I've recently had a solar HW system installed. Its the flat collector with roof mounted tank. I had a few concerns right from the start as the only available north facing roof space was at the opposite end of the house from where the electric hot water was installed. The original HWS was located under the house off the garage & was fairly close to the bathrooms with the kitchen being the longest run. The new one is above the kitchen with the bathrooms being the furthest away. The water temp in the bathrooms is just right with NO cold water mixed in but this means that all the water used is hot water & I'm running out.
Ive turned the hydrostatic mixing valve at the tank completely off & adjusted the thermostatic temp control right up but with very little noticable difference. I seem to recall that legislation required a limit to how hot the thermostatic temp control would go. Is this correct ? I realise that things will get better in summer but how do I get the temperature up right now ?