Thread: Mac OSX 10.6 Install DVD

Thanks

Default Mac OSX 10.6 Install DVD

I have downloaded and burned several dvd images in hope to try and install OSX or at least use the disk utility to format a HDD, but each DVD image won't boot. Is a normal PC even capable of booting a OSX DVD.

Next step is to buy the DVD but if it won't boot either then it's a waste of money.

I have OSX 10.6.2 running via VMware fine. I'm guessing at this point bios doesn't allow it to boot these disks.

Can someone explain why.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

This will give you a heap of info. basically you can use a PC but you need to emulate the boot rom of a Mac. It is worth the effort, as once you get it working it's a great system

Thanks

Thanks, I have poked around that site and many others now over the past few weeks. But being stuck with these iso's and dmg's and .cdr's that I can't burn properly drives me nuts.

At the moment I am trying a Snow Leopard install from the VMware version I have running. It's almost finished installing, then next is to work out how to make it bootable. I downloaded so many pre installers, and linux boot iso which are supposed to do it, but with these 'possible' faulty ISOs I can't see myself going further.

I was just at JB Hifi earlier tossing up buying 10.6 which was $39. I didn't just yet which I try a few more step in the huge ammount of guides out there.

Thanks

Try download IPC OSX 86 Final PPF5 and when it boots if you get issues try booting with -v -x -f, otherwise if it does boot, you have to have a partition or a drive and erase the disk not format it with jouled. then you can install it. I have it finally working on my pc, and it works a treat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skozzy View Post
    Thanks, I have poked around that site and many others now over the past few weeks. But being stuck with these iso's and dmg's and .cdr's that I can't burn properly drives me nuts.

At the moment I am trying a Snow Leopard install from the VMware version I have running. It's almost finished installing, then next is to work out how to make it bootable. I downloaded so many pre installers, and linux boot iso which are supposed to do it, but with these 'possible' faulty ISOs I can't see myself going further.

I was just at JB Hifi earlier tossing up buying 10.6 which was $39. I didn't just yet which I try a few more step in the huge ammount of guides out there.
    I'm not sure what your hardware is but this guide and boot cd works perfectly on a few similar gigabyte motherboards. It is worth sussing out an install guide specifically for the hardware you have NOT every hardware combination will work you need to be somewhere near the type of hardware specs OSX is intended for if you want an easy setup.

cheers

Thanks

NB You need something like chameleon installed on your boot drive as this emulates the boot ROM in a real mac

Thanks

This is just what you want I reckon

Cheers