Thread: Hi, Help Needed with iGO 8 and Car GPS combo

Thanks

Question Hi, Help Needed with iGO 8 and Car GPS combo

Hi, To Start, Thanks to all the staff of austech for making this forum possible.

If anyone could help me with an issue I'm having, I would be ver gratefull.

1. Problem: My friend recently baught a 4x4 (Car) with a mp3, dvd, GPS, DTV ect built into one unit. He at the beginning told me it has a sd card like the one for a digital camera, he asked me what it was for, I said probably for the music ect for the system, he looked at it with a sd reader on his computer and I said whats on it, he said just weird files. I said, delete them and fill it up with music thinking a format would give him more storage ect. But most of you would know what has happened.

I told him to delete all the files, which actually were the iGO 8 Software for the GPS. I've tryed to download copies off the net, but can't get the Navigation software to work.

I touch navigation and the click doesnt do anything, screen just stays blank like I have downloaded the wrong software or something.

Doe's anyone have the time to help me resolve this. I feel terrible for telling my friend to delete the software,. and have basically no where to turn for help. The Unit is s Generic Brand, which the user manual says is a:

7 INCH TOUCHSCREEN CAR DVD RECIEVER

DVD, VCD, CD, MP3, MPED4, DVIX, JPEG, FM/AM MULTIMEDIA PLAYER

ID: OFCO-80080401-133F10-484E57-1F9BB73F

VER: B04A-B06F-1011 (Windows CE 5.0)

Thanks for any help in advance,

Regards,

Daniel
    Grafton, NSW, Australia

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hopefully you did not flash the other software yet, what'you do "disconnect power source from battery for a fews minutes say 5 or 10 minutes, then reconnect, before start press reset button somewhere on unit, maybe the manual show you where it is? If screen shows up and you can touch icon button for setting like dvd,usb,tv or navi.......so it's fine, you can load differance IGO or other navi later,if you press the button and nothing changes that's problem, if unit comes with remode control try to use it on menu and setup button see what's happen?
    If still nothing comes-up, Maybe you flashed the other software. Best way, contract the seller send you another software for reflash it.

Thanks

You can download 'igo' from here

Look for 'what to download'.

Hope all goes well

Brian

Thanks

Smile Thanks for the Replies so far

Hi, Thanks for the info in the posts. I'll see how I go after downloading a fresh and hopefully working copy of igo8 as kindly shown.

Thanks alot guys,

I'll let you's know if I get it working,

Regards,

Daniel.