Thread: Netspace reem job

Thanks

Default Netspace reem job

Looks like netspace is getting into bed with the likes of telstra and others.

Just had a look at thier site, When I joined them YEARS ago no upload was counted. Those days are GONE.

I've got 10 months to go and I'm outta here. They cant give me ADSL2 so whats the point of staying?
    Telstra can give me ADSL2 and will charge the same....

I have found internode and they LOOK VERY GOOD!

Anybody here have these as a ISP?

Do tell if thier any good.

BYE BYE netGRAB.
    Last edited by Svenok; 06-05-10 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling miscake ;)
    "It's Life Jim" But Not As We Know It!

"We come in peace" shoot to kill.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I've been with Internode for years and have never had a problem - They have never been the cheapest, but are almost definately the best.

Cheers.
    When I was a kid, I used to have an imaginary friend. I thought he went everywhere with me. I could talk to him and he could hear me, and he could grant me wishes and stuff too. But then I grew up, and stopped going to church.

Thanks

I use Internode and they are good.

However, not being able to get adsl2 from anyone other than Telstra i recently switched to one of their "fast" plans. Speeds were good at the time but the connection was quite unstable. The last week or so the stability has improved but with the loss of a fair amount of speed (5Mb/s to 2.6Mb/s). That said its still better than the old 1500kb/s plan i was on.

Will be giving them a call when i have time.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Yes, another happy Internode customer. They also count uploads on some of their plans. I dont know why anyone would see that as a problem unless they play torrents day and night.

Thanks

im with netspace and have been for some 6 odd yrs.

For me they are good very stable and never a problem on the 8000k connection.

Yes they now include uploads on some of their plans but they are only the ones without the on-off peak all the others are the same as what they have always been.

But yes i am also very annoyed i can not get adsl2 and being in what they call regional2 area i can only get the adsl2 through telstra or a supplier who resells the telstra adsl2 and thats just no good.
    dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

Thanks

thanks for moving this to it's rightfull place...

I was seeing red and not paying any attention as to where I was putting it. Hence the F&*kup.

I'm not too fused about upload but it does suck! I try and seed as much as I can but now, I dont know... I think it's time for a change anyway... I'm only 512/128 speed anyway. I also like the idea of the gaming pages which dont count on your download or upload...

Ten months.... I might just pay it out.....Dont tell the wife!
    "It's Life Jim" But Not As We Know It!

"We come in peace" shoot to kill.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I am on Internode Easy Broadband 50 gig for $50 1500/256

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Svenok View Post
    thanks for moving this to it's rightfull place...

I was seeing red and not paying any attention as to where I was putting it. Hence the F&*kup.

I'm not too fused about upload but it does suck! I try and seed as much as I can but now, I dont know... I think it's time for a change anyway... I'm only 512/128 speed anyway. I also like the idea of the gaming pages which dont count on your download or upload...
    Netspace offer free usenet access with up to 10 concurrent connections, which would max out an adsl2 line and result in 0 upload/seeding. If an isp offers a usenet service, they usually either have quotas and/or limit you to only a couple of connections.

Netspace have been one of my ISPs for the last 7 years, and i find their plans to be quite well priced particularly when considering the quality of the connection. Internode ADSL2 will be available in 6 months time for me, but their plans are more expensive (though bullet proof).

Just be cautious when switching to ADSL2, as i see whyalla only has 2 exchanges. One has free adsl2 ports, while the other has a 8-12 week wait.

Considered upgrading to the 1500K plans? These are a lot quicker than 512 plans, especially if you have a few people on the network.

Remember netspace are constantly changing plans, so their might be something much more appealing in a couple of months.

I find the best part of ADSL2 is being able to download a TV show in a couple of minutes (1.6MB/s)...the web browsing isn’t that much greater, and the pings to gaming servers are actually slightly higher (compared to ADSL).

Cheers.
    Democracy: Three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for lunch.

• The Following User Says Thank You to RHCP For This Useful Post:

Svenok (06-05-10)