Hi all..
Well i done it again...i got another el cheapo gps...
last time i got a gps it was a altina or marbella depends on the badge..
and still have it running.... even if the map upgrade and sd file fix was a nightmare....

This time i got a 3.5 inch $89 aldi sold china made special..
i got the 3.5 inch one cause the $129 4.3 inch ran out and on the day no one in the store knew where the new ones had been put..
however someone knew where the 3.5inch ones had been put...
and i beleive our store has a few left as of...friday 14/may 2010.

So i got 1 for the wife....
what impressed me right off from opening and starting up...the gps has a better sat finder..ant...than my altina...
there is no ant to lift or fold out...its inbuilt...its fast...and quick...

2nd thing i noticed...is reported speed to real speed...its dam close...mine shows 2-4km out at worse....so that is brilliant..

I threw my sd mem from mp3 and other gps in..which had video...pictures...music mp3...it played all brilliantly..no issues
you can not ask for more than that...

I also noticed battery got full charge quickly from car cig lighter..and tested the unit by leaving in the usb charger lead to cig plug with adapter...and its default is set perfect for on and off and stnad by and shut down.
tick the box for that also.

Time set good as well...
only played with it in 2d mode and night mode..but i like it

From memory the altina had desinator 6...and was slow to load...
and this igo 8....loads fast....dam fast.
and igo 8....is brilliant for on screen layout and facts it gives.

I looked at the site or 2 ...and it states igo 8 ..8.2...8.4 should all work on my altina...unit...
my altina unit has a wince net core 4.2..its a marbella nav 5210 or altina a600

So if anyone has tried out igo on that unit ..i love to hear about it
thanks...

Now the new gps...$89 specail..gps 53503 part 1207 says it has map v r17 sensis which is the latest maps..i beleive too.
is there going to be issues with sensis map updates for igo 8XXXXXX ?

Also the new unit does not use any sd memory for maps or running the program...like the altina...dam good

I tried to go to the naviextra's site...and download the tools ...which i did ..a 8 meg file...
I have joined the site..
And i visited the navNgo site...
Our little beast is not listed in the sellection choice ...

When i tried the tools ..they did not work...has anyone managed to use the tools on there 53503 3.5inch go cruise ?

I want to back it up...and when i throw it in the usb on my vista..it finds and connects it as gps unit...however it finds 3 partitions
1 the removable..
1 the os
1 the program

how can i back it all up...? given the tools dont work...the tools does not find a new version of tools...so i assume the version is the latest..

i going to reinstall tools...and revisit the site and log on and see if there any changes..but i also dl-ed the how to from the site..and did not miss any steps..
But i willing to get advice..i want to fully back up the unit main thing...

Anyway..thats my few questions..many thanks

phil