Thread: Exetel Feedback

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Exetel Feedback

I am looking for an ISP who has an 8 mb plan at a decent price. I am not a big downloader , but when I do download something I want it as fast as I can get it

Exetel's 8mb prices are more than reasonable , but it seems they have a 6 month contract. I am not big on contracts , so would be interested to hear some feedback from Exetel users.

TIA

Look Here ->
    Thanks

arent all 8mb pricing steep? all have to do with what Telstra charges everyone else isnt it?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Just did a re-read and realised that I wouldnt be on contract if I churn.

nerd1 , I am looking at their " telN " plan.

Thanks

Hi Mate been with exetel for about 3yrs and jumped on there 8mb plan as soon as it was released pretty good speeds and minimal drop out pretty helpful with faults alot better now, then they used to be. Just as a example i can pull down a gig in 15mins if running full speed just to note thou i did abit of research and found all they do is open your line right up so if you have a crappy line to the exchange or you live a fair distance away from the exchange then the speed is going to differ i live very close to me exchange where my parents dont and they are better off getting the 1.5mb plan because on the 8mb planned they where getting a little better then 1.5 speeds anyways exetel compared to the rest have resonable prices and lots of my friends are with them with no complaints, dowload limits are good just have to handle the on peak , off peak limits which scheduling can do easy also they a special feature called "fair play" for the online gamers Also they have Static IP but there is one downside i believe they throttle Torrent downloads or P2P downloads but there are ways around that anyways hope this helps

Thanks

I have been with exetel for 3 months now and no complaints. have been on 8mb connection for 2 months. 1.5mb b4 hand. I have only good words for them. Never a dull moment on my48/48 connection. I share my connection through
    the house using wifi. No complaints there!
    Sharing makes it a bit cheaper if you dont mind sharing

Thanks

Hi, I am with exetel, good provider, bu a freind was considering this see link