Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Service Manual for Electrolux Front Loader Washing Machine

Thanks

You tha man glenos, Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KIERAN View Post
    You tha man glenos, Thanks
    I have four manuals, none of them specifically list the EWF1090 but they do relate to the control board used in this model. With some careful reading between them and fault finding you should be able to narrow down the problem.

Use these documents at your own risk. There is 240V inside a washing machine if you ae not 100% sure about what you are doing or planning to touch, put the lid back on it and call someone who is. You can be killed.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glenos For This Useful Post:

KIERAN (01-06-15),timmbo (29-05-15),tristen (29-05-15)

Thanks

I would be looking at the carbon brushes in the motor
    Change them all the time
    In various brands
    Last edited by timmbo; 29-05-15 at 08:35 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to timmbo For This Useful Post:

KIERAN (01-06-15)

Thanks

Default ! Beware !

Quote Originally Posted by glenos View Post
    I have four manuals, none of them specifically list the EWF1090 but they do relate to the control board used in this model. With some careful reading between them and fault finding you should be able to narrow down the problem.

Use these documents at your own risk. There is 240V inside a washing machine if you ae not 100% sure about what you are doing or planning to touch, put the lid back on it and call someone who is. You can be killed.
    glenos is absolutely correct about his concern for your safety... when these machines are open there are serious voltages inside (EVEN WHEN TURNED OFF) !
    In many instances mains voltage Power Capacitors are present within the machine which act as 'soft start' devices. A Capacitor can hold full charge for many minutes before it drains... If you are going to undertake these fixes be aware of the danger and take these precautions: Turn off the machine, unplug at the socket and then wait for at least 15-20 minutes before you open the machine up. I would also suggest that you have a friend or spouse close by to help you and to watch over you - just in case. Finally keep in mind that front loaders have a concrete counter balance within and as such are very heavy.

Good luck and please take care.

• The Following User Says Thank You to PC Tech For This Useful Post:

KIERAN (01-06-15)

Thanks

Thanks Glenos, thanks also timmbo and PC Tech, I hope I can repay the favor some time. I was only an auto elec. But I know what not to touch. Im familiar with cap start motors. I will check the brushes first, I havent even opened it yet. I found out about the concrete block years ago when helping a mate move his bendix front loader down 5 flights of stairs (about his 3rd move in 3 years with same machine) and I finally noticed a label on the machine while it was pressed against my face that said something like "remove ballast prior to transport"

• The Following User Says Thank You to KIERAN For This Useful Post:

timmbo (15-06-15)

Thanks

It was the brushes, easy to replace through the clip on panel on the bottom, blow out the commutator, vacuum out the carbon dust out of the case, check the belt for wear, give it a wipe down all over and done. About 10 minutes work and it was back up and running. Thanks again guys.

• The Following User Says Thank You to KIERAN For This Useful Post:

timmbo (15-06-15)

Thanks

Default ewf 1074 srevice manual

Hi, I'm looking for EWF1074 service manual. Machine displays E10 error code and during program water only dribbles in slowly so it's probably inlet valve problem.

Thanks

Hi all,

Does any know how to remove the back panel of washing machine (brand Electrolux EWF10831), as i have been trying to replace the broken drive belt.
    Any inputs would be appreciated.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I have no idea but if you cant find a defined panel to remove, the possibility is the whole outer shell lifts off the same way the packaging does.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Try removing the top cover and tilting the unit to gain access from underneath.
    You can split them in half but it's a pain.
    I can send you the exploded view if you like.

Thanks

Default EWF1074 Service Manual / Diagnostic Test

Hi all,

Q1. Like oddo in Aug.'15, I am looking for an EWF1074 Service Manual. Any suggested sources would be appreciated.

Q2. I would like to find out how to run and interpret the Diagnostic Test for an Electrolux EWF1074 front loader washing machine. (Probably covered in the service manual but not sure how successful Q1 will be.)

Thanks.

Thanks

Default Program Selector Knob EWF1090

Can anyone help me please with what is required to remove the program selector knob of my Electrolux EWF 1090 washing machine.

Thanks

+1 to the EWF 1074.

As many people out there, the conditioner doesn't leave the drawer... unlike many others in my case the problem is a weird one on the solenoid valves: when both of them should be opened, the flow of one of them is much stronger than the other one... This doesn't seem to be the case when they are opened independently. I was wondering if with the service manual I could check what is happening.

Thanks!

Thanks

just sent pm gamote
    woteva

• The Following User Says Thank You to omega99 For This Useful Post:

gamote (03-09-16)

Thanks

Default EWF1074 banging during spin

Hi,
    I noticed others have had this problem. My EWF1074 front loader makes a loud banging noise when spinning. It happens regardless of the load, so is not an unbalanced load problem. There is no noise at other times other than in the full spin mode. If anyone has the repair manual for diagnostic tests I would be very grateful. Many thanks
    Last edited by Soma71; 02-10-16 at 05:26 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Try searching on Youtube using EFW1074 as the search term.

I'm not saying that you will find a manual this way but somebody might have posted a video which is relevant.

Also try "EWF1074 front loader makes a loud banging noise when spinning" as the search criteria.

Thanks

Be very careful when attempting to download any manuals from the internet as they come with multiple viruses, malware, etc - very vigorous ones.

In the pass my software stopped any download before it started.

When looking recently for a manual there was no warning, the manual was downloaded and then the viruses, malware, etc went into action - took hours to clean them all out as they crippled my computer.

The downloaded manual itself had imbedded viruses which I have now deleted. BUT I am not game to attempt to open the manual at this stage.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Repiarman41 For This Useful Post:

Soma71 (02-10-16)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Good advice, however....

There are reputable websites where you can download manuals which are virus-free, such as , and others.

Anyway, manuals in the form of an Adobe Acrobat (pdf) file should be safe enough. It's the executable files which one needs to be wary of.

There is much malware which is not a virus as such.

If you use a good anti-virus program such as Eset or Kaspersky together with anti-malware software, i.e. Malwarebytes, Spybot etc., you should have reasonably good protection from the nasties which inhabit the internet.

No anti-virus or anti-malware program is perfect and will sometimes give a "false positive", i.e. they report a virus when so such nasty is present.

The internet is a wonderful tool, but like all tools, requires a little expertise and common sense in its use.

I did a quick search but couldn't find a service manual for the unit in question. However, there is one for an EWF1070M available for download at , which might be similar.

I downloaded it without encountering any problems, so others should be able to also.

• The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

Soma71 (02-10-16)

Thanks

Default Repost manual please

Quote Originally Posted by omega99 View Post
    if not try this one
    Hi,

the link isn't available anymore, can you please repost for me

My washer is pausing at 45mins with no fault, need a process flow ideally to know what it might be waiting for

Thanks

Thanks

Default EMF1090 Manual

Hi

did you find the manuals by any chance? Mine does the same,just sits seems to be at 45 mins to go

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast