Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nu energy... waiting for 5 months !!!

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Default Nu energy... waiting for 5 months !!!

Is this normal ?

Anybody else with them?

I paid upfront(to save $500) for a 1.5kW PV-system in November 2009.
    I keep ringing them and there is always a different excuse but an installer will call me in a few weeks and never does.
    Lately they have been advertising more and more on TV, while it seems they can not keep up with the work.
    Any advice what I can do to 'motivate' these guys to get the job done that I paid them for?
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    Any advice what I can do to 'motivate' these guys to get the job done that I paid them for?
    A complaint to Small Complaints/ Consumer Affairs in your state ?

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (30-04-10)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Thanks for the hint Sanity
    but I am also concerned if I do anything in that direction they will just send my money back and cancel the contract. There is a clause somewhere that they can do that at their discretion.
    I am then stuck trying to get my RECs back or transferred to a different company and in the end I might even end up too late to get anything at all.
    ...and who will warrant that I don't have the same problems with the next company.

This is all a vast grey zone in No-man's Land

I would appreciate feedback from anybody who has dealed with Nu Energy
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 30-04-10 at 01:57 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

Why not get your money back and transfer to another company . Some company's are just pigs they took on more then they could ever do and the clocks ticking they dont care if it lapses. They keep putting people off with cancelled install dates .

Im certain some company's in Vic anyway could install with in a few weeks .

In other words piss them off they dont deserve your custom.

• The Following User Says Thank You to pieces For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (01-05-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Sanity and pieces are right nomeat.
    Time to take action, if they can spend money on an advertising campaign yet fail to deliver to customers that signed up last year it's time to show you don't appreciate to be jerked around.
    They only get away with it because you let them (sofar).
    Sick em.

• The Following User Says Thank You to weirdo For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (01-05-10)

Thanks

Alright, I found another company that serves my area for the same price that I will contact on Monday to find out if there is no problem with the transfer of the RECs should Nu energy cancel when I get nasty.

I posted some info on a new thread that I really wished I had before I signed up with Nu Energy e.g. enquiring about delivery time guarantee and some other things I had not thought of.
    Nu Energy told me at the time of sign up, delivery would be 60days but in the contract of course no word that garantees that. They did permit me to put in a fixed, negotiated delivery and installation cost as I am outside their normal service area.

Thanks

Better get it in soon as the $8k runs out on 6/7/10, that is if you have the $8k rebate.

I am impressed so far with eco-kinetics melb.
    ordered last thursday, being installed at 7am tomorrow.
    Last edited by lee; 20-05-10 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks

Have you got your install done from Nu Energy yet?
    I sent them an email complaint at 10am yesterday, at 10:30am I got a phone call saying they could install it tomorrow (today) was finished at 1:30PM today...
    At 4:30pm yesterday I also got a response to my email saying they will look into it.... bit confused if it was a co-incidence when they rang me in the morning or different people were looking at the email and didn't tell the other staff... It is a bit confusing with all their contractor levels.....

Thanks

It was finally done last Tuesday but the installers were great and I got the German made SMA inverter.
    They sorted out a sparky who still had a gross meter and I got that bit installed today although Country energy just told me I would have to wait another 6weeks for the meters to arrive.

From the beginning to end, nobody had a clue what is going on, neither Nu Energy nor Country Energy, where I have a strong gut feeling that it is not of the interest of the latter to know what is going on.

Anyhow, it is a great feeling finally to be on-line with the sun

Thanks

7 months now
    NuEnergy STAY AWAY FROM THEM
    got every thing ready to go
    panels connected
    grid connect meter
    country enery have the forms except the one from the installer thats a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE got them to fax them to me 2 things just can read it and my ####in name is wrong so back to square 1
    just i hint here is there ceo email i cc all emails to him now
    Simon.Schauble@nuenergy.com.au
    and i have not once got a call from this mob only when i rang them

Thanks

The only call I ever got from NU Energy was from the billing department a month before they installed it.
    They wanted that I pay the outstanding cost for the installation.
    I told them it had not been installed yet and I was waiting over 5 months.
    They seemed astonished and said they would look into it.
    It was actually after this phone call that I got the first call from the installers about a week later.

Thanks

Default Me too

This is an edited version of an email I sent to Nu Energy.
    I have the cells installed and operating eventually but would strongly suggest anyone find a more ethical company.

"I signed up for the 1kv solar cells. There were 4 of us in my small town who did the same thing. When we were experiencing long delays with installation we all contacted Nu Energy at various times, sometimes within hours. We compared answers. We all got different answers every time, never once did your office tell the same story,and we suspected rarely if ever treated us as intelligent people and told us the truth.
    Our cells were finally installed on April 14th. I was away from home for several months after that but had my mail redirected. All my mail arrived without problem except the cheque from Nu energy. That cheque should have come to me by 14th June. When i arrived home still no cheque. I phoned 2nd Aug and spoke to xxxxx. xxxx rang me back that afternoon to tell me the cheque had been issued but not cashed and it must have got lost in the mail (an oldie but a goodie). Finance he told me were cancelling my old cheque (Isuspect that wasn't too hard) and were issuing a new one. That process would take 14 days. ( I was expecting it needed to be chiselled in stone- not very believable)

I waited. I phoned Friday 13th Aug and spoke to zzzzzzz. Miracle of miracles my cheque had been issued and was posted that very day. Australia post has a lot to answer for in its delays in delivery. The cheque is still not here. It is now Aug 19th fours months and many phone calls since installation.
    I believe your business model is based on lies to customers on the phone and deceitful practices and i am not the only in our small sample of four who believe this to be so."

