Thread: IGO8 and Bluetooth

Thanks

Default IGO8 and Bluetooth

Hi, I'm running Igo8.3.2 on a chinese 7" PNA and would like the bluetooth working a bit better.

The PNA has bluetooth handsfree from its startup menu but when you are in IGO8 and recieve a call the blutooth menu screen pops up and you cannot see the navigation screen.

I have noticed that on the navigation screen of IGO8 that there is a greyed out bluetooth symbol. Is there some way to activate blutooth handsfree through Igo and not the PNA's built in software? A SYS.TXT edit maybe.

Or is there another solution I'm unaware of?

ANy help would be great Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

What skin are you using if any, i had edited Riks earlier skins to add Bluetooth in iGO
    First you need to know what bluetooth module and what points to it
    Then you need to unzip the data.zip or skin.zip depending on if you are running a skin or not
    What you would be looking for is a ui file in the resolution of the size you are running
    For me is this file - navigatemap_480_272.ui
    Maybe your res is this - navigatemap_800_480.ui

Then look for bluetooth, edit the Push, and on release and what it points to, its note easy for a novice but not that hard either

Mine was edited to look like this on a Mio C520

<BUTTON btn_CSBTMIO template=footer4_4a z=2 text="Bluetooth" onrelease='START_APPLICATION "\Windows\miobtm.exe" "-phoneui"' hide>

Now on my Dads Navman S150 (480x272) i had to add the phoneui.exe program, then point to that, so his looked like this

<BUTTON btn_CSMP3 template=footer4_3a z=3 text="Blue\nTooth" onrelease='START_APPLICATION "\Storage Card\igo8\phoneui.exe" ""' hide>

I had to put his Bluetooth button in a different location thats why "template=footer has different values, and had to point it to phoneui.exe which automaticlly runs his bluetooth, where my MioC520 points to "miobtm.exe" and hides -phoneui

Riks later skins added to Bluetooth button, but his skins are only 480x272
    I think Dimka skins also adds a bluetooth button, and i am pretty sure its in multi resolutions, but i didnt like his skins, it made the map screen to busy looking and changed it to much, so i never really played with it
    Last edited by Jaz808; 31-05-10 at 04:16 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Jaz808 For This Useful Post:

mattyg (31-05-10)

Thanks

Not using a skin yet. Just want good functionality first. I looked at dimkas skins and didnt like them either. Yeah my res is 800 x 480.

Found my way to the right ui folder but i think it will take me a while to sort out the commands - i havent really done this before.

Thanks heaps for the info. Hopefully i can look at it tomorrow. Ill keep you posted on how I go.

Cheers

Thanks

Since i dont have a 800x480 unit i cant try or test as it wouldnt take me long to do it
    As i said Phoneui.exe is a program that can talk to bluetooth, i will find it and upload it for you

Just extract that file only out (navigatemap_800_480.ui) with WinZip Not WinRar or 7Zip, it will be in a Folder, in a Folder, then the file
    Once you have opened the file in notepad and made the changes, drop the whole folder back onto the Data.zip file and and WinZip should ask if you want to Repalce

Thanks

Thanks again. The phoneui.exe would be great.
    I was super busy today so didnt get a chance to play with the settings.
    If i get this working i will make a tutorial for getting 7" divices up and running with all the information in one place.

Thanks

Default Bluetooth on Primo

I have a MyGuide 4328 which has bluetooth but how can i get it working on my unit which is running Primo.

Thanks

to mattyg have you tried your gps outside of the city on country roads