Thread: Exetel at it again

Thanks

Default Exetel at it again

Exetel are at it again , they changed the off peak download times from 2am -12:00am too 2am till 8am , thats like half of what we had 6 months ago , me thinks its time to change.
    Anybody else's thoughts ??????

Cheers

JH

Look Here ->
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

They are planning to reduce the free download time from September 2010.
    The free quota stays the same...what was it... 70+GB a month?

If you find any reliable provider that is cheaper than them then please post it here.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

I have been impressed by Exetel's policies since I joined them several years ago and I am very happy with my connection speed, their pricing and their excellent customer service (No, they don't suffer fools gladly, but neither do I).

They do not appear to be entirely profit-motivated as do many of their competitors, but seem rather to attempt to provide a good service for a very competitive price.

Exetel do not have their own network as Optus and Telstra do but rely on buying bandwidth from others. It's a fact of life that prices are increasing for all commodities and services and clearly, Exetel are no exception to this.
    Competitive pricing and a good service result in an increasing customer base making a greater load on the existing infrastructure. Something has to give and in this case, it's the non-peak download allocation.

Thanks

Surprise Surprise , Exetel does another back flip , NO PLANS WILL CHANGE NOW OR IN THE FUTURE , Talk about confusing your customers , what they wont be doing however is offering new customers off peak downloads , lets just see where this all ends up.
    Ive been with Exetel for over 6 years and in that time have found them to be very reliable and cost effective , I could not say the same thing about there ADSL2 service but I suspect that it would have more to do with the failing infrastructure then a problem with Exetel.

JH

• The Following User Says Thank You to johnhoward For This Useful Post:

John1711 (13-05-10)

Thanks

I also been with exetel for over 6 yrs and have always been happy with there ADSL1 service, i was quite annoyed when they made that move to cut my off peak time as i rely on it a fair bit but now glad they have taken that back smart move exetel good news.