Thread: Diablo Cam - Help!

Thanks

Question Diablo Cam - Help!

Hi!

I have a Diablo light cam, which I have upgraded with Stealth 4.23 and the latest keys.bin file, using Duolabs Cas 3+. However, my CI slot recognises Diablo Cam, but not either Irdeto 2 or Conax cards. Do you put the card in with the arrow pointing away and face down into the Diablo cam?

Regards

khana

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Looking from the front of Cam into slot, there is a fat and skinny side, Card goes in with arrow pointing into box, with chip facing towards fat side of Cam.

Hope that explains it for you.

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 742 Posts

Picture faces up for the cam
    The cards contacts also face upwards.
    You can go into config and check your card. I t will show atr etc.
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Thanks

Unhappy Diablo Cam 101

Thanks, guys! I still can't get the cards to work. I put in my SelecTV card in, with the Diablo Cam put inserted picture up, and configured to be on for all Cams, including Irdeto, and the card put in with chip up and arrow away from me. However, when I look at the menu at the cards, it says something like 1 and 2, then ATR, but nothing happens when I click ATR. I assume that the card is not functioning in the Cam; certainly no descrambling occurs. The card is working fine in my Strong CI slot! What am I doing wrong? khana

Thanks

The Diablo cam is not very compatible with some strong boxes including the 4658X probably due to the fact that the internal slot already is a multi CAS.

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 742 Posts

I run a Diablo cam in a Strong 4658x with no problems I did have select tv before I switched back to Fox (NDS). I run goldcards, the old Gamma in the cam (asking for Irdeto). You must select cards before emu. Turn off all encyptions except Irdeto. Make sure your strong is getting the freq. Watch a FTA on pas8 to prove. There actually is a select tv channel (info) that you can compare with.
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Thanks

Question Still problems with card in Diablo Cam

I too have a Strong 4658X box, running well with my SelecTV card. I inserted the SelecTV card in the Diablo Cam, with the arrow pointing away and the microchip facing up. The Cam was recognised in the menu, which said Stealth x.xx (can't remember the exact update), then in the cards menu there were something like emu 1 and 2, with ATR when each of them was clicked, but nothing further! The SelecTV channels were not descrambled, even when I tried to initialise the card on a FTA channel. Things worked fine when I returned the card into the Strong CI slot. What am I doing wrong? Is there something wrong in the card part of the Diablo Cam hardware? khana

Quote Originally Posted by Saintaholic View Post
    I run a Diablo cam in a Strong 4658x with no problems I did have select tv before I switched back to Fox (NDS). I run goldcards, the old Gamma in the cam (asking for Irdeto). You must select cards before emu. Turn off all encyptions except Irdeto. Make sure your strong is getting the freq. Watch a FTA on pas8 to prove. There actually is a select tv channel (info) that you can compare with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saintaholic View Post
    Turn off all encyptions except Irdeto. Make sure your strong is getting the freq. Watch a FTA on pas8 to prove. There actually is a select tv channel (info) that you can compare with.
    Did you follow the instructions above, particularly "Turn off all encyptions except Irdeto"?
    Turn off anything emu related also!
    Last edited by TurnKey; 28-03-08 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Fingers faster than brain!

Thanks

Question

I will do that. However, I would have thought that the card should still have been recognized, with some sort of on-screen message acknowledging that in the card section of the Diablo Cam. Also, I am rather confused about the menu saying that there are two embedded ?card slots/?emus (sorry, I am at work and can't remember the exact words), as the Cam has clearly one card slot!