Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: iGo 8.3 Australia R17 (100211) Full

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cowabunga View Post
    Hi been using IGO8 for a while. Downloaded the above and all is fine except it doesn't warn me of speedcams. Everything seems to be in the correct directory. Is there anything obvious I might be missing?
    what skin are you using? did you install speedcam voices in AUDIO folder?
    NOYPITS

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Hi been using IGO8 for a while. Downloaded the above and all is fine except it doesn't warn me of speedcams. Everything seems to be in the correct directory. Is there anything obvious I might be missing?

This link helped me fix it.

Thanks

I am using the std skin it came with - not changed it at all. Not sure which one that is.

I'll check out the auio alert bit./ However fairly sure it didn;t show the camera on the screen either.

I might check my folders again - may have just put something in the wrong spot.

Thanks

I am using the std skin it came with - not changed it at all. Not sure which one that is.

I'll check out the auio alert bit./ However fairly sure it didn;t show the camera on the screen either.

I might check my folders again - may have just put something in the wrong spot.
    try to use skin...speed camera warnings works for me with this skin
    NOYPITS

Thanks

For some reason with this version, whenever I change the speed alert to 110% for "other areas", after restarting it always resets it to 100%. Any ideas why?

Thanks

Default screen resolution problem

Hi
    I just updated my chinese double din unit with a screen resoution of 800*480 but came with the older maps, when i install igo 8.03 the initial screen is correct, but then it gets the out of memory message and reboots, but to a larger screen size.

I can't find where the screen config file is hidden so after it sets up i can manualy set it too the correct resolution
    Brian

Thanks

Default iGO Aust. maps

Hi,
    Down loaded maps thank you, however the GPS is unable to show the Australian map, it only shows the Thailand iGO maps. The GPS is a Techline TL-GP 105. Appreciate any guidance you may have.
    Thanks,
    Pnather.

Thanks

Downloaded R17 3 times but this map version is incomplete. I posted in Hollowmans thread also.... going to Sapphire Qld but not even listed... it was on R15. A lot of other places missing also. Can members check their R17 maps for Sapphire, Qld. Cheers

Thanks

pnather... I am only a novice but check and make sure the Australia and Basemap.fbl files are in the folder igo8(root)/content/maps

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xerzil View Post
    Downloaded R17 3 times but this map version is incomplete. I posted in Hollowmans thread also.... going to Sapphire Qld but not even listed... it was on R15. A lot of other places missing also. Can members check their R17 maps for Sapphire, Qld. Cheers
    Found and downloaded R16 maps and seems to be workin ok but only with early version of 8.3 or I get out of memory faults, but at least it does have the missing towns in it now...still think there is something up with the R17 maps in Australia.rar

Thanks

Default speed cameras

I'm interested to know where these speed camera files come from? Around Brisbane for instance iGo 8.3 with R17 files shows dozens, maybe hundreds of cameras. There just are not that many. It shows 3 within one hundred metres of where I live but they simply do not exist. Why does it show so many?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz808 View Post
    Also R17 is for iGO 8.2xxx -8.4xxx, not 8.0xxx
    Is there any way of making this work with the 8.0xxx PC version ?
    SF-918 HD, DM500s, NS-S3, EM200, EM300 PVR, SRT-4163x, IRCI-5400z, ODS4000PVR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by glenndini View Post
    I'm interested to know where these speed camera files come from? Around Brisbane for instance iGo 8.3 with R17 files shows dozens, maybe hundreds of cameras. There just are not that many. It shows 3 within one hundred metres of where I live but they simply do not exist. Why does it show so many?
    Hi... r u sure they are not mobile cameras..... ? The 3 within a hundred metres sounds like 3 people have registered seeing them there at different times. Just goes to prove that certain areas are targeted (or good hiding places)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by glenndini View Post
    try to disable POI speed camera if you have it installed or try to configure it to show in a closer distance
    NOYPITS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xerzil View Post
    Think you will find Sapphire is listed under "Gemfields" in R17 maps - if you know the stree or road try selecting "All" in the location field and then entering street name.

Thanks

They might be mobile speed cameras but I've lived here for 8 years and have never seen any cameras in the places indicated. It renders the maps almost useless as they are pretty much obliterated by dozens of camera icons.

I cannot find any way to disbable POI speed cameras. (it is not shown under any POI menu).

I have even tried deleting all references to speed cameras in the files and they are still there. Most annoying.

Thanks

Mine also has an abundance of speed camera icons .... even on rail lines.
    Most states have a list of gazetted camera locations ... maybe that's where they got the info from, either locations where it's likely you will find a mobile camera or future camera locations.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrRadio View Post
    Mine also has an abundance of speed camera icons .... even on rail lines.
    Most states have a list of gazetted camera locations ... maybe that's where they got the info from, either locations where it's likely you will find a mobile camera or future camera locations.
    One of the Speedcam files (forget which one) does show Rail CCTV cameras with the Speedcam icon - BlindPete

Thanks

It may be just me, but when the download has got to 81.7MB its just stopped. Anyone else have this happen?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlindPete View Post
    One of the Speedcam files (forget which one) does show Rail CCTV cameras with the Speedcam icon - BlindPete
    It occurrs to me that rail crossings and stations have those CCTV cams for safety and evidential purposes so I guess they are lumped in under the heading of safety cameras.

• Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast