Thread: HSV Unveils the W427 aka Walkinshaw

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Default HSV Unveils the W427 aka Walkinshaw

HSV is celebrating its 20th anniversary with a V8-powered show car that redefines Australian muscle machines and will become the fastest car ever produced in Australia.

Revealed at the 2008 Melbourne motor show, the HSV W427 is a Commodore-based four-door sedan with a 7.0-litre engine producing 370kW of power – almost 500 horsepower in the old scale.

The exclusive W427 supercar is designed to cement HSV as Australia’s premiere performance-car brand and a more serious competitor to established European brands such as BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Audi.

A mildly different production version of the W427 show car – a one-off concept created for the motor show – will go on sale towards the middle of 2008 priced somewhere between $140,000 and $170,000.

The Melbourne motor show unveiling ends months of speculation – much of it incorrect – about HSV’s so called “big banger”.

The HSV W427 can accelerate to 100km/h in about 4.7 seconds, matching similar explosive acceleration figures from more expensive vehicles such as the BMW M5, Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG and upcoming Audi RS6.

The HSV W427 is fitted with a US-sourced 7.0-litre V8 (codenamed LS7) also used in the Chevrolet Corvette but hand assembled for use in the Holden-based sedan. It features an advanced dry-sump lubrication system required to match the performance potential of the car.

A unique two-mode exhaust system is designed to improve the characteristic V8 engine sound.

HSV says the W427 is not so much about beating rival performance car brand Ford Performance Vehicles – expected to release a 315kW version of the Falcon GT in June, 2008 – but ensuring HSV better tackles more fancied, predominantly European brands.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I can't wait to trade the Senator Signature for this baby!

Thanks

You can save up for the fuel in the interim. .

Thanks

nice looker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bulbous View Post
    You can save up for the fuel in the interim. .
    Joys of owning your own business

Thanks

Nice but i cannot see the value in a $40k commodore with some tweaks, and a U.S. 7ltr engine and a 170k price tag. I cant find the extra $130k spent appart from some leather, plastic, suspension, brakes and bigger crate engine.
    I find it hard to justify.

Dont get me wrong, they have some mumbo that you cant take from them.

If i was going to spend $170k this is where id spend it check some of the links for the real drive.

The closest thing to tearing the Porsche gt3 on the Nurburgring apart, for a fraction of the price.

A true track car (wait for the v spec next year). Nissan intends to break the lap record for the worlds fastest lap in a production car on Porsches home test track with the v spec.

Edit, oh and 0 to 100 in less than 3.8 sec ( was timed 3.3 sec) depending on conditions non v spec too.......

And here a GTR vs Audi R8 by topgear
    It tears the German techno wizz car it to pieces.

All this for $170k, now thats value for money.
    Last edited by global88; 24-03-08 at 01:54 AM. Reason: added some more