So there's alot of talk going on about 3d gaming and the fact you need a 3d or 120Hz monitor, well its not true. You can 3d game with a normal monitor as lond as your gpu can handle it. It must be a fairly recent gpu but i have found a way to do it with either Nvidia or Ati cards. Mkae sure you have the latest driver and software for your gpu aswell. Both ways use the anaglyphic glasses.

I havent used the Nvidia (as i own an Ati card) But this is how you would go about it.

1) enable stereoscopic 3D in the nvidia control panel
2) click on '3D vision discover' ,next
3)put your glasses on and look at the larger box and follow on screen instructions by choosing the left image then the right image follow instructions
through to the end and you'll get a series of images 'very cool' watch them a couple of times to let your eyes adjust
(apparently if there is too much ghost effect try a double red lens this seems to eliminate the problem)

just make sure the 'hide stereoscopic 3D effects when game starts' box is not checked exit and play a game there's a list of games that wor with it in the nvidia control panel

Sound easy right???

People with Ati cards.

Go here and download IZ3D driver

Run it and when you get to this step, choose anaglyph

Then when you get to this make sure you tick these.

Once you are in the control panel, choose the colour of your glasses

now fire up a game that has a colorful static screenshot at the main menu. Preferably with good visible foreground and background images. The IZ3D wizard should be on and asking you if you see a stereo image. choose yes and continue through the wizard setup to line up the pictures correctly. You will be using the keys on your numberpad. Once you have it all set up, game on!
There are some drawbacks. Like said before, your games will not be popping off your monitor but there is a much more added sense of depth. Also you need a good vid card that can support dual monitors. They suggest a Radeon 4870 or better .You will not be playing like this for a long time. It may be just me but I have found it to be stressful on the eyes and headache inducing. Also, games with a lot of darkness and shadows don't work so well. But Battlefield 2 blew my mind.

Goodluck and would love to hear how it goes for you (especially nvidia users).