Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 12567v C1 new vast channels for south east

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    If their (VAST) are like the Regional Terrestial EPG's, I wouldnt hold my breathe too much.
    It took ages before the EPG's appeared and even now I see blanks or just bare details.

Mabbbe they done rekons usun coutryfied folk don need to crowd us poor heads with all that there folderol.
    Ifn theres loud lafter, its a Comody, ifn theres weepin',wailin',cryin its a Soapy or ifn use has a slick fella like Sam the Snake Oil Saleman a'speakins, Then its Game Show !!
    Simple for Simple Folk.
    F%$%&&N Funniest thing i have read in yonks, thanks gordon, that brightened my day roflmao
    Don't let the number of posts fool you :-)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Videosat confirmed today when I called them that the new VAST boxes arrived today and they will be sending them out ASAP

Thanks

I got an email from satplus VIC today,they expect stock in September

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by husky61 View Post
    I got an email from satplus VIC today,they expect stock in September
    did you prepay a month ago for the current shipment?

Thanks

no, just an enquiry if they had stock or when they would have stock.
    Cheers husky61

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Great to see them appearing on the market at last but the $64 question still remains, WHEN will we see permission for them to be activated and under what conditions??
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Great to see them appearing on the market at last but the $64 question still remains, WHEN will we see permission for them to be activated and under what conditions??
    For me the issue is a simple one. All current authorised Aurora subscribers in the eastern/southern footprint should be allowed to transfer accross to VAST. By my reading, they satisfy all of the elibibility requirements; VAST will be the designated service for remote and terrestrial blackspots after July 1.

The Mildura/Sunraysia service when originally announced was scoped to provide a mux of Melbourne based capital city services to this region. This concept has now been modified to provide a 'one size fits all' service for NT, Qld, NSW, TAS, SA.

Talk of maintaining the existing mandated timelines for digital conversion, ie 2013 for remote veiwers etc, is distubing. Another 3 years of crappy analouguey, low res, 4:3 Aurora - no way Hose!

Regionally based digital re-transmission sites (at least in remote Australia) will also become an anachronism due to the cost of delivery for 15 or so services. An 85cm dish and sat set top box for individual households is no big deal, apart from the cost which I'm sure will disadvantage some viewers. However if you consider that Austar has about a 50% coverage of all households in outback NT and Qld, installation costs for many folks will be minimal (dual output LNB for those that don't alreay have them).

Finally, I'm not totally convinced about the long term viability of digital terrestrial services in major centres, either. This may sound a bit wacky but a lot of sites are plagued by lack of bandwidth. Take Cairns for example, where my daughter lives and material is supplied by the fibre optic cable; there are two issues here, firstly the terrain is such that about 40% of residents have no or inadequate digital reception but also the PQ has declined markedly since the additional services were introduced - WIN's high def channel is a classic example, practically no HD quality. Individual 85cm sat dishes with FTA Mpeg 4 services would be a practicle solution to both the terrain issue and poor quality due to compression.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

pc9, you have my total agreement with your comments and this is not just an issue in remote or regional areas either.
    There are going to be areas within Metropolitian areas like Sydney that will need this access.
    Its obvious the old ACMA Aurora coverage maps are now woefully out of date as Cities and towns have grown and significantly large numbers of people are living in areas that were 10 years open farming land.
    Currently there are moves in NSW to pay people a grant of $7000 to move out of the city to country areas.
    Wonderfull idea but this will acebate the situation more if the 'New' areas opened up are not in the range of a translator as most are only designed to cover a few square kilometres.
    No TV, poor mobile and possibly no Broadband either wont go down well with anyone considering the option to move.
    There have been posting by others who have moved to new estates and they have found the facilities very poor.
    One said the landline installed was some sort of 'Paired' system so they were unable to access ADSL.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 23-06-10 at 01:10 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Hi All..
    Just like to know what details do I need to put into a digital box, or is it better just to do a blind scan..

Rob

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Boof...do you have an HD receiver...if not, your wasting your time. Further, if you don't have the vast card, again, a waste of time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post
    Boof...do you have an HD receiver...if not, your wasting your time. Further, if you don't have the vast card, again, a waste of time.
    Yep do, MediastarHD box.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

see post 3

Thanks

Thanks, did it, and very interesting, all those channels are still only irdeto, I was under some idea that it, if digital should be DVB-S Irdeto Videoguard. And just to add to this Foxtel has been transmmitting SE (ch10,7,9,SBS,ABC) on their Satellite for a while, maybe this is where VAST is getting the stream from. Food for thought.

Thanks

The stream is not from Foxtel - they dont have various state versions of ABC 2,3 or ABC 24 - nor do that have state versions of SBS 2 - nor do they have the WA channels, Imparja, or Central 7

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boof View Post
    Thanks, did it, and very interesting, all those channels are still only irdeto, I was under some idea that it, if digital should be DVB-S Irdeto Videoguard. And just to add to this Foxtel has been transmmitting SE (ch10,7,9,SBS,ABC) on their Satellite for a while, maybe this is where VAST is getting the stream from. Food for thought.
    Use this is a guide;

All Freeview channels that are marked with just Videoguard are for Foxtel card holders only. Freeview channels with just Irdeto 2 are for VAST card holders. Lastly, Freevew channels with both Irdeto 1 and Irdeto 2 are for Aurora card holders.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smacca View Post
    Use this is a guide;

All Freeview channels that are marked with just Videoguard are for Foxtel card holders only. Freeview channels with just Irdeto 2 are for VAST card holders. Lastly, Freevew channels with both Irdeto 1 and Irdeto 2 are for Aurora card holders.
    Or an even better guide would be to just look at the PROVIDER tag for every channel and it will clearly indicate Foxtel for the FTA stations transmitted for Foxtel/Austar (although commerical channels are NDS only for Foxtel only and the ABC/SBS are in both Irdeto2/NDS for both Austar and Foxtel).
    The OP provider channels are for Aurora (all both Irdeto1 and Irdeto2).
    All the channels with provider tag of ABC, Central Digital Television, Imparja Television, PRIME, SBS, SC Media, SCB, WIN Television, WIN TV are all VAST channels using Irdeto2 only.

It's not rocket science. Each service uses completely different transponders from each other as they are provisioned from completely different providers.

Foxtel FTA transponders:
    12052V
    12094V
    Foxtel/Austar FTA transponders:
    12135V
    12177V

Aurora FTA transponders:
    12407V
    12527V
    12728V

VAST FTA transponders:
    12367V
    12447V
    12487V
    12567V
    12607V
    12647V

Thanks

Ok,, Sorry to not understand, it was only a idea, as Austar, fortel Aurara and now Vast use the same Satellite thats is owned by Optus, all transponders can be used, so as fotell has all se channels on, why not use them, imp and scn and Gwn are all still on the same satellite, so if u are given the rights to all channels, you can get them.

Agan, sorry for asking a question.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boof View Post
    Ok,, Sorry to not understand, it was only a idea, as Austar, fortel Aurara and now Vast use the same Satellite thats is owned by Optus, all transponders can be used, so as fotell has all se channels on, why not use them, imp and scn and Gwn are all still on the same satellite, so if u are given the rights to all channels, you can get them.
    That only works in an ideal world. Each provider however wants to manage their own channels regardless if they are duplicates of other channels on the same satellite. There are issues of EPG data, NIT scanning (which can only work with one provider for each transponder) etc that prevent sharing of channels between providers.
    Also the commerical FTA stations on Foxtel are completely different capital city station broadcasts from the regional FTA station broadcasts transmitted on VAST/Aurora.

• Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789