Thread: new system

Thanks

Default new system

Hi Guys,

I have a couple of pretty standard questions after trying to do a much research as possible. It seems the more you learn the more confussed you get!!
    The situation is this.
    -I dont spend allot of time at my residence and want to be able to dial in from anywhere to make sure all is OK ( and that my kids haven't left a mess!!!)
    - I would like good quality images but only in B/W because I understand the image is clearer
    -I'm looking at having a seperate DVR unit rather through my PC conected to a UPS
    -Are the units through ebay OK and can I conect better quality cameras if desidered
    -I was looking at IP type cameras, would this be OK
    -What are other good packages available in Aust/ Melb i.e. for around $1000, 4-8 cameras, all the other usual stuff
    -What ways are there of getting around connecting each camera up to a power supply. I dont like the idea of having extension cords all across my roof
    - If I decided to buy all the components seperatly can anyone provide me a suggested list and if so is the programes used easy to apply.

I know its allot but I would value anyones opinions or comments.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

1:you can also look at day/night cameras with infrared - providing they are good quality, you get the best of both worlds (good night time and day time picture)
    2: agree, get yourself a dedicated dvr, not a dvr card on a pc (like your home dvd player, it's built for a specific reason)
    3: they only advice i can give, is ensure the products on ebay have a 'CTICK' approval for AUS regulations; last thing you want is your house to catch a fire then the insurance dont pay because the product isn't complient to AUS laws
    4: for about $1500, you can start to get something decent (not the top quality, but good enough and not cheap crap); still need to allow for labour costs
    5: the cameras will be low voltage; run the low voltage cable at the same time as the coax cable
    6: have a look at all the major wholesalers websites for info (DAS, Security Merchants, ADI Global Distribution, Bosch)