Thread: BLuetooth on a cheap 5" chinese GPS with IGO

Thanks

Default Can I get Bluetooth to work on chinese GPS with IGO

I have a $100 WinCE6 5" chinese GPS and it is running IGO 8.3 perfectly. The GPS unit has Bluetooth buit in but can only be accessed in the launcher menu of the unit once you start the GPS software no BT. I am reading the IGO manual atm and it mentions it supports bluetooth (i'm guessing for windows mobile only), as I don't see any bluetooth options I guess I can't use this unit to answer calls while any navigation software is running?

Is this possible? Any suggestions?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Talking Hey bud

I have a feeling im in a similar boat as you.

First off, note that there are many versions of this product.

I got mine off ebay. The manufacturer is called YF International. They make GPS units on the cheap (not to say they dont do a brilliant job still for the price!!). What is advertised isnt necessarily what you always get with this seller though. Unfortunately they all look alike, and theres virtually no way to tell exactly what hardware is in the thing. Some builds (such as mine which is the 82A, not the 82C build) do not have bluetooth modules inside them. Changing the firmware on them wont give it bluetooth support. Generally unless you are technically minded and have a lot of time to waste looking into it, just assume that the firmware is right for the device and that that means it doesnt support bluetooth.

Seeya.

Btw I wont be tracking this thread for changes.

Thanks

My unit has Bluetooth but the option to use bluetooth is only in the launcher application, I want to be able to answer a call while the GPS is running.

Thanks

I have a double din chinese gps/dvd etc. If the OS is windows ce it should be able to run bluetooth and the gps program all at the same time.

Basically you run bluetooth, then connect your device (normally your phone). My bluetooth remembers this connection and resets itself on power up.

Then run the gps program. Bluetooth should still be running perfectly fine ion the background. In fact I normally have radio/bluetooth and gps all going at the same time.

If you have difficulties get the front end available for yf devices (gpsunlock.net? - see gps launcher thread). It should let you do just what you want.

found the link

Last edited by cowabunga; 30-04-10 at 12:57 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to cowabunga For This Useful Post:

tas05 (30-04-10)