Thread: Ultraplus 9000 hd

Thanks

Default Ultraplus 9000 hd

I recently purchased one of these units and had all sorts of probs getting the card reader going . I must have downloaded and uploaded 20 different combos of firmware and plug ins all to no avail.
    The card reader was unstable the thing wouldnt record on two tunere wouldnt record on the timer .
    I ended up deleting the latest plug in , loading the APR05 firmware using the latest irdeto cam so I could see the piccies and timer record on one tuner.

In desperation I contacted Leroy Patrol who kindly gave me the links to the plug ins he has posted here .

Wow in 30 seconds the whole machine is working as intended in ALL facets. Card reader totally stable timer recording on both tuners at the same time , watching another channel on either of the two TP's

This is a great box. Despite the LINUX platform it performs totally like a closed source box and is very easy to operate and has great features .

This is the real value of this forum to have guys like Leroy Patrol ready to go out of their way to help

Leroy You the man !!

Ramp

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rampant1 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (04-06-10),urban_s0ulja (04-06-10),weirdo (04-06-10)

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I'm glad that it all now works for you. I actually hadn't seen one of these receivers in the flesh until yesterday so I was flying blind a little.
    I hope to have a play on the weekend with this one I just bought and though it's paces.

Cheers,
    Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Default Stereo Sound

Since loading the plug ins I was using my head set and notice it is only producing left sound not stereo when running on SD .
    I run mainly SD as my DVD recorder doesnt have an HMDI input .
    Any clues ??

Ramp

Thanks

I wouldn't think it would be anything to do with the plugins as they are only to do with encryption. I'd check the audio button as you many have left channel selected instead of stereo.

I unpacked the box last night and boy she's a big baby! I suppose we're all used of more compact receivers. This is full HiFi component width 430mm so it will sit nicely on top of your surround sound amplifier. But it is also wider to accomodate the internal hard disk plus it also has twin satellite tuners.

Cheers,
    Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Default Still single channel Sound

Leroy I checked the audio output and it is stereo not L or R channel .
    Got me beat !!

Additionally it will not now record on both tuners if you do not use the card reader.

My card reader is stalling again and when yor timer recording switches on it completely stalls IF you have two programmes that overlap.

Seems it has an issue recognising the second tuner as a seperate entity when the set up is either loop thru or seperate. In my case it has 2 seperate feeds from a 2 in 4 out switch .

Well back to the drawing board.

How is yours going Leroy ??

cheers
    Ramp

Thanks

What are you watching to get left channel sound?
    Using the card reader makes sense to record on both tuners as they would have to share the card. Why are you using a cam?
    I'll try recording 2 overlapping programs and see what happens.
    Generally I'm actually very happy with the unit. More than what I anticipated. My setup with the 2 tuner inputs lends itself to it very nicely. I did a bit of a write up which you can read here.

Cheers,
    Leroy

Thanks

Hi Leroy,

Can you get CrossEPG to run on it?

Thanks

I haven't loaded Enigma on my box yet.

Leroy

Thanks

I am still looking for something to replace my aging relook 400s. My main requirements are a dual tuner box with hard disk (USB drive would also be good), ability to run CS s/w (CCcam mgcamd, oscam etc) and a REAL epg - not just now/next and a reasonable price. Thus far it has been the lack of epg at a reasonable price that has been holding me up. There is also a bit of an issue with local suppliers. As far as I can tell the choice is between the AZbox and the Ultraplus. It seems to me that if the latter can run CrossEPG successfully that it's where I will be putting my money.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jgm View Post
    I am still looking for something to replace my aging relook 400s. My main requirements are a dual tuner box with hard disk (USB drive would also be good), ability to run CS s/w (CCcam mgcamd, oscam etc) and a REAL epg - not just now/next and a reasonable price. Thus far it has been the lack of epg at a reasonable price that has been holding me up. There is also a bit of an issue with local suppliers. As far as I can tell the choice is between the AZbox and the Ultraplus. It seems to me that if the latter can run CrossEPG successfully that it's where I will be putting my money.
    Dual Tuner -tick
    Internal Hard disk - tick
    USB Hard disk - tick
    CCcam - tick
    Mgcamd - tick
    Oscam - tick (I haven't tried this plugin)
    CrossEPG - ? Dunno until I try Enigma.

So it almost meets all your needs! I haven't found the perfect box yet

Azbox I wouldn't recomend. I have one but the main reason is for 4:2:2 feeds.

Cheers,
    Leroy

Thanks

Default Unlock HD channals

Hi can you help me please to unlock HD channals on Hotbird and nilesat i have Star Sat SR-1000HD with internet connection and a Microbox but i have only 2 HD channals opened help please and Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    CrossEPG - ? Dunno until I try Enigma.
    If you can put a tick on this you've got a sale.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jgm View Post
    If you can put a tick on this you've got a sale.
    If you run enigma on this box you will have crossEPG but E2 its not stable at the moment.....anyway not having crossEPG its not a big deal cause ultraplus 9000HD is a good box with a good picture quallity,fast channel zapping,CS is stable with Octacam,mgcamd and the best is the price is really good for the dual tuner box.I also have dm8000 and its really over priced and surely not double superior than ultraplus 9000HD
    Android TV boxes: Nvidia Shield U Box 4K, Rickomagic 808b, Rickomagic 802
    Raspberry Pi 2, Ouya
    AZbox Premium , dm8000 , VU+ Duo, Ultra Plus 900 and other none Linux boxes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novica View Post
    ultraplus 9000HD is a good box with a good picture quallity,fast channel zapping,CS is stable
    My Relook 400s has all that & I don't need HD yet. The ONLY thing lacking for me is a decent EPG. I'm not wedded to CrossEPG, but AFAIK, it is the only thing available to get the embedded f*xtel in Oz. I've also got boxes with the oztivo EPG, but I've had enough of internet EPGs.

• The Following User Says Thank You to jgm For This Useful Post:

spence (29-07-10)