Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chinese GPS reviews

Thanks

Default 7"inch gps

Hi every body ive got a 7" hd gps with wince 6 128mg of ram and a 32gb sdcard for the nav software running ndrive,sigic,igo-8,primo 1.1,amigo,destinator9,route66 v9 and oziexplorer and it works bloody well and here Ive had it for a couple of months and am very happy with it

Thanks

Nice one Rastus, in the description of that item you linked to it says 16gb maximum card (and micro TF), so the dude might want to update his listing if it works with the 32 :-)

Thanks

Anyone got any opinion on this one?

Thanks

Default Chinese GPS and TMC problems.

Hi Guys,

A "whingeing" Pomme here,

My chinese GPS is driving me batty, yes, FM out and BT both work if you switch them on before running iGO8. But try as I might I cant get the in built TMC to work, Igo wont recognise or accept the TMC hardware exists.

Any ideas ???

Thanks

For all who have chinese gps product running YF firmware, you might want to checkout the following sites: and and FM transmitter fix:

Thanks

Default 6 inch WinCE5 GPS w Bluetooth and FM - no AVin

WinCE Home screen is accessible from the second Menu screen.

It's v5.00 Build 1400 on May 5 2010.

The only way to get to the second Menu screen is to slide your finger up the screen - the buttons on the far right don't do anything.

You can access the Menu Screen from any application instantly by a short press of the Power Button.

You can set Time and date and Timezone from a Main Menu Button - but you can't select Daylight Saving for that Timezone !

To select Automatic Daylight Saving, you have to goto WinCE - System - Date/Time.

You can't set the Owner Info from the Main Menu, but you can from WinCE - System - Owner.

AVin does NOT work - I only bought this because it claims to have A/V in.

The A/V port is not blocked.

I have tried all possible connections on the 4-conductor plug.

I have tried with PAL and NTSC Reversing Cameras - BOTH of these work with my 5" GPS.

WINCE reports 56692 kb of RAM - it's NOT the 128k that DX advertise !!

It only comes with USA maps running Amigo.

• 26-12-10, 01:32 AM

Reason
    Spam

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeausa View Post

The only way to get to the second Menu screen is to slide your finger up the screen - the buttons on the far right don't do anything.

You can access the Menu Screen from any application instantly by a short press of the Power Button.

You can set Time and date and Timezone from a Main Menu Button - but you can't select Daylight Saving for that Timezone !

To select Automatic Daylight Saving, you have to goto WinCE - System - Date/Time.

You can't set the Owner Info from the Main Menu, but you can from WinCE - System - Owner.

I have tried with PAL and NTSC Reversing Cameras - BOTH of these work with my 5" GPS.

hello mike i have this one in silver

i tried to start it without the menu and with primo and made an error with editing,i can only see a startup screen now

could you give me the firmware version so i can look for it on this forum

thanks in advance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terrancio View Post
    Hi,
    I have a Chinese unit from Deal Extreme. My problem is that the screen is nowhere near bright enough. Even on a dull day I can't see the display.
    On a sunny day no way at all.

I have adjusted the backlight setting up as high as it will go.
    Is there something I am missing, or some other way to make it brighter?
    Obviously it's pretty useless if I can't see it in daylight.

Thanks for any help
    Can't offer any help except to say I bought a 7" Chinese GPS which works fine but also has low screen brightness. After a lot of correspondence including images of the unit compared to another GPS I have (an Omnitech), I got a return authorization and sent it back. Haven't heard anything from them yet. If they give me a refend, I would still be reluctant to buy another or similar unit as there is no way of telling what the screen brightness will turn out to be.

I wonder how many others have this issue?

Thanks

Hi,

I bought this one from Deal Extreme - paid $115 about 3 months ago-now its down to $90

6" LCD Windows CE 6.0 Core 500MHz GPS Navigator w/FM Transmitter + Built-in 4GB Memory USA Map

SKU 37914

- Portable GPS navigator
    - 6.0" vibrant color touch TFT LCD screen
    - 800 x 480 pixels wide screen resolution and aspect
    - Features rich multimedia features
    - Powered by Microsoft Windows CE 6.0 Core (English) operating system
    - CPU: ARMII 500MHz
    - Built-in 4GB internal flash memory with the USA maps
    - Features a 1200mAh rechargeable lithium polymer battery
    - SiRF Atlas-IV GPS chipset
    - Other Win CE compatible mapping software can be installed on the GPS directly or installed on to Micro
    SD/TF cards and get launched with the GPS device (shell/launcher allows specifying the location and executable name of your custom GPS program)
    That's true but you can only specify one prog at a time!
    - Micro SD/TF slot supports card up to 16GB in size
    - Doubles as MP3 player, MP4 player, e-Book reader, games, picture album browser, etc
    - Built-in FM transmitter
    - Built-in speaker with 3.5mm earphone jack output
    - Launcher (shell) languages: English / French / German / Spanish / Portuguese / Hungarian / Italian /
    Russian / Greek / Polish / Turkish / Finnish / Roman/ Slovak / Czech / Norwegian / Danish / Swedish / Dutch
    - Windows CE supports ActiveSync with desktop/laptop PCs
    - Package included:
    - 1 * GPS device
    - 1 * Stylus
    - 1 * 12~24V Car cigar lighter power charger
    - 1 * 100V~240V AC adapter (US plug)
    - 1 * USB data sync and charging cable
    - 1 * Car windshield / dashboard mount kit
    - 1 * 3.5mm earphone
    - 1 * English user's manual (Very poor manual)

I've never tried mp3 player, eReader and so on- I bought it as a GPS not for other stuff!

The unit arrived about 10 days after I paid from it - which I thought quite acceptable. It came with IGO8 and US maps (which I deleted) and I quickly added latest Aus map and TTS Files and voices. TTS works perfectly except (I think) one female voice.

BTW before I made any changes I copied all the files to CD in "Just in case..."

I'm very happy with it. It runs IGO8 with full TTS and Primo also. Minor bitch is that the WINCE will not allow PERMANENT creation of an icon for separate programs and as far as I can see there is no way to edit the Menu.

(If someone else has worked this out -let me know!)

I don't intend to ever up-date the firmware as it seems that many who dos "brick" the units.

I tried to install Garmin as well- but the program would not run at all. Followed Hollowmans instructions to the lettter, but it just would not run!

The screen is a little glary in the Aussie sun- so sometimes its necessary to rotate it out of the sun a bit. (Megaducks latest "dark" screen made it a little better).

The unit is a bit heavy and as a result the suction won't hold on the windscreen for more than about 5 minutes.

However I bought a Bracketron Dash Mat on eBay for $20 and with a minor mod it holds the unit perfectly- never shifts about.

Its been interstate a few timesand seen a lot of city driving. It has never "locked up"- even though I have "all settings on high".

The unit seems to find the satellites quite quickly.

Just one time IGO8 'dropped out' and went back to the menu - can't figure out why.

I am very happy with the unit and the price ($25 cheaper than when I bought it) and would happily recommend it to anyone.
    Last edited by pandorf; 29-12-10 at 02:01 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks

Default Time with Daylight saving

Quote Originally Posted by mikeausa View Post

Hi. if its the same as IGO8 there is no need to set the time with the GPS itself.

Adjust your time Zone in the GPS settings, then the program will automatically have the right time once it finds enough satellites!

Thanks

Default china made gps , i know well

I am from china
    actually from gps factory ,any question free to contact me
    http://www.nowgoreadtherules.com
    We are GPS (Portable Navigation system ,PNA) manufacturer from china.
    Free to contact me:
    MSN:minia008@163.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperGPS View Post
    I am from china
    actually from gps factory ,any question free to contact me
    Some Chinese GPSs seem to have low screen brightness. Why is that and is there any way of telling what the brightness is before one is ordered

I just sent one back because of low screen brightness but have not yet heard if they will fix or replace it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steelpossum View Post
    I bought a chinese GPS, 800x480 resolution, in April this year from ebay.
    Similar experience, it runs iGo, Tomtom and Garmin.
    and have installed MioPocket.
    The only thing I have not been able to do is:
    When I run MioPocket, I cannot connect the unit'x bluetooth to my computer (xp, vista, 7) to access internet. However, it works via USB activesynch.

I've googled it, no solution so far. If anyone find an answer to this, it'll be ideal, 'cos for the cheap price, you basically get a pocket pc with wireless internet via bluetooth as well being a gps.
    I have the 7" unit.
    How did you get TomTom working on it?
    I can't get mine working. Have spent days, but it tells me it can't find the maps>?????
    Any ideas???

Thanks

Default 7" gps

After bricking my current $88 GPS, I am looking at purchasing a (not so) cheap Chinese 7" GPS with wireless reversing camera from ebay ().

Has anyone got one of these units? I want to be able to run Garmin Mobile XT, TOM TOM and Ozi (last 2 are not essential).
    The unit runs win CE5 so should work no probs I hope?

Thanks,

James
    Last edited by dapredator; 29-01-11 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks

hi folks, well to DAPREDATOR , just stick to IGO, it is so much easier, i have installed garming and i will warn you, you'll virtually pass that speed camera before it warns you, the gps fix is so slow, and as for tom tom, forget it, not as good features as igo, AND ESTIMASTER, read the above to dapredator, trust be mate, it ain't worth it in the end, igo is the best and easiest to install with so many more features, especialy if you get dimka skins.

cheers.

Thanks

Everyone has an opinion.....

and sorry but I can't agree with viper.. igo is ok, but I think CoPilot Live, Sygic Mobile Maps and Sygic Aura are all better than iGo (even iGo Primo which is miles better than iGo8) and they all install easily and run without fuss.

Both TomTom and Garmin are a nightmare to keep running.

Thanks

Angry CHINAVASION - BUYER BEWARE - Terms and Conditions

Hello All,

Late last year I bought a 7" All-in-one 2-DIN DVD-TV-GPS unit (Street King X1) from Chinavasion.

Installation went smoothly, adapter looms worked, and the unit worked wel as expected.

Then after 8 weeks of operation, the GPS stopped working and after trying to diagnose the problem locally, I decided to returm the unit to China as an RMA.

I followed their instructions, and a couple of weeks after I sent the item, they replied stating that according to their Quality Engineers the unit had no fault, and subsequently they would not be returning the item to me under their terms & conditions(cut paste from their website):

In What Situations Are Returns/Compensation NOT Approved By Chinavasion?
    Below are instances where a customer will not be eligible for returns and/or compensation:
    - Unapproved returns or returned products not processed through Chinavasion’s RMA procedure;
    - Products whose 12-Month warranty period has expired;
    - Received returned products that are damaged because of inadequate or unsecure packaging;
    - Products that were originally approved for return through our RMA procedure but have been confirmed by our QC engineers to be functioning after testing shall not be returned to the buyer.
    - Broken products caused by misuse or mishandling;
    - Returns of your unwanted, unsold yet functional products;
    - Products bought by mistake

I have repeatedly emailed to tell them that I will pay for the items return to me, but they refuse to return it.

They have given me a 10% credit to my Chinavasion account, but they refuse to accept any dialog in relation to returning my property to me. I'm left with no option but to seek redress though international trade organisations, and to spread the work far and wide that these people are a bunch of thieves.

Happy to discuss detials via PM or on this forum
    Jean-Pierre Gibard [spin35]

Thanks

Hi guys, first post here. Since this seems to be a good place to ask,

anyone bought either of these, or know any reviews of these. Also do they work just as well as any of the big name GPS', e.g. TomTom, Garmin:

or

Thanks guys.

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123