Thread: Smartmouse Programmer 3.58 / 6 mhz

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

Default Smartmouse Programmer 3.58 / 6 mhz

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a Smartmouse Programmer 3.58/6mHz from SatTronics (pictured below)

Seeing as I'm very new to programming cards, I'm having a small issue. All I want to do is make sure the PC can actually communicate with the programmer, but I'm totally stuck. Not one loader (ICProg, MultiProg, FMCard) can detect the programmer at all, and thats using as many combinations that each program can handle (inverted, different baud rates, changing Mhz, using API or Direct I/O, switching between COM1 and COM2).

This programmer came with no documentation, and after days of Googling and searching through posts on local and international satellite forums, I still can't get find simple answer.

For the record, Windows XP drivers have been installed for ICProg (so no error messages except the infamous '000h' one). Oh, and I'm trying to program silver cards (PIC16F877 / 24LC84), if thats any help.

Does anyone out there have one of these, and are you able to share what settings you have? I'm yet to explore the actual writing and reading side of things as yet (I'm sure I'll be in for some more hard work :P)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

ok, first problem, it won't programme a 'pic' on a card, because it is only a phoenix/smart mouse as far as I can see from the pic. Myabe someone that knows these better can comfirm 100%

If you have a card already programmed and working, to test the comms, try that in say FMcard, make sure that the units setting match the options in FMcard, ie 3.5 or 6 there must be a switch on it to change this. In Fm card also try changing the delay setting thingy, it is a slider from memory, not a huge amount just a few points at a time.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Ok, so perhaps a new programmer like Infinity or something would be better. I'll wait til someone else can confirm, as you said.

I'll try and test a working card - would a legit (let's say) SelecTV card be readable in this without any potential damage to the card?

Thanks

Hi Guys
    The Pheonix/Smartmouse programmers are only good for programming the eeprom on Gold/Silver etc. cards. ICprog is for PIC programming and Multiprog is for Elvis Progger(PIC/EEprom). It should work fine with FMcard but you will need to put a card with ATR in to check.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Cool. Just tested a legit card using FM and it can read it fine, so now I need a programmer that can load PIC.

Thanks for the help everyone!