Take care!

Thanks

What cheque were you waiting for??????

isn't 1kW system cost neutral with the rebates and REC's?

BTW i got a letter from the power company wanting info from me before they could install the smart meter.
    Ooops..... the letter fell into the "circular file"
    Last edited by lee; 19-08-10 at 06:19 PM.

Thanks

Best way to done your job from these kind of people is. You can directly go to the office if it is reachable then they give immediate solution because they want to keep their business with good name.

Thanks

Default NU ENERGY -disgracefull

hi look i went with nu energy bought a 3kw system waited four months for install then after 2 weeks the first inverter cooked then they installed another 2 aero sharp units and they did the same then upgraded me to a better aurora drilling more holes in my brick wall to accomodate the new unit after 1 week that too was playing up i went to reset and got zapped of the bloody thing !contacted nu energy whom did nothing for 3 weeks but meatime i turned power off! and noticed water comeing out of the unit ,a few days later i took the inspection cover off and water gushed out onto my face and chest !leaving about 3 inches in the bottom of the unit ,eventualy they came to change and brought the wrong unit an indoor and offered me comp to put inside i told them no!and sent email to manager adviseing of such but they arived with another indoor a week later and i let them install as i was not making power at all and had a burnt out unit worthless ,they instaled! and i rang thier manager again and stated i didnt want this unit!he stated nhe didnt know they were here today !dont get me wrong the lads that do the work seem good blokes but !this unit was already at 49c at 6pm,making 150w power,making a low jet sound 28c ambient temp, anyway they hve now been looking into replacment for 15 days stating they will calculate compensation also,but just not getting back to me! now this thing sounds like a screaming jet on a warm day mounted directly above a flamable pts wash bath ive seen it at 61c and aurora say it maxes out at 55c and fan running constant scream, i even stated i just wanted an undertaking and was happy to wait ,until they were in the area as i live 250km from brisbane but now they just say they are looking into it ,dont answer my emails or take note of them ,so now i have to go to fair trade /clean enegy council /lawyer i realy dont know , wanna spend $9000 aand play this game ,even some of the workers ,wernt happy with the company !pay a bit more and get local quality and reliability ! beware of nu- energy!!

Thanks

Default nu energy update!!

nu energy update! credit where credit is due ,on thursday the 17/3/11 two nu energy vans with four electricians ,and a car with a manager all the way from melbourne pulled into my drive way , 250km from brisbane ,the manager haveing brought with her a new outdoor inverter and manny apologies for the onging situation! the new unit was installed in a diferent place ,and every thing checked over with a fine tooth comb ,ive never seen any thing like it the manager stayed the whole time and nu energy are compensating me for the holes in the walls to be fixed and also even for the power bill for that period of inoperation ,the manager explaining that she is with nu energy to fix up any customer relations with the company ! needless to say we are now greatfull and verry impressed by the latest turn of events and obvviously not left out in the cold by nu energy ,and do have a warranty that it seems is honoured in a big way!verry happy! thank you nu energy

Thanks

hey everyone i had my own problems with NU energy i just wanted to ask if anyone else had the same problems.

first problem was nu energy told me that from the date i signed the contract, my solar panels would be installed in up to 90 days. this did not happen to me i waited 6 months. How long did everybody else wait???

the second problem was that there was problems in regards to the forms for getting approval to connection of the grid and for the 60c tariff. The question i ask is who filled out the forms for this on your installations was it nu energy or you as the customer???

your feedback would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Thanks

there were to do it
    but i ended up doing the country energy forms and getting a sparky to put in a new meter

drop the CEO a email Simon.Schauble@nuenergy.com.au
    he's the man

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I dont know about the other states but in NSW there appears to be some major rumblings in the Solar Camp.
    NOW we are being told that BECAUSE others have fitted panels, its going to cause power cost increases and had it (the Solar rebate) continued, these rises were expected to exceed 7%, thats above the current raft of increases being foisted on customers.
    I thought this Solar was to 'SAVE the PLANET', 'Reduce Pollution'. not make the people too poor to afford power.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I think the 100 billion dollars worth of debt Labor has racked up in 4 years has more to do with spiralling costs than anything else.

I find it hard to believe that people coverting to solar power in one state are to blame for power increases. What is their justification for the allegation ? Even more, who is making the allegation ??

It sounds like crap to me, unless you want to compare apples to oranges by looking at the rest of the governments spending, ie piss in the wind cash giveaways and insulations scams.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast