Hi all,
I am new - so please be gentle.. I have just purchased a second hand Pacom DVR16 and are having some issues.

The program wants to close down all the time. When I setup the program to 'defaults' - it runs fine, but every five minutes or so - the 'what do you want to do' box appears on the screen with the option to shutdown. i click no and it goes away - only to reappear about five minutes later.

If I go into the setup and set the options that I want (like different cameras, sensitivity etc) - then the machine automatically shuts downs (and reboots as I have the bios set that way) - every five minutes by itself ( no prompt on the screen).

So, i set the setup back to defaults again - and same thing - I get a prompt every five minutes to shut down again. Very frustrating..

Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening please?

Also, can someone tell me where I can download the latest software for the Pacom unit? I recieved a disk with the software on it - but I am sure this is very old. Usually, with buggy behaviour like this - a software update fixes it?

What have i tried? I have uninstalled the software entirely and just left windows running for an hour - no issues. I then deleted the install directories so that there were no remaining links back to the software. i then re-installed the software, rebooted and all working perfectly - EXCEPT for the same issue - prompting to shutdown again?

Sure would appreciate some help here !!