Thread: Shocking News ! What happened to Intelsat 8 ??!!??

Thanks

Angry Shocking News ! What happened to Intelsat 8 ??!!??

Today later this night ( Sunday 23rd March ) at approximately 9:55pm, the C-Band of Vertical tranmission has been bursted out unwittingly and the signal went black without warning !! The Horizontal tranmisson of C-Band went very fine and okay without any bleak of fault, but why not to that Vertical mode ???!!!??? Yep, I was told much earlier that the Vertical tranmission has been in various troubles at recent years after the then-called PAS 8 ( now Intelsat 8 ) satellite's transponder of Vertical tranmission was severly damaged after launch into orbit at 36,000 kms away from our land of Earth by rather seemingly unsteady and quite uncaring stupid rocket . . .
    Well, if you have got any today's problem of Intelsat 8's C-Band tranmission to receive the Vert. channels such as KBS World, etc, then please report it here and gives other of your thoughts regarding about Vertical tranmission of Intelsat 8, C-Band only. The Ku-Band tranmission either H/V is totally unaffected.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chanceforlove View Post
    Today later this night ( Sunday 23rd March ) at approximately 9:55pm, the C-Band of Vertical tranmission has been bursted out unwittingly and the signal went black without warning !! The Horizontal tranmisson of C-Band went very fine and okay without any bleak of fault, but why not to that Vertical mode ???!!!??? Yep, I was told much earlier that the Vertical tranmission has been in various troubles at recent years after the then-called PAS 8 ( now Intelsat 8 ) satellite's transponder of Vertical tranmission was severly damaged after launch into orbit at 36,000 kms away from our land of Earth by rather seemingly unsteady and quite uncaring stupid rocket . . .
    Well, if you have got any today's problem of Intelsat 8's C-Band tranmission to receive the Vert. channels such as KBS World, etc, then please report it here and gives other of your thoughts regarding about Vertical tranmission of Intelsat 8, C-Band only. The Ku-Band tranmission either H/V is totally unaffected.
    I am recieving vertical C band transmissions as normal.

Thanks

Intelsat 8 is fine atm, is your dish out of alignment or lnb got a spider over it

Thanks

The V polarity in your LNB is dead, is my bet. Don't blame the satellite.

Thanks

I had that once....except the polaritys changed...all the signals disappeared. I simply blind scanned again, and all the transponders came up with the opposite polarity than what it should've been. Quick rotation of the LNB fixed that

Thanks

Default Is that so ?? I'll fix it up in no time !

Thanks for your replies. Well, think that my LNB's V tranmission is dead ?!? Okay, I'll see what it has stuck me down - Please leave me to fix it up and I'll post ya all for my result within few hours. Thanks.

Thanks

Default Faulty LNB possibly ??

I removed the C-Band LNB ( 5150 ) from my solid STRONG C-Band sat dish ( 180cm ) tonight, and will go to sat shop in Edithvale, and deal with it. I will buy another new one and have the faulty item to be fully repaired by STRONG technology at Hallam. Will reveal some result tomorrow at least.

Thanks

satplus, edithvale? philip is a top bloke.

Thanks

Is that so ? I firstly met Philip there last year and going places ! Well, I've told him to have my faulty LNB serviced by STRONG Technologic, and bought a new Zinwell C-Band Dual Polarity LNBF ZCF-D21A ( I/P Freq :- 3.4~4.2 GHz O/P Freq :- 950~1750 MHz Gain :- 65 dB Noise Temp :- 15K Max ) for $28. Now it's raining outside and will complete the installation late tonight or daytime tomorrow.

Thanks

Default Found it's problem discussed here !

Regarding about the current problem with my SRT 4652 sat receiver, as what I've thought that old C-Band LNB is the major reason for failing to receive the Vertical tranmission of C-Band - BUT I was wrong !!! The new today's already-bought Zinwell C-Band LNB does do the same with failing to receive Vertical tranmission . . . The main trouble cames from my receiver that was patched with whopping 192p version therefore has destroyed the intake of Vertical tranmission as the Horziontal tranmission is left quite intact without problem !!!!!!! ( Vert. C-Band only affected with BISS-scrambled KBS World and TVBS Asia of same V.tranmission with Viaccess scrambled which both of them has been unscrambled, and left it on for more than 12 hours for DVD recording ! ). But never on Ku-Band at either H/V tranmission - How bizarre !! I can't comply to feeling how does that downloaded patched has unwittingly tempered my poor 2-years-old sat receiver !! But, last time I has had 168p version downloaded to this receiver and it demonstrate the unscrambled channels without problem, not even at one tick nor any troubles for a month ! That's great stuff but why not at that 192p version ?!?! I think my partially-doomed receiver must be fully replaced with updated 193p version from other source, not from that same source who pumped the 'virus-abided' 192p version in my precious thing ! Does that has happen to your receivers after being downloaded for 'p' with seemingly virus pumped into it ??

Thanks

Try 193p in the receiver. Seems wierd that 192p develops a problem, had no problems here at all.

Thanks

That's not all the trouble with IS8 Vertical signal,about 8 or 9 years ago the sat went out into tailspin and every Tarbs subbies were hysterical (couldn't happen at a better time,I think nearly xmas time) the reflectors on the vertical transponders have been damaged-you can test this by comparing the vertical signals off IS2.As for Zinwell lnbfs,you pay for what you get.I invested on a more reliable brand Gardiner or Calamp and never looked back since..Also,you need a bigger dish for IS8,you cannot get the same threshold as IS2..

Thanks

Default Problem finally solved at last !

Thanks for all your replies with vast of grand supporting here and there. Yes, the main problem developed out just immediately after my two sat decoders ( STRONG 4652 and PowerVU D9834 ) was connected by two-ways splitter from single C-Band LNB as the power-on from standard 240 Volt being plugged in for two decoders was turned on at the same time therefore the Vertical tranmission of Strong decoder has lost the power LNB connection and only left Horziontal tranmission being activated. Very bizarre ! I have turned the PowerVU decoder off, and then sudden the Vert. tranmission in C-Band working back on !!!! I found that the problem came from that Japanese-made two-ways splitter ( DX ANTENNA CSD-72L-B ) which my two decoders receiving C-Band signals from that, and the same-time power-on decoders pushed the power-sharing out to bay ! I've learned a different lesson ! Sometimes any ranges of splitters can be unwittingly deceived. I bought a newest LNB ( Zinwell ) and now placed on my 180cm C-Band antenna, and have that old LNB for future alternative to replace Zinwell LNB someday . . .

Thanks

yeah. try a dual output LNB if you want both receivers to be able to get V and H.

Thanks

Thank you for your advice, big mick000. I'll buy it.