Thread: NSW Smart meters.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default NSW Smart meters.

Some may be more aware of this than I am but in the recent issues of the Daily Telgraph there have been reports regarding the introduction and charges levied for these.
    All new homes or those being renovated will have these damn things installed but eventualy they will be in all homes.
    The article mentioned the meters are set to register a Peak Period from 2pm to 8pm Mon to Frid at DOUBLE the charge for OFF Peak.
    After some complaints, consumers may opt for a Flat Rate per 24 hours but those who rang to have this rate were told the charges overall would be dearer than the Peak/Off Peak.
    There was no mention what either charge per Unit was.

What annoys me today is that the State Governments borrowed the money to build these Power Stations which we as Tax Payers had to pay off plus pay for electricty used and now they are selling off what I basically consider 'My' property and someone else is getting the dividends and we are paying more and more for less.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (23-04-10)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

The high rise I am doing some fuxtol cabling in down in canberra has smart meters installed in the cable risers. these are labelled as remote metering boxes.
    they have green lcd displays and the meter reader (if they still exist as its likely to be done remotely soon) will go from floor to floor and just press buttons and the occupants will be unaware they have been checked.
    considering these apartments sell for 4 to 5 mill each i doubt the owners would give a rats arse about the cost of power.
    considering the huge aircon ducting, power cabling and data cable to all rooms these are for people that dont care.
    unlike all the rest of us!

well actually, i am on stand-alone solar and havent had a power bill in 10 years now
    cheers from the bush
    member. Austech dog squad: if it can be fixed the dogs will sniff it out

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

A bit surprising they arent grouped together but then there is no need if they can be read remotely is there.

PS/ Hey Neighbour, got a long extension cord Mate, Buddy,Pal, Fellow Mountain Dweller ???
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 391 Posts

You'll have to tell us all about your solar setup in more detail one day in another thread Bluedog.