Thread: DiSEqC 4 x 1 Switch problem

Thanks

Unhappy DiSEqC 4 x 1 Switch problem

Guys,
    I'm ripping my hair out!
    I have four satellite receivers. Each has a 4x1 DiSEqC switch connected to a port of a 4 port 10700 LNB’s on three separate dishes pointing to C1/D3, D2 and PAS8.
    Each LNB is selected correctly as I have diagnosed with a satfinder. The problem is there seems to be mixing of the signals from the LNB’s. If I disconnect the other two LNB’s (whichever two) the lnb works fine. If I reconnect them I loose locks on some transponders, and all of them have very low signal strength (i.e. with no other LNB’s connected to the switch the signal strength/quality will be around 95%, when reconnecting the others, even one extra, the strength and quality drop to 45-50%).
    What’s going on? Is there crosstalk between LNB ports on the switch?
    I’ll give you an example. I select D2 (port 3 of the switch) and do a scan of the whole sat. I’ll only get about 4 transponders and get this, the 12407/30000/V transponder is actually displaying the C1’s content which is on port 2 of the switch(low quality). The 4 transponders that it had managed to scan are the D2 ones.
    Weird, huh?

Vlad...

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink 3 Satellites x 4 boxes via 4 x 1 DiSEqC Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Guys,
    I'm ripping my hair out!
    I have four satellite receivers. Each has a 4x1 DiSEqC switch connected to a port of a 4 port 10700 LNB’s on three separate dishes pointing to C1/D3, D2 and PAS8.
    Each LNB is selected correctly as I have diagnosed with a satfinder. The problem is there seems to be mixing of the signals from the LNB’s. If I disconnect the other two LNB’s (whichever two) the lnb works fine. If I reconnect them I loose locks on some transponders, and all of them have very low signal strength (i.e. with no other LNB’s connected to the switch the signal strength/quality will be around 95%, when reconnecting the others, even one extra, the strength and quality drop to 45-50%).
    What’s going on? Is there crosstalk between LNB ports on the switch?
    I’ll give you an example. I select D2 (port 3 of the switch) and do a scan of the whole sat. I’ll only get about 4 transponders and get this, the 12407/30000/V transponder is actually displaying the C1’s content which is on port 2 of the switch(low quality). The 4 transponders that it had managed to scan are the D2 ones.
    Weird, huh?

Vlad...
    G'Day Cobber,
    Just to clarify your set up, is this it? Exactly, as there are other possibilities.

If so, check if your LNBs are Quad, Quatro or Universal?
    Can cause all sorts of strange behaviour.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Last edited by beer4life; 28-05-10 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Me head fell off!