Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ban the burka

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Don Benosee View Post
    Yep, I can see that 0.000425% of the population of australia would be worthy a subject of such a debate. The other 99 point sfa of the rest of us should he really bothered,.

(derivation: 5% of 50% of 1.7%. Argue the figures if you like, it still won't look real good....)
    but, mate my post was about an arsehole who used the burka as a disguise, and that in turn leads to can/should you be allowed to disguise yourself in public?
    When I explained to the guy what avatar I wanted, that wasn't what I meant!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iwacelect View Post
    should you be allowed to disguise yourself in public?
    No you bloody well shouldnt,before entering a bank with a motorbike helmet you are required to remove it!!! these bloody foreigners have no respect for our way of life, go to their country and see what ya can get away with

• The Following User Says Thank You to Ricki For This Useful Post:

vampyre (12-05-10)

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Seems France is well ahead of us under Rudd the dud.

I wonder if we will now get boat loads of asylum seekers from France.

Iran to arrest women with suntan

Better hide those bronzed skin when visiting Tehran, Iran. At least if you are a woman.

On Thursday, Tehran police chief Brig. Gen. Hossien Sajedinia has warned that all women sporting a tan will be arrested and imprisoned because this violates the "spirit of Islamic law." Thus, any woman that looked like a "walking mannequin" will be punished.

He said that the Iranian public expects the police to act firmly and swiftly to any social misbehavior caused by women, and men, particularly those who defy the Islamic values. He cited some areas in northern Tehran where suntanned women and young girls look like walking mannequins.

"We are not going to tolerate this situation and will first warn those found in this manner and then arrest and imprison them," Sajedinia said.

The warning is the latest move by Iranian authorities that is showing a trend towards "radical" implementation of Islam. Recently, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad warned of an impending major earthquake.

Prior to Ahmadinejad's statement, senior Iranian cleric, Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi, claimed that revealing female clothing disturbed young men and also caused earthquakes.

"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes," Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted as saying by Iranian media.

But some analysts said that the new order for women to dress "immodestly" is part of a wider campaign by the government to quash the opposition movement.

According to Iranian law, women should dress according to Islamic values and requires them to wear headscarves and loose-fitting, figure-disguising cloaks. But many Iranian women have been liberally interpreting this rule due to lack of legal clarity and partly due to a growing desire for women to be in fashion.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

The suntan police.....isnt Islamic Law a barrel of laughs.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 391 Posts

And we thought the Nazis and communism were bad. You can see why no one wants to see Iran with nukes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 707 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwacelect View Post
    but, mate my post was about an arsehole who used the burka as a disguise, and that in turn leads to can/should you be allowed to disguise yourself in public?
    Yeah, granted someone can use a burka for a disguise. I'm just fascinated by the amount of attention this tiny issue takes up in the media and discussions like this. Makes me wonder if the whole population isn't being whipped into xenophobic frenzies by the media time and time again over really trivial shit. I mean, does it REALLY matter to you if some idiot women cover their faces to satisfy their particular imaginary friend? Does it really make one iota of difference to your life? And haven't you got more important shit to worry about?

I know I have, like raising my kids right, trying to make a buck, having a good time and trying not to f*ck up too much while doing all three. Women in burkas? Who gives a fvck, let 'em look like stupid cvnts if they want...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 391 Posts

I mean, does it REALLY matter to you if some idiot women cover their faces to satisfy their particular imaginary friend? Does it really make one iota of difference to your life? And haven't you got more important shit to worry about?
    Except the women are covering up to stay out of jail and satisfy crazed ayatollahs, radicals and clerics. It's an issue of rights, or lack thereof imparted be extremest dictators that want no more than to do the same to the whole world, including us. So yeah, it shits me. Especially when I'm on 10+ mg of prednisone.

Women should be allowed to dress how they like without being told by some crazed male idiot.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Learjet For This Useful Post:

iwacelect (13-05-10)

Thanks

Yeah, granted someone can use a burka for a disguise. I'm just fascinated by the amount of attention this tiny issue takes up in the media and discussions like this. Makes me wonder if the whole population isn't being whipped into xenophobic frenzies by the media time and time again over really trivial shit. I mean, does it REALLY matter to you if some idiot women cover their faces to satisfy their particular imaginary friend? Does it really make one iota of difference to your life? And haven't you got more important shit to worry about?

