WiiBackup Manager to download covers for the games. there's probably something newer and better out now to do this.

I setup my USB HDD a could years back so I'm very rust on it,
    I put 2 partitions on the HDD 1 is a FAT32 format and the other is WBFS

The fat32 drive is only 2GB it stores the apps (USB loader GX) and you can set it to store all the covers for your games, when its like this you can add covers yourself if you like or use WiiBackup Manager to download them on to it.

The WBFS drive is what ever size is left on the HDD and its only to store games on,

viewer (28-06-11)

Banned
    Thanks

I guess I really have no choice but to connect to the net to achieve this, so I will attack that soon. I have found some more information that allowed me to download a version of wiiflow light, and instructions how to load that to my sd card, as my files are all WBFS, and no partition on the drive, and run wiiflow via the homebrew channel.

Lastly, if I just whack a usb type wireless dongle I use to wifi to my other pc, and throw that into the wii, I figure I should be able to wirelessy connect to the wii in that format, going thru the usual options within the wii screens to connect to the net....is that right? Can't see I need to buy a wii to lan adapter when I already have something similar I use between rooms now.My plan was to simply connect, soon as I see the option to update, say NO, use wiiflow to grab the covers, and disconnect asap...does that sound a reasonable plan?....I always am cautious...sorry for the questions.

At least this is getting rid of some of those cobwebs that sit inside your head as you get older like me......

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post

At least this is getting rid of some of those cobwebs that sit inside your head as you get older like me......
    I still got a lot in there and there pretty dusty.

I have my usbloader gx set as a channel on the wii menu so I don't need to run anything off a sd card or though the hb channel.

You don't need a USB wireless dongle for the wii it has wifi built into it,
    have you got a wireless router ?

From memory if you turn off "wiiconnect24" in settings that turns all updates off for the wii. You should of done this already when soft mobbing it. But double check its turned off to be safe.

once your internet is setup you don't need to turn it off again,

viewer (29-06-11)

Banned
    Thanks

My router is not wireless, but it has a wireless point linked to it to serve the laptop and other pc. Didn't know the wii had wireless, another cobweb destroyed !

Banned
    Thanks

I found this...

Appears all to do is pick one of the packs, say304-249 and load it up, then go get the covers?

I do hope I'm reading it right?

Thanks

I havent played with my Wii in over 12 months but I'm pretty sure you can download all the covers etc to your SD card in your Wii. You could get someone to upload their SD cards contents and then you could d/l it.

You could also search torrent sites or download links like you have found.

One of my mates has his Wii ext HDD running fat32 which stores his games and covers etc all on the one HDD rather than the Wii ext HDD that runs on the Wii file system.

Downloading from the Internet via your Wii is the easiest and straight forward option. Your router doesn't have wireless you can either buy a Wii network adaptor that allows you to hard wire it to your router or take your Wii to someone's house that has wireless and borrow their connection.

But do not update the system software!

All part of the learning process

• The Following User Says Thank You to johnwinger For This Useful Post:

viewer (02-07-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnwinger View Post

One of my mates has his Wii ext HDD running fat32 which stores his games and covers etc all on the one HDD rather than the Wii ext HDD that runs on the Wii file system.
    He'd be better spilting the the drive like I did with a small fat32 drive for covers and a WBFS drive for games,

If you put all your games on a WBFS drive you'll save a heep of HDD drive space.
    A 4.5GB ISO could be as small as 0.11GB once on the WBFS drive

heres a screen shot of the smallest game I have come across so far the orginal ISO size is 4.5gb and once on the WBFS drive it's only 0.11gb

Screen shot of some other games on the drive (all ISO's were 4.5gb)

If you put all them games on a fat32 drive they would be all 4.5gb each

I have 40 games on this WBFS drive which =71gb

This is probadly the easyest way to get the covers if you don't have a wireless connection
    If you get a copy of WiiBackup Manager you can set it to download all your covers to a folder on your Pc or on your wii usb hdd, usd stick or SD card

Last edited by DND; 02-07-11 at 11:44 AM.

viewer (02-07-11)

Banned
    Thanks

Thanks...I think I'll sit and read this like 20 or so times to let it sink in...my whole drive is in wbfs format though, and I'm reluctant to do anything on that, and would just like to put the information onto the sd card.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post
    Thanks...I think I'll sit and read this like 20 or so times to let it sink in...my whole drive is in wbfs format though, and I'm reluctant to do anything on that, and would just like to put the information onto the sd card.
    You should be able to do it easy,
    Grab a copy of "WiiBackup Manager" then connect your SD card and wii HDD to your pc.
    Run "WiiBackup Manager" select the Drive 1 tab and select your wii HDD once all your games load go to "options" then "cover tab" scroll down and you'll see "USB loader configurable" select "Custom" scroll down a little and you'll see "folder location" change the location to your SD card folder for your covers, do this for all the tabs for the location (disk, front, 3D and full) then click "OK"

now if your pc has internet connection click "Covers" then "Sync and download them all" it takes a few mins to get them all.

Check your sd card covers folder to see if it downloading them in there, if not double check your settings

(got rid of a couple more cobwebs)

Banned
    Thanks

I'm back...and full of shame....
    I started writing down all the game numbers from the icons, and then noticed something I should have looked further into.

When you click the greyed icon, it also brings up a menu on the side, saying start, manage, cover info etc.
    I thought I had to get the covers from what I said before, run a program etc.
    This time I went to manage/options, and there is a menu to get missing covers/all covers. I did that, and that game's cover downloaded straight off, and turned the icon from greyed out, to the cover, with description etc. I have to do them one game at a time though.

Dumb me...sorry everyone, but it was in front of my silly eyes all the time, and I didn't see it.

Thanks for the help...I'm feeling a bit stupid though !!!!!!!