Thread: SGIII learning problem

Thanks

Default SGIII learning problem

Hi,

I'm trying to add extra PIRs and a couple of new keyfobs to a SGIII unit v3.2 firmware. Ness claimed their R12/R15 radio detectors should be fine with it, so I ordered a few. However, when trying to learn either the PIRs (connecting PIR battery whilst in learn mode on control panel) or the keyfobs (panic button of fob for 8s with the control panel in learn mode;N55 MK304 fobs) the unit gives the failed sequence of chirps "Beep, beep, brrrrr".

My questions are as follows:

1) Knowing that test-mode on the newer R15's lasts 10 mins from power-up; how do I get the PIRs to connect to the panel to ensure the signal is encrypted? I'm currently getting the programming failed sequence of chirps when trying to learn the PIR immediately after inserting the battery.

2) What is likely to be going wrong with keyfob programming?? This problem is with both of the brand-new keyfobs (N55 MK304) failing to program. I already have two identical old fobs working fine with this alarm; which also reprogram fine when the panel is blanked!

Thanks in advance

Matt

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Apologies for the multiple posts, but herewith a bit more information which may help find out my problem:

- The SGIII is branded FAI III (Chubb sticker on it)
    - The old PIRs are branded Ness (Dated Oct '96 with numbers 105-168, 105-172, 105-173 on PCB in case)

Did FAI change the coding of the units supplied by ness??

Thanks in advance

Matt

Thanks

The SG units ha\ve different coding to the standard range of ness products, when you order parts for an SG system, you need to make sure ness send you the correct units.

I dont remember using the encryption option ever on an sgIII unit, take the encryption jumper off and try again, the remotes learn in by pressing and holding the panic key.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Yep I got caught out order a Ness PIR and Fob for FAI unit but forgot to
    specify FAI model and had the same noises emitting from unit

Thanks

Yeah - it is the coding that's the issue - just in the process of exchanging the Ness-coded stuff for the fai bits n bobs.

Cheers