I know I have, like raising my kids right, trying to make a buck, having a good time and trying not to f*ck up too much while doing all three. Women in burkas? Who gives a fvck, let 'em look like stupid cvnts if they want...
    my original post was about some GUY wearing a burka to pull of a crime,

yes anyone can wear a disguise to try and increae thier chances of getting away with it, but to COMPLETELY cover oneself so identification is impossible, and to use the excuse of it being for religious reasons then this precedent opens a BIG door for being able to enter secure area without facial recognition...

thats not on, now that it's used as a scam it wont be long before that community set themselves up with thier own banking and loan providers, butchers, bakers...

all a willing followers will observe the right to wear the burka...

then it wont be long before some enterprising your "non-islam" youths figure out the same thing..

it makes a great disguise if no-ones game to remove it!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

I was all for banning it but I'm not so sure now

Uploaded with

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to weirdo For This Useful Post:

Don Benosee (29-05-10),enf (29-05-10),iwacelect (29-05-10),Learjet (29-05-10),Ricki (28-05-10)

Banned
    Thanks

nope i'm not sure either now, you always manage to throw a spanner/titties in the works weirdo

Thanks

Looks like Australian medical authorities are pushing for female circumcision, so burkas may be everywhere shortly!

"he Royal Australian New Zealand College of Obstetricians is considering allowing doctors to carry out "ritual nicks" on baby girls whose families may otherwise turn to illegal operations, the Daily Telegraph reports.

The practice, though illegal, is widespread among African, Asian and Middle Eastern communities.

Doctors are reportedly seeing increasing cases of girls who require surgery after botched operations, which are often performed in domestic situations with razors or pieces of glass. "
    * Bill Paxton is the only actor to be killed by Alien, a Terminator, and the Predator.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SystemRat View Post
    Seems France is well ahead of us under Rudd the dud.

I wonder if we will now get boat loads of asylum seekers from France.

Iran to arrest women with suntan

Better hide those bronzed skin when visiting Tehran, Iran. At least if you are a woman.

On Thursday, Tehran police chief Brig. Gen. Hossien Sajedinia has warned that all women sporting a tan will be arrested and imprisoned because this violates the "spirit of Islamic law." Thus, any woman that looked like a "walking mannequin" will be punished.

So using fake sun tan lotion is out of the question there?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    I was all for banning it but I'm not so sure now

Uploaded with
    well found weirdo, might just duck out to lakemba and see how many are similarly attired....

could be a stir, if you dont ask to look at thier faces...no harm done!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bambbbam View Post
    Looks like Australian medical authorities are pushing for female circumcision, so burkas may be everywhere shortly!

"he Royal Australian New Zealand College of Obstetricians is considering allowing doctors to carry out "ritual nicks" on baby girls whose families may otherwise turn to illegal operations, the Daily Telegraph reports.

The practice, though illegal, is widespread among African, Asian and Middle Eastern communities.

Doctors are reportedly seeing increasing cases of girls who require surgery after botched operations, which are often performed in domestic situations with razors or pieces of glass. "
    I don't believe this is a religious commandment but rather some fvcked up cultural tradition that they follow.

Instead of catering for such barbaric acts using our doctors, perhaps prosecuting these animals who do this to females and inprisoning them for 5 - 10 years would help them to be rehabilitated.

Rehab is the key !

• The Following User Says Thank You to NASA For This Useful Post:

remote (29-05-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 707 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bambbbam View Post
    I'm at a bit of a loss how you drew that conclusion, can you explain why one would lead to the other?

Thanks

I'm at a bit of a loss how you drew that conclusion, can you explain why one would lead to the other?
    If we encourage barbaric acts like female circumcision, we may find more moslems attempting to emigrate here, ergo more burkas.
    * Bill Paxton is the only actor to be killed by Alien, a Terminator, and the Predator.

Thanks

Sorry to bump an old thread but someone had to do the ironying

ISIS bans women from wearing burkas after chiefs attacked by veiled assassins >

ISIS has backflipped on a decree ordering all women to wear burkas.

In a bizarre turn of events, Islamic State fighters are now banning women from wearing burkas in security centres in the northern Iraqi city of Monsul and have declared the full-face veils are now a security risk.

According to The Express, an insider told Al Alam News Network that terrorist chiefs had changed their mind following a string of attacks on ISIS commanders by women wearing burkas and niqabs in recent months.

Hilarious!

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to exited For This Useful Post:

eaglem (07-09-16),enf (07-09-16),Godzilla (07-09-16),mtv (07-09-16),Tiny (07-09-16)

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,108 Times in 9,100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dishtrackted View Post
    ???
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dishtrackted View Post
    2 Nuns in a bath
    1 says where's the soap
    The other says "Doesn't it"
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

exited (07-09-16)

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast