Thread: Windows "page not available"

Thanks

Default Windows "page not available"

have just formatted my computer and was using a Optus dialup account starter kit while having problems with my ISP, its fixed now. was connected for 1 day and everything ok now when im going to a site i get a message about webpage not available of line i click connect and alls ok till i go to another page or what ever . and message back again what have i done wrong any help appreciated also a optus message keeps coming up and asking do i want to connect i have deleted the the account Peter

Look Here ->
    Thanks

In internet explorer try making sure tht under "File" the Work Offline button is not ticked. Your connection may be dropping randomly. Make sure all your connections are correct.

Thanks

im using a Netgear 834G v3 modem using the ethernet cable to no.4 for the main comp and 3 for the second one, just checked the second comp and it seems to be ok

Thanks

Sounds like the Optus starter kit is still installed or at least some of it's configuration changes are, see if it is in the Add / Remove Control Panel and if so remove it.

If still a problem, in internet explorer, Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections tab and check that you have "never dial a connection" checked.

If you're still having problems click the setup button from the tab above and use the wizard to setup your connection again. Check you want to connect to the internet, click next, setup my connection manually, next, Connect using a broadband connection that is always on, next then finished. See how you go.

Thanks

ssrattus, will try that let you know how i go

Thanks

ssrattus been surfing a fair bit and no problem yet, the grandkids will give it a work out tonight, thanks for your help very much appreciated, Peter