Thread: "Estimated" Electricity Bills

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Angry "Estimated" Electricity Bills

I'm sure other people sometimes get 'Estimated' Electricity bills.

I used to get the occasional one, but now my last 3 bills have all been estimated. The wield thing is that the 3rd E bill was half the price of the 2nd E bill.

Isn't there some rule where you can demand they get off their arse and read the meter?
    * Bill Paxton is the only actor to be killed by Alien, a Terminator, and the Predator.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bambbbam For This Useful Post:

officemanager (16-05-10)

3. Look Here ->
    Thanks

Actually you can ring up and give them a meter reading. I always make sure I do this before the summer price increase, because for some strange reason they like to make up the gap during this time. Not saying they do it on purpose, just stating the facts.

I dont think I've had the guys around here for at least two years now.
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roguefan99 For This Useful Post:

bambbbam (16-05-10),OSIRUS (16-05-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bambbbam View Post
    I'm sure other people sometimes get 'Estimated' Electricity bills.

I used to get the occasional one, but now my last 3 bills have all been estimated. The wield thing is that the 3rd E bill was half the price of the 2nd E bill.

Isn't there some rule where you can demand they get off their arse and read the meter?
    You can request your meter to be read but i would be more inclined to ask them why the estimated reading.

My mother years ago had her reading estimated for two years before she realised, turned out they owed her money and quess what... they only reimbursed her by taking the amount of future bills... shifty buggers.

Thanks

i just got an energy bill from SYNERY (our elect suppliers) for over $1245 because of the way they estimated the usage but after some ****** it turned out to be $385 all because there staff are incapable of doing there job right.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

It appears in NSW you can insist on a meter reading, after all you are paying a fee for it to be done.
    They claimed that they dont but there is a service charge per unit used that is supposed to cover all of their odd little fees.
    I refuse to read my meter as its the old style clock type and you need to know how they interperate each hand.
    They estimated my last Bill claiming that 'Inclement weather' prevented them from allocating 'resourses', ie a meter reader to read the bloody thing.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

osci (18-05-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    It appears in NSW you can insist on a meter reading, after all you are paying a fee for it to be done.
    They claimed that they dont but there is a service charge per unit used that is supposed to cover all of their odd little fees.
    I refuse to read my meter as its the old style clock type and you need to know how they interperate each hand.
    They estimated my last Bill claiming that 'Inclement weather' prevented them from allocating 'resourses', ie a meter reader to read the bloody thing.
    Oh how quaint of them Grodon
    Democracy & Ignorance = A Winning Combination