Thread: Help me PLZ: UBI/damaged satellite??

Thanks

Unhappy Help me PLZ: UBI/damaged satellite??

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate your help here.

I'm having trouble with my UBI channels where I keep getting a message saying no signal detected so i have lost all the channels. I have about 70% signal strength with 0% Quality. I was away for the last few weeks and haven't used the channels at all and I turned the power off from the main switch only to come back now and find this problem I did call them up and they tried different frequencies but nothing worked, mind you I also have the free to air channels and they'r working fine. I was told that the satellite could be damaged due to storms in the last month and the reason why i'm only getting the FTA channels is because UBI has horizontal polarisation and FTA is vertical.

could someone pleeeeeeease give me some hints or any possible advise, is it possible that the satellite is damaged?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

have you tried following these instructions:

straight off the ubi website on the right hand side where it reads "UBI have moved to the new Optus satellite"

Thanks

You have tried these 5 frequncy settings for UBI ?

Your connections behind the reciever, at the wall plate and on the dish are tight?

Have you tried to move your dish a little left/ right/ up down while someone checks the signal meter? Tried turning your Lmb a little left and right to see if your signal level goes up?

Have you given your card time to update/ get hit (remember your receiver was switched off)

Thanks

Thank you sparkd and global88 for your prompt replies.

dear Sparkd:
    I have tried the new frequency but there was no change

dear global88
    I tried all the frequencies on the website you gave with no use I still only get the FTA ones, I will give it ago with moving the dish left and right tomorrow and see what happens.
    everything is plugged in right and tight. as for the last option with updating the card, could you please explain how i could do that, I just switched the power on and receiver on and found no channels.

Thanks again

Thanks

Mari,

Where abouts are you located?

If your able to get Vertical and not Horizontal it's probably something to do with the LNB.

If you need any further assistance please PM me your Cust ID and I will give you call.

Thanks

Please check this! some UBI receivers have "Local" or "Pay TV" sellection. If set to Local you wil not see any Pay Tv Stations.

Thanks

walik,

The UEC STB actually has 2 bouquets, UBI World TV and Public - UBI World TV is for the UBI channels and if you have enabled the Globecast frequencies then you can see those on the Public bouquet. This is very old news.

Thanks

Hi Mari!
    Having read your letter again I .can suggest following: the replay you got from UbI is noncence,if Satellite was foulty they would have had thousands of complaints.the fact that you can receive Free to Air stations from same Satellite rules out a foult in your receiver(unless half of the LNB has lost Horizontal selection (={voltage switching} ).
    Having had power OFF for several weeks could have deactivated your card.
    I have had same problem with good old Tarbs.
    Ring up UBI again and ask them to Reactivite your Card in the receiver.
    They can do it from their side,you will need to leave your receiver switched ON for them to be able to reactivate the card.I am surprised they did not do it in the first place.

Thanks

walik,

The original problem was E52 (No Signal) and not E16 (Service Is Currently Scrambled) so a rehit wouldn't of helped. The issue has already been resloved.

Thanks

Default need help with ubi..please

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me please.....I have been watching ubi channels the other day and the signal kept degrading then I attempted to reposition the antenna using a sat finder to optimize the signal....It worked, but only for a day and then we lost the signal. I've called UBI about the problem and they have tried every possible method to isolate the problem, the techie finally came back and said that it maybe a faulty lnb or misaligned antenna. I have even tried swapping the receiver over with one from my friends and it has the same problem. I have aligned the antenna towards the optus d2 satellite and have made sure that all the connectors are right and tight & I can see that the signal strength is showing 100% and quality is at 77% and it is showing ubi world tv on the signal detection screen but there is still no picture on any of the channels. Would there still be any signal if the LNB was faulty? The E52 no signal message keeps coming up.... hey Walik, where is that option for selecting local and pay TV on the UBI decoder box???