Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Solution 862 Alarm

Thanks

lets see, new battery, new keypad due to the broken tabs whilst looking for the battery, tech to reprogram newly defaulted panel. Who needs a crystal ball.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    Why would you do that ? There is no reason.
    Your guess is as good as mine... i've just had the pleasure of following the battery wire to other parts of houses

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NateDogg View Post
    assuing that it's there...I have seen them put in some god aweful places well away from where you'd expect to find it
    Quote Originally Posted by NateDogg View Post
    Your guess is as good as mine... i've just had the pleasure of following the battery wire to other parts of houses
    And whoever did it probably used a 240V extension cord with the ends cut off, to minimise "voltage drop".........

Thanks

Woody, tell me your not really looking in the keypad for the battery. There is more to the system than the keypad and detectors. Find the grey box on the wall/roof space, inside you will find the white man magic!
    DEFCON1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon1 View Post
    Woody, tell me your not really looking in the keypad for the battery. There is more to the system than the keypad and detectors. Find the grey box on the wall/roof space, inside you will find the white man magic!
    Do not climb up a ladder and open the box on the outside of the house with the shiny blue orb atop it.

It does not contain what you seek.

Thanks

Hi all,

I too have just bought a house with a Solution 862 (or is it an 880? The box says Bosch 880, the manual says 862...).

I don't have any codes for it, and accidentally set the alarm off. I subsequently took unplugged the power and battery to turn it off.

I would just like to use it as a local alarm without any monitoring. How do set it up to do this?

Thanks for any help!

Mat

PS. I'm in Toowoomba if any installers are local and want to offer me their services...
    Last edited by orbitor; 26-07-11 at 05:50 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

If you have removed all power from it to shut it up then when you re apply power it will come back in "armed" mode unless the previous installer changed the setting which is unlikely. The only option you have is to default & reprogram the system. For that you would be best getting a licenced installer.

Thanks

Well on re-powering it screams its head off again so I'm guessing that's the armed mode you refer to

I spoke to one company up here and I got the impression they were only interested if I signed up for an expensive monitoring arrangement, which I don't want.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Ring around the smaller companies you may be surprised at the service you get

Thanks

Define "Expensive monitoring arrangement"?

The rebate on many insurance policies will usually cover most if not all of it and it's usually less per annum than one big night out. How much do you care about your property and safety? If you're already getting a tech to attend, consider adding a few smoke detectors, panic buttons, checking the sensors and maybe even integrating it to lights etc. for some fun when you're at home.

Thanks

What insurance companies is that Dan most discount ive heard of is no more than $50p.a

Thanks

I think someone may be trying to open keypad to look for a battery. Typical! They all think the system is wired back to the keypad. What a crackup!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by controlroom Op View Post
    What insurance companies is that Dan most discount ive heard of is no more than $50p.a
    Not an insurance seller so can only comment from personal experience, but when they learn of alarms, monitoring, solid construction and window protection, the premium drops substantially. I'm insured via a broker. I expect your bargaining ability is lessened somewhat if insured via websites etc.

It's part of the reason insurers have gone into alarms over the years. They were giving away the premiums and figured they'd give away monitoring instead.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post
    Define "Expensive monitoring arrangement"?

The rebate on many insurance policies will usually cover most if not all of it and it's usually less per annum than one big night out. How much do you care about your property and safety? If you're already getting a tech to attend, consider adding a few smoke detectors, panic buttons, checking the sensors and maybe even integrating it to lights etc. for some fun when you're at home.
    I define >$350 pa (plus callouts, plus calls, etc.) as expensive. The insurance discount where I am is about $50.

I'll take reasonable precautions (eg. I have crimsafe on windows, deadlocks etc), but if someone breaks in and nicks my stuff, oh well. As for safety, yeah I don't think I'm at any risk whatsoever.
    Last edited by orbitor; 30-07-11 at 07:43 PM.

Thanks

Orbitor, I distinguish between installation (capital expenses) and monitoring. The latter could be anything, depending on your property, system etc.

Thanks

Post Solution 862 Alarm Issue

You would think he may have noticed it when he did the default ??##!!
    I have also got problems with our Solution 862 alarm, which has been working fine for 7+ years & last week it started beeping inexplicably every minute and the fault indicator was flashing. I went thru the fault analysis mode & worked out it was zone 1, which is the battery fail. I have also tested the strobe & horn test & they are both not working now...is that linked in with the battery failure? And does anyone know where to purchase a replacement battery? Many thanks

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Surens & strobes draw power from the battery when operating. Your battery must be in a very bad way. Replace the battery , arm & disarm to do battery test & extinguish fault condition then you should find your strobe/siren are OK

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    And does anyone know where to purchase a replacement battery? Many thanks
    You can buy a new battery from Dick Smith, part number s3321. Don't turn off the power; just swap the batteries over. After you change the battery, arm then disarm the alarm, to force a battery test and clear the fault condition. If the fault doesn't clear, the new battery may not be fully charged so give it time to charge. All Solution panels do a battery test every 4 hours and on arming, so the fault will clear itself when the battery is fully charged.

Oh, and don't forget to write the date on the new battery, using one or more of the numerous ways suggested elsewhere in this forum

Thanks

Ring around the smaller companies you may be surprised at the service you get
    had a guy out, but he couldn't default it, and said it appears to be installer locked. bugger.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

No stickers around that may indicate who put it in ? I could tell you how to get around the defaulting problem but then I'd have to kill you.

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast