Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Return 360 Warranty without receipt

Thanks

Question Return 360 under warranty without receipt

I purchased this in oct of 06 and heard that all warranties are extended for a year, if I ring M$ will they repair it under warranty without a receipt?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I've returned 2 and both times, no receipt. Mind you both were for the 3 RROD errors and the extended warranty thing is only for the 3 RROD errors.

You can actually go online () and do it all from there, which in my opinion is 100 times better than trying to deal with an Indian call centre.

Thanks

Hi mate thanks for the reply...I was wondering what RROD errors are? When I bought the unit the drive itself was acting up at times with lock ups, over time it got worse (I thought it was the damaged games I was throwing at it) never knew it till I read up on the net a few months back, heard they stuffed up something in the factory?...All it does now is flash red, if I can't get it under warranty how much would repair costs be?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Hi mate thanks for the reply...I was wondering what RROD errors are? When I bought the unit the drive itself was acting up at times with lock ups, over time it got worse (I thought it was the damaged games I was throwing at it) never knew it till I read up on the net a few months back, heard they stuffed up something in the factory?...All it does now is flash red, if I can't get it under warranty how much would repair costs be?
    flashes red...3 red lights out of the 4??? If so this is the fault that m$ extended the warranty for.

Mick

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micksxboxmods View Post
    flashes red...3 red lights out of the 4??? If so this is the fault that m$ extended the warranty for.

Mick

It flashes more than 3 times.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Jaws doesn't matter how many times it flashes just as long
    as three of the four lights are red and flashing
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by best4less View Post
    sweet

Thanks

even intermittently..wink wink(hint for when you call m$)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Micksxboxmods Does that really work if you say it is intermittently?
    Now I will keep that one up my sleeve
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teztickles View Post
    I've returned 2 and both times, no receipt. Mind you both were for the 3 RROD errors and the extended warranty thing is only for the 3 RROD errors.

You can actually go online () and do it all from there, which in my opinion is 100 times better than trying to deal with an Indian call centre.
    Hey teztickles,where do you go to fill out the forms online ??? I've had a look and can't find it anywhere..
    cheers

Thanks

On the main page click on 'Support', then in the support page on the right hand side there should be a link 'Open the Repair Agent'.

You then have to sign in with your Windows ID/Xbox Live details, then you have to register your console and once it's registered you can request a new repair for it. I only did one a few weeks ago and for some reason for me the 'request new repair' is not selectable which I'm taking it that it's just because it was freshly repaired and hopefully not because they've scrapped the online repair requests.

Hope it helps.............tez

Thanks

Micksxboxmods Does that really work if you say it is intermittently?
    Now I will keep that one up my sleeve
    of course it does, how can they disprove this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teztickles View Post
    Ye it is lot easier to do it online via that website as you dont have to answer 100 questions they ask you. Second part I have not experienced as I have sent couple of xbox 360's for my mates to ms. Everytime I have called, the call has been answered by a call centre in the US.

Thanks

even intermittently..wink wink(hint for when you call m$)
    When a microsoft monkey gets a xbox and follows the diagnostic checklist if it doesn't 3RoL they WILL charge you $100 bucks or something. it gets treated as a faulty xbox. and is not covered under the 3RoL extended warranty. 3RoL is caused by faulty X Clips on the bottom of the heatsinks i.e not enough tension pulling down on the heatsink on the cpu/gpu. it is heat related. if you get 2 RoL Zones 1 and 3. it is also heat related. open the box. replace the heatsink compound and you should be right to go. you can buy x clip replacment parts from ebay. but if you intend on doing that get some pretty good heatsink compound while your at it. im using a silicone based one in my xbox. it works well. but "Arctic Silver" is rumoured to be the best.

Also although the X-Clips dont feel sharp. i cut 2 fingers pretty bad trying to shake the last 2 sides off it.

Scott

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scobbus View Post
    When a microsoft monkey gets a xbox and follows the diagnostic checklist if it doesn't 3RoL they WILL charge you $100 bucks or something. it gets treated as a faulty xbox. and is not covered under the 3RoL extended warranty. 3RoL is caused by faulty X Clips on the bottom of the heatsinks i.e not enough tension pulling down on the heatsink on the cpu/gpu. it is heat related. if you get 2 RoL Zones 1 and 3. it is also heat related. open the box. replace the heatsink compound and you should be right to go. you can buy x clip replacment parts from ebay. but if you intend on doing that get some pretty good heatsink compound while your at it. im using a silicone based one in my xbox. it works well. but "Arctic Silver" is rumoured to be the best.

Also although the X-Clips dont feel sharp. i cut 2 fingers pretty bad trying to shake the last 2 sides off it.

Scott
    you've fixed one have you champ? Coz what you are saying is not a solution to fix 3 RLOD(it will temporarily fix it for about 1-3 months)

I've fixed prolly in the order of 500-1000 and I can tell you that it has little to do with the x clamps, it has alot to do with the motherboard, fllex and the size of gpu/cpu chips! X clamps come off very easily if you know how

You have a bit more reading to do then mate, coz I personally know quite a few freinds and customers that have had intermittant 3rlod fixed by m$ WITHOUT paying a cent(contrary to what you are suggesting)
    If they decide not to fix(due to tampering etc) they don't charge you, they just send it back, so dunno where $100 comes into it!(a ms service charge is actually $140)

Thanks

you've fixed one have you champ? Coz what you are saying is not a solution to fix 3 RLOD(it will temporarily fix it for about 1-3 months)
    havent done many, but I got one ere thats been going for about a year... don't wanna gloat only done two though....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pak_indo View Post
    havent done many, but I got one ere thats been going for about a year... don't wanna gloat only done two though....
    thats great dude, would be one of the lucky ones.

Thanks

Got a couple here that I'ved fixed about 10 months ago they get pretty well hammered and have had no probs

Thanks

so dunno where $100 comes into it!(a ms service charge is actually $140)

If you acutally read what i posted mick, you would have read $100 bucks or something

so i guess when i was told by the service tech to make sure that it RRoD's at every boot because if it didn't then i would have to dig into my pockets. and it was at both RMA's.

After the second post back i fixed it myself due to circumstances inside my control.

Also i dont know anyone who has had a single xbox repaired. Perhaps they RRoD'd while the monkey was diagnosing it.

Sorry if youve never fixed a RRoD prob thats very unfortunate to you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scobbus View Post
    If you acutally read what i posted mick, you would have read $100 bucks or something

so i guess when i was told by the service tech to make sure that it RRoD's at every boot because if it didn't then i would have to dig into my pockets. and it was at both RMA's.

After the second post back i fixed it myself due to circumstances inside my control.

Also i dont know anyone who has had a single xbox repaired. Perhaps they RRoD'd while the monkey was diagnosing it.

Sorry if youve never fixed a RRoD prob thats very unfortunate to you.
    I wasn't having a go at you, just explaining the real reason for 3RLOD. I have fixed over 500 of these as my previous post said

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast