Thread: Help Newbie

Thanks

Default Help Newbie

Hi guys,

I am new to all of this so bear with me (we are all learning eh)

anyway i have a DM7000-s which i have had for some time and had no issues with it on the sat dish.
    I have just moved house and now have foxtel to the house on fibre optic (just like normal cable i would assume) but i haven't purchased it. I plugged in my dream box just to see if anything would happen and as we know it didn't. Is there some way of making it work? do i need to put a different image on to it or am i next to stuffed? I still have my dish so can put it up but didn't want to draw attention to it as i am not supposed to put it up in this estate.

Thanks in advance

Look Here ->
    Thanks

You need a cable DVB-C tuner. In fibre connected premises the satellite transponder multiplexes are transmodulated onto DVB-C cable channel frequencies between the upper terrestrial VHF band 3 limit >230 MHz and below the UHF band 4 lower limit <520 MHz so that the modulated channels don't interfere with terrestrial channels injected onto the same cable feed. They are however different to the channels used for the usual HFC Telstra/Foxtel cable network, but both require DVB-C tuners, not DVB-S tuners which only tune into 950-2150 MHz signals and different encoding.
    Just get a cable tuner model and you'll be set. No need to set up a dish (which may not be allowed in many fibre estates anyway).

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davmel View Post
    You need a cable DVB-C tuner. In fibre connected premises the satellite transponder multiplexes are transmodulated onto DVB-C cable channel frequencies between the upper terrestrial VHF band 3 limit >230 MHz and below the UHF band 4 lower limit <520 MHz so that the modulated channels don't interfere with terrestrial channels injected onto the same cable feed. They are however different to the channels used for the usual HFC Telstra/Foxtel cable network, but both require DVB-C tuners, not DVB-S tuners which only tune into 950-2150 MHz signals and different encoding.
    Just get a cable tuner model and you'll be set. No need to set up a dish (which may not be allowed in many fibre estates anyway).
    I agree with you .