Thread: Somebody please help..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Somebody please help..

Hi all,

My god..

This is getting beyond the joke.

Ok.. so i got a Nu Energy install about 4 months ago..

And AGL organised a smartmeter about 2.5 months ago..

Its generally good for about 5-7Kw per day on the inverter readout.. its currently at 978Kw total.

So i got out to my Smartmeter and it has 2 Kw/h readouts one says this:

03 - 2140 KW

and the other says this:

13 - 321 KW

I look at the bottom of the meter and its says that:

03 is TOTAL
    and
    13 is GENERATION

Now i read that as GENERATION is what i have fed back in to the grid. Though AGL swears black and blue that the meter does not show feed in amounts and that i have fed nothing back into the grid!

Now all day me and my wife work. And at home we only have a fridge and a couple of alarm clocks connected.. So can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?

Is my solar install not right? is my meter not right? Is AGL not right??

Driving me crazy.. I have been trying to find a manual for the smartmeter to no avail..

here is a pic of it if that helps.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Sage; 03-05-10 at 06:19 PM.

2. Look Here ->
    Thanks

the other thing i really want to know is who install these and what make and model are they?

That way i might be able to find a diagram or a manual at the least..

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I cant answer your question but all I can do is suggest that for ONE day,on daylight you TURN OFF everything fridge included, you have running on your side of the grid at the master switch if you have one, leaving only the solar panel connected.
    Take pics of the meter and note the information shown.
    Then when you return, pics and details and compare.
    If you have a chest type freezer, you can pack everything in it, cover contents so there is no free air space and it will keep its cold.
    Failing that get your friends/neighbors/relatives to store for you.
    I lost power here for near 3 days (midwinter) and by filling up the free space, newspapers/towels etc, things were still frozen when the power came back so 12 hours wont hurt.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

great idea gordon! though i posted on whirlpool too and got the make and model to my meter! And with a quick call to the manufacturer i got the user manual and it proves conclusively that the 321KW is a feed in amount!!

Just for the record.

I am Melbourne and my retailer is AGL.

AGL you damn thieves i have you!

After about 5 hours of phone calls, arguments and research they no longer can lie and squirm their way out of it.

This means the at least 2 service desk agents lied to me blatantly.

Anyway i have know called them once more and have drafted this email in response to their accounting department along with the picture above and their own user manual.

For those interested here is the user manual:

and here is my letter:

This issue has now been going on for over 2 months now and has taken many hours of my time. It all started in Feb when you sent me my first bill since obtaining my Solar Array. The bill you sent me seemed exactly what i expected. About 144KW/h feed-in and about 3 times that in consumption. The only issue with this bill was that you were offering only 0.21c for the feed in not the 60c+ that the government has ruled.

I called up and explained and the Servicedesk agent apologized profusely and said it would be fixed. Every subsequent bill you have sent me had 0KW/h listed as the feed in amount. Despite the smart meter you provided increasing daily.

Please take a look at the top of page 2 of the user manual attached where it states and i quote:

1. Wh imported (quadrants 1 and 4)

2. Wh exported (quadrants 2 and 3)

Now have a look at the picture of my meter taken yesterday.

As you can see clearly from the picture attached the 321.1KW/h resides in the negative quadrant 2 & 3 and is listed as ITEM 13 GENERATION as per the sticker at the base of the meter. This represents a feed-in amount.

Where the 2104KW/h sits in the positive quadrant 1 & 4 ITEM 03 TOTAL which represents my consumption. (A picture of this can be provided upon request).

To further prove my conclusions today i turned off the circuit breakers to my house when i left for work and left the solar array running. As expected my 03 TOTAL reading did not change today however my 13 GENERATION reading rose to 321.8 (it was a cloudy today).

Please remove the cost of the ad hoc meter reading from my account, add the export energy amount at the full premium feed-in rate.

Also if you would be so kind as to confirm that my feed in is Gross and not Net it would be appreciated.

Please call me on one of the numbers below with your response.

Big thanks to Chipboy from whirlpool without you i would have gone on in ignorance not knowing that AGL was taking my power and reselling it while not paying me for it!

I really hope that others see this thread and ensure they are getting paid for the electricity they generate.

I will post again once i have their response.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sage For This Useful Post:

bss904 (04-05-10),didgydont (27-07-10),frachwal (05-05-10),Godzilla (04-05-10),gordon_s1942 (05-05-10),tagg (16-06-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    Also if you would be so kind as to confirm that my feed in is Gross and not Net it would be appreciated.
    I can confirm that your feed in is not gross, as gross feed in tarrifs are not offered in victoria.
    Only Premium Members may advertise in their signatures!

Premium Member

Thanks

Sage, your experience shows that NOBODY must listen to ANY counterjumper/Help Desk/Sales staff when your interested in obtaining anything worth more than $10.
    Its not that they lie as such but that for some, they really believe the company spiel and to get the sale, embellish what they have been told.
    It now seems the bigger the company the more carefull you have to be.
    Years ago the only ones you worried about were them Greasy Haired Shiny suited Used car salesmen or the Real estate agent selling shared lots in Sunny Queensland but it's getting now that the term 'Caveat Emptor' (Buyer BEWARE) should be emblazened on all sales pamplets and agreements.
    I am glad my idea worked and I will be reading with interest as I am sure by the members 'Thank You's', they will to.

ps, if you realy wanted to stir the situation, what about a call to one of your Radio Talk back shows or TV today/tonight or a newspaper perhaps ??
    I doubt very much your the only person they have 'misinformed', do you ?
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 05-05-10 at 11:00 AM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

i am still waiting on the escalation. I have given them to the end of the week before going to the ombudsman.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 317 Posts

AGL are the most incompetent company I have ever dealt with. Sorry to hear your plight and hope you can stick it to them big time.
    You can learn alot using Google, and the search button.....

Premium Member

Thanks

I rang the AGL numbers shown in the local telephone book on Tuesday 8th.
    Their general inquiries number just rang out untill it finaly disconnected. Did that 3 times.
    I then went to their other number for an 'Energy Shop', that gave me the dreaded 'Lets Press the Button Time'.
    I went around and around through the menus, tried the numbers I was given but all they did was loop me back to the Menus.
    I gave it away untill the next day, Wednesday and had almost the same result but one number did connect me to another 'We will attend to your call shortly' which then disconnected me three times, I did eventualy get a human being who gave me a direct number to ring to do what I wanted to do.

NOW, in fairness I did NOT try the option of the Emergency Fault Call but as for the rest, it was a pathetic mess.
    I am not an AGL customer thankfully and I hope never to be either.

Thanks

Sage you are not doing anything wrong by contacting the ombudsman straight away , they need to be made aware of these sort of problems.
    Your meter is 2 way and very accurately measures and records everything you export to the grid , it can't be externally tampered with so basically if those numbers show up in your Item 13 they have to pay you for it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Joey For This Useful Post:

gordon_s1942 (11-06-10)

Thanks

Hi Sage,

I cannot access the rapidshare user manual??

Can u load again please ... to a friendlier file store?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.
    Sage please re upload this manual via the Megaupload box in this thread. It will then be in Austechs filebox and wont be subject to similar conditions and potential deletion.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    Sage please re upload this manual via the Megaupload box in this thread. It will then be in Austechs filebox and wont be subject to similar conditions and potential deletion.
    Uploaded to Megaupload

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

Thanks

megaupload is blocked from my work ill put it on rapidshare again for you in the meantime.

Just on the same subject escalated to the ombudsman's office this morning. Apparently AGL will contact me within 48 hours now. fingers crossed.

manual above.

Thanks

for those still following. AGL escalations called me back. I now have a case manager and a direct phone line to the AGL person. They believe i am in the right and it should all be resolved in the next 3 weeks.

Damn.. if id known it would be this easy i would have gone to the ombudsman much eariler!

Thanks

can you give me the maximum of cost you spent for this? how long it took to complete?