Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Solar Quotes - 3kw system with 2 x 2kw inverters?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    44
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    142
    Reputation
    22

    Default Solar Quotes - 3kw system with 2 x 2kw inverters?

    I got a quote recently for a 3kw system that had 2 2kw inverters rather than a 3kw or 4kw inverter.
    Is there any reason for doing this? It most likely will be a split array of panels but nobody else has quoted 2 inverters.
    Only Premium Members may advertise in their signatures!



Look Here ->
  • #2
    Junior Member rastus86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    51
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    141
    Reputation
    55

    Default

    what company is this ?

  • #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    831
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked 434 Times in 193 Posts
    Rep Power
    211
    Reputation
    2277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rank1 View Post
    I got a quote recently for a 3kw system that had 2 2kw inverters rather than a 3kw or 4kw inverter.
    Is there any reason for doing this? It most likely will be a split array of panels but nobody else has quoted 2 inverters.
    Probably because there is a shortage of Dual MPPT tracker inverters between 3 and 4KW , has been this way all this year.
    Before you accept any offer make sure they have stock and get it in writing !!

  • #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    138
    Reputation
    15

    Default

    i got a 3kw system with a SMA3800 there was an extra charge but worth it its a wireless reciver that keeps records of out puts for 1 year. as for why a company would quote with 2 inverters on system that size no idea becuase i would imagine it would cost more.

  • #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    831
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked 434 Times in 193 Posts
    Rep Power
    211
    Reputation
    2277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by didgydont View Post
    i got a 3kw system with a SMA3800 there was an extra charge but worth it its a wireless reciver that keeps records of out puts for 1 year. as for why a company would quote with 2 inverters on system that size no idea becuase i would imagine it would cost more.
    The 2 inverters will be cheap Chinese rubbish so will still be cheaper than a real inverter like yours.

  • #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    138
    Reputation
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    The 2 inverters will be cheap Chinese rubbish so will still be cheaper than a real inverter like yours.
    True but im sure the Chinese make rubbish 3.8 inventers and im sure they would have to meet some kind of standard to be connect to the grid in australia

  • Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •