Thread: Ness D16x Questions

Thanks

Default Ness D16x Questions

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade our alarm from an FAI SGIII to something like a Ness D16x and have the following questions:

- Can anyone comment on what the Ness D16x is like in terms of connecting radio-PIRs with the additional radio interface? Is this unit easy to install & program in this respect? Do wired and unwired areas interface well? Would you recommend running the D16x in wireless mode only? I'm looking at having a wireless area due to geographical constraints (I guess ideally I need a look at the installer manual prior to purchasing the panel to see if the system I want is possible).

- If I program radio keyfob (eg:RK3's) to use with the D16x, do these count as devices (ie: could I only have one keyfob if I had 15 PIRs)?

- Am I correct in thinking the powerpack they supply is supposed to be for continuous 'mains' power and the internal battery for backup purposes only?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade our alarm from an FAI SGIII to something like a Ness D16x and have the following questions:Why upgrade you already have radio

- Can anyone comment on what the Ness D16x is like in terms of connecting radio-PIRs with the additional radio interface? Interface plugs into main board Is this unit easy to install & program in this respect? Basic Programming Do wired and unwired areas interface well? [B]Yes [[/B
    Would you recommend running the D16x in wireless mode only? Only use wireless if cant run hardwireI'm looking at having a wireless area due to geographical constraints (I guess ideally I need a look at the installer manual prior to purchasing the panel to see if the system I want is possible).

- If I program radio keyfob (eg:RK3's) to use with the D16x, do these count as devices NO (ie: could I only have one keyfob if I had 15 PIRs)?

- Am I correct in thinking the powerpack they supply is supposed to be for continuous 'mains' power and the internal battery for backup purposes only?

Backup Battery is constatly Charged by Panel but accessories powered through panel when panel loses power battery takes over

Thanks in